Lobby: Up
Online: 60
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 912 Next
 Post subject: Re: Good about Nasomi
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:09 pm 

If he listened to players wed have toau content :( still good server but still toau prz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:30 pm 

Tororu wrote:
If he listened to players wed have toau content :( still good server but still toau prz

Honestly just be patient. If you have nothing else to do beyond of Toau in game, go outside.

Last edited by Saiga on Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:31 pm 

Nasomi has said in the past that players don't know what they want.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:32 pm 

Did i ever say he gives us what we want? no. All i said was he listens lol.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:38 pm 

Saiga wrote:
Tororu wrote:

Honestly just be patient. If you have nothing else to do beyond of Toau in game, go outside.

Im at the beach guy by the time i get back toau and bcnm will be back working

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:47 pm 

Tororu wrote:

Im at the beach guy by the time i get back toau and bcnm will be back working

All of ToAU needs to be scripted, cya in 2+ years lol.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:37 pm 

Saiga wrote:
Dancer wrote:
The best thing about this server and the thing that will always remain the best is: nasomi spends thousands of dollars on this server to make it as enjoyable for us as he can. There is no better server in terms of stability. Its number one and will remain number one unless SE ever releases a 05 era retail server.

I would argue its better than a would be SE official 05 era server because Nasomi actually listens to what palyers want.

still no pup.

;_;

I like a LOT about nasom, it has a big player base, it is free, it has some bugs but mostly runs okay. the community is awesome for the most part.

and i feel like the worst things about it could be fixed easily but it would appear Nas doesn't really care for the solutions.

if he gave GM's decent powers and got some helpers/volunteers involved, you wouldn't have things like 10 day wait time to get account problems solved, at the moment for example, me and 3 other people were about to go down and get LB3 and magicite done, we'd been planning it for days as two of us have IRL stuff going on. we'd been planning the day for a week and finally it arrived, only for us to zone into Davoi and for one person to be instajailed (as far as we know, he did nothing wrong, after looking at forums, it's apparently a bug with nasomi, problem is, nasomi himself will take anywhere from 1 day to 10+ days to fix his problem, until then he can't even play, the rest of us being halfway decent friends won't progress until he's back.

all of this could be fixed if he had some helpers he was willing to give some stronger GM and account management problems. I don't know if he just likes fixing this stuff, but it would take a lot of effort off oh his back too! the server is wayyyyy too big to have just him dealing with all these problems.

i haven't been around for very long, but i think this Q&A will be fantastic for the reason of giving some transparency and letting us know a lot more about the goings on, as he doesn't really seem to interact with the community much, so perhaps this will be an opening door for the few things about the server i don't like!

godspeed everyone!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:52 am 

frobo wrote:
still no pup.

;_;

I like a LOT about nasom, it has a big player base, it is free, it has some bugs but mostly runs okay. the community is awesome for the most part.

and i feel like the worst things about it could be fixed easily but it would appear Nas doesn't really care for the solutions.

if he gave GM's decent powers and got some helpers/volunteers involved, you wouldn't have things like 10 day wait time to get account problems solved, at the moment for example, me and 3 other people were about to go down and get LB3 and magicite done, we'd been planning it for days as two of us have IRL stuff going on. we'd been planning the day for a week and finally it arrived, only for us to zone into Davoi and for one person to be instajailed (as far as we know, he did nothing wrong, after looking at forums, it's apparently a bug with nasomi, problem is, nasomi himself will take anywhere from 1 day to 10+ days to fix his problem, until then he can't even play, the rest of us being halfway decent friends won't progress until he's back.

all of this could be fixed if he had some helpers he was willing to give some stronger GM and account management problems. I don't know if he just likes fixing this stuff, but it would take a lot of effort off oh his back too! the server is wayyyyy too big to have just him dealing with all these problems.

i haven't been around for very long, but i think this Q&A will be fantastic for the reason of giving some transparency and letting us know a lot more about the goings on, as he doesn't really seem to interact with the community much, so perhaps this will be an opening door for the few things about the server i don't like!

godspeed everyone!

I think Nasomi would be considered a large server these days even compared to retail, I mean according to retail forums only Odin and Asura have more than 1K players each.
Anyway like all private servers Nasomi is probably based on DarkStar software so if there are bugs in DarkStar we're going to suffer from them here as well - if you want to contribute, DarkStar is completely open-source and available on GitHub. They'll probably be happy to accept any bug fixes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:50 am 

It started out as such but Nas started doing a bunch of his own things. I don't think he follows the DS anymore. We're locked into his version now.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:38 pm 

NM drops are not rare ex. Best.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 912 Next