Online: 60
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: I'm done.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:44 am 

Oddin wrote:
Thanks for everything, Nasomi but after this gil fiasco, I'm done. Consider this my retirement from this game. I didn't work my ass off to have my legit earnings taken from me that I have been building on for over 2 years now. Not only did I lose my gil but I lost the items that I sold for that gil. Now people are essentially walking around with free items while I get nothing. I don't know how you thought this was a good idea but whatever. Your server and your call.

To those of you who used the exploits, thanks for ruining the game for everyone else. You knew what you were doing was wrong and yet you did it anyways. You're the reason this server isn't bigger than what it is already. I don't blame people for not wanting to play here when people like you are a part of the community and remove any joy or fun from the game.

To everyone else, it has been fun. I will miss you guys and I'll miss this game but I can't do it again. I tried telling people this was going to happen if they kept doing it and now it has happened and people like myself are screwed out of our time and hard work. I'm not going to sit here and watch it happen a third time. I can't.

Good bye,
Oddin

I'll miss you Oddin. You've helped me in many ways since I started here back in January. From help getting goldsmith equipment made, to coming out to NMs and lending me your treasure hunter, you've been alot of help to me. Thank you and best of wishes to you.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:47 am 

What can I say? It sucks to see you go for good. I hope you come back.

I'm having a tough time with this too, it's making it really difficult to motivate myself to log back into the game. So I feel some sympathy for you there.

I will say as well that doing the run for Rajas and working on limbus and relics together as a group was the absolute pinnacle of my time on the server so far. I enjoyed every single solitary minute of it. Thanks so much for extending that initial invitation to me as a partially-geared, mostly-retarded MNK ^_^

Quote:
That never sat right with me when Arn and Kal dropped out and you were left high and dry.

Hahah :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:08 pm 

I havent been on to really experience it but if people are complaining about losing gil they need to stop. Not a single person lost anything. Everyones networth is exactly the same before the wipe. You're just essentially crying over not seeing a bigger number which was mostly duped gil and fake to begin with and i agree with nas removing the majority of it for an economy readjustment. Nas's solution is actually way better than what happened back during retail when SE wiped out the vast majority of gil sellers. When SE wiped them out they didnt take away gil and because prices plummeted on the everything if you had 100mil it was suddenly worth 10x more.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:03 am 

Arcflare wrote:
I havent been on to really experience it but if people are complaining about losing gil they need to stop. Not a single person lost anything. Everyones networth is exactly the same before the wipe. You're just essentially crying over not seeing a bigger number which was mostly duped gil and fake to begin with and i agree with nas removing the majority of it for an economy readjustment. Nas's solution is actually way better than what happened back during retail when SE wiped out the vast majority of gil sellers. When SE wiped them out they didnt take away gil and because prices plummeted on the everything if you had 100mil it was suddenly worth 10x more.

Clearly, you didn't bother to read the thread nor do you understand my position. No, my net worth is not the same as it was before the wipe. It's actually considerably less. I had amassed a fortune before the gil exploiters were even an issue. Not only did I lose all the money I made after the exploiters but I lost half of my initial fortune. Nas's solution didn't even account for people's wealth before the exploits and that's the problem. It screwed over anyone who had any legit earnings beforehand and the more you had, the greater the loss you suffered.

As for your offhand comment about people "crying", making a legitimate claim is not crying. I never complained or demanded it to be changed. I accepted the decision and made my own to walk away. The purpose of this thread was to let everyone know I was done with this server and why I was done. Your comment is nothing more than a silly attempt at stirring the pot to evoke some sort of reaction that you will not get.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:08 am 

Well clearly it did or you wouldn't be on here posting still.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:25 am 

Infidelc wrote:

And now comes the peanut gallery.

