Lobby: Up
Online: 33
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:08 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:20 am 

For reference, Haty & Bendigeit Vran are 2 NM's that drop the THF/NIN throwing weapon Rogetsurin (see wiki link). They don't seem to spawn on Nasomi the same way they do in retail, and I haven't seen them once in a dozen or so attempts, even with widescan, so I'm posting this tread to try to gather anecdotal information for the benefit of myself and others trying to obtain Rogetsurin. Below is what I have to add myself.

Firstly, before I began my search I already knew the item & the NMs exist here because I've seen it equipped on people. I first went out on a chocobo during New Moon before I had RNG or BST to sub for widescan. I checked the general spawn areas referenced on the wiki page, found nothing, then proceeded to search the entire zone during the nighttime spawn window and still found nothing. I asked in MogHouse LS and was told that the NMs spawn only during Full Moon on Nasomi, and have heard the same thing from a couple others since then.

By the next time I went out, I had RNG unlocked so I could use widescan. Still I found nothing during about 8 or so different attempts during different Full Moon phases, often searching from 17:00 to 6:00 and checking the entire zone. Sometimes I was the only one in the zone the whole time so there was little chance it was killed by someone else. I conversed with others looking for the NMs at the same time and they couldn't find them either. An LS mate who has seen and killed them multiple times in the past came out with me and he saw nothing.

I asked in MogHouse and my main LS if anyone's seen either NM lately and got no affirmative responses, so I began to wonder if maybe the NMs have been removed. A short while later I got word that an LS member found and killed Haty the night before at H-7 during 83% Waning, so outside of Full Moon. Now I had a confirmed recent sighting though, good news. That made me wonder now if the NMs spawn any time BUT Full/New Moon. So I went looking again for 4 or 5 nonconsecutive nights sometime between New & Full. Still no sign whatsoever... That's the extent so far of my search. I haven't yet tried to look on an 83% Waning night, but I should check it out. Now I wonder if their spawn cycles are spaced apart by same amount of time as in retail, but simply "transposed" if that makes sense, so that they spawn nightly for a while on regular cycles still, just not coinciding with Full/New Moon anymore.

What has your experience been with these NMs? The more recent the sighting, the better

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:06 pm 

I tried during both New Moon and Full Moon and never seen either of them spawn. I gave up.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:14 pm 

I was doing SAM quest when the guy who helped me found one of these NMs and got the kill together with the drop. I am not sure on further details like moon etc. But NM is there.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:23 pm 

When I got my Rogetsurin both NMs were up at the same time, so me and an LS friend both got it. The moon phase was somewhere in the middle (not new or full), so it may play a part but it's definitely not how it was in retail.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:14 am 

acapwn wrote:
I tried during both New Moon and Full Moon and never seen either of them spawn. I gave up.
Cap, I'm not far from it myself ATM.
rka666 wrote:
I was doing SAM quest when the guy who helped me found one of these NMs and got the kill together with the drop. I am not sure on further details like moon etc. But NM is there.
Lucky find!
Aramiltaru wrote:
When I got my Rogetsurin both NMs were up at the same time, so me and an LS friend both got it. The moon phase was somewhere in the middle (not new or full), so it may play a part but it's definitely not how it was in retail.
I figured these NM's might spawn together here. Thanks for further confirmation of spawns outside Full/New Moon.

**Add'l info since original post: nothing last night at ~80% Waxing nor tonight at 76% & 74% Waning. I really just need to start with looking around ~83% Waning as I mentioned above and see if that gets me anywhere. Funny what I'm putting myself through for +1 AGI for NIN as THF is already past Rogetsurin usefulness. Eh...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:45 pm 

NMs popped today when there was a Waning Crescent @ 26%. Both Bendigeit Vran and Haty spawned.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:05 am 

I saw when Booch announced in MogHouse that he had just killed B. Vran and that Haty was up too if anyone needed. Haty was dead before I could make it out there. A buddy and I camped out there the next 2 game nights and they never popped. I went afk for a while, buddy stayed to farm rams & keep an eye out for the NMs at night. Rogetsurin was in my inventory by the time I got back, buddy said they popped the next night after I afk'ed. All I can say is I can't find any rhyme or reason in the spawn behavior/pattern of the Nasomi version of these NMs. And though I now have Rogetsurin, I still have never personally seen the NMs yet. Good luck to you campers.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:22 pm 

Found it recently at moon phases between 73-100%. Mine was at 100 after about 3 nights camping. Ive spotted both NM a few times via Wide Scan when passing through and usually announce in MH to any who need.

I would surmise that they arent really moon based but random pops based on what everyone has stated.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:45 pm 

just got haty at G-8, darksday 20:42 full moon (98%)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:45 pm 

I got B Vran by accidentally running into him looking for Haty during a full moon less than a week ago. No widescan so I can't confirm if Haty was also up.

B Vran was in the southern part of his retail wiki shown spawn area. Did not spam dimensional death like he did on retail.
I was passing from Haty's eastern spawn area to his Western spawn area.