Me setting him straight was not the reaction he was wanting but you knew that already. It doesn't take a genius to see what he was trying to do. He came into a thread he clearly didn't bother to read, made false assumptions about people complaining when no one was complaining and then threw in a negative remark for good measure. His opening sentence even states he doesn't even fully know what has happened as he hasn't been around. Sure, he'll come back and say that he read about it but then he didn't even bother to read the thread in which he posted in. Not sure why you're trying to succeed where he failed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:21 pm 

Oddin wrote:
Infidelc wrote:

Me setting him straight was not the reaction he was wanting but you knew that already. It doesn't take a genius to see what he was trying to do. He came into a thread he clearly didn't bother to read, made false assumptions about people complaining when no one was complaining and then threw in a negative remark for good measure. His opening sentence even states he doesn't even fully know what has happened as he hasn't been around. Sure, he'll come back and say that he read about it but then he didn't even bother to read the thread in which he posted in. Not sure why you're trying to succeed where he failed.

Actually i did read the whole thing. I think you're failing to understand how the value of money works. It doesnt matter how astonomically large your wealth is. If you have 10x the amount other people have and everyone's money was instantly cut in half. Youre still worth the exact same. Just because you're looking at a smaller number doesnt mean that number is worth less than what it was before. If i had 1mil which is small in comparison to you and i logged in now and was set at 250k i wouldnt be mad because i knew everyone was readjusted and knew my 250k would retain the same value as if i had 1mil.

Yes it sucks it had to happen and i can understand why youre mad that it did but this way that nas did it was the only way he could do it. Im pretty sure at this point youve got pretty much everything buyable with gil anyway outside of maybe more currency for relics. So gil is pretty useless to you for the most part anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:38 pm 

I don't care either way, I understand why you are upset but if you really wanted to quit you would have left so time to suck it up and play or stop commenting on here.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:22 pm 

Arcflare, go research what a price floor is before you try to lecture people on how the value of money works.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:36 pm 

Arcflare wrote:
Oddin wrote:
Infidelc wrote:

Actually i did read the whole thing. I think you're failing to understand how the value of money works. It doesnt matter how astonomically large your wealth is. If you have 10x the amount other people have and everyone's money was instantly cut in half. Youre still worth the exact same. Just because you're looking at a smaller number doesnt mean that number is worth less than what it was before. If i had 1mil which is small in comparison to you and i logged in now and was set at 250k i wouldnt be mad because i knew everyone was readjusted and knew my 250k would retain the same value as if i had 1mil.

Yes it sucks it had to happen and i can understand why youre mad that it did but this way that nas did it was the only way he could do it. Im pretty sure at this point youve got pretty much everything buyable with gil anyway outside of maybe more currency for relics. So gil is pretty useless to you for the most part anyway.

I don't know how many different ways I have to explain this...

I started back in December of 2013. I spent the first year of my time on this server building a fortune. I amassed 24M in that time frame. This was before the gil exploiters came along. I took a small break from the server and sat on that 24M. When I came back, the gil exploiters were in full swing apparently. After I came back, I spent another year building another 30~40M (I did buy some rather expensive items as well) on top of my previous, untainted money. Most of that came from the last few months with some big sales. Then came the 75% reduction across the board. After that, I'm down to 12.5M. I lost ALL the gil I had made in that second year along with half of the untainted gil I made in the first year ALONG with the items I had sold for the tainted gil. I am essentially out a year's worth of work and time for what you call "equal value".

As for you and everyone else saying that it doesn't matter because the money still holds the same value, I seriously doubt that. I can't attest to it myself as I haven't logged in since to check prices but from what I've read, prices have not fallen to match the gil removed from the system. I'm willing to bet dynamis currency is hovering around 400k+ still as well. And no, I don't have everything I can buy with gil. I have plenty of items to buy still for jobs I was leveling/already leveled. However, that's irrelevant as what I do with my gil isn't your concern.

Infidelc wrote:
I don't care either way, I understand why you are upset but if you really wanted to quit you would have left so time to suck it up and play or stop commenting on here.

You don't care either way yet you post. If that's not the pot calling the kettle black...