Lobby: Up
Online: 35
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:34 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:02 am 

I would like to add a few suggestions to the guide for players who might be starting to out grow these low level options.

Goblin Ambushers can be found in decent quantity in KRT, Dangruff Wadi, and Horototo. They’ll drop Animal Glue quite frequently and it goes for 5k a stack on the AH. The glue sells very quickly as many crafts use it.

Yagudo Pipers in Giddeus drop the scroll for mages ballad. It npcs for 1k and isnt flagged as rare so you can farm your iventory worth before heading to town to vendor them. As a bonus they also drop yagudo necklaces for norg fame or extra gil on the AH. The other yagudo of this teir occasionally drop silver beastcoins which are also quite good on the AH.

If youve been leveling thf or subbing it while farming, you can take the beastcoins you’ve stolen to Mhaura and turn them in to a repeatable quest for gil and fame as well.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 3:56 pm 

Go look at the 200+ stacks and incredibly undercut prices of insect wings, silk thread, crystals, yag, necklaces, etc. sitting on the AH and try and tell me this guide still makes sense. All of these low level options , at least from a Windurst stand point, are wayyy over-farmed. Prices are steadily falling. There is almost no difference between selling a stack of silk thread on the AH and vendoring it now, except not having to wait 2 weeks for it to sell.

It is almost impossible to start this game out as BLM/WHM/RDM because the equipment + scroll prices are so expensive compared to the gil that can be earned. I'm about to hit lvl 10 BLM and still cannot kill a yagudo scribe because I only have Stone and Water, and RSE. I understand no one is expecting me to be decked out in anything only having just started, but I doubt anyone will take me seriously if I hit lvl 14 only casting 3 spells in lvl 1 gear.

Reading guides like this is frustrating. I understand you're trying to be helpful to newcomers, but this is almost misleading. If you want to give helpful advice, start over. Make a new lvl 1 char and get it to lvl 25-30 +subjob WITHOUT giving yourself gil, then write a guide. Because I doubt it would look similar to this.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 4:01 pm 

yellowplant wrote:
Go look at the 200+ stacks and incredibly undercut prices of insect wings, silk thread, crystals, yag, necklaces, etc. sitting on the AH and try and tell me this guide still makes sense. All of these low level options , at least from a Windurst stand point, are wayyy over-farmed. Prices are steadily falling. There is almost no difference between selling a stack of silk thread on the AH and vendoring it now, except not having to wait 2 weeks for it to sell.

It is almost impossible to start this game out as BLM/WHM/RDM because the equipment + scroll prices are so expensive compared to the gil that can be earned. I'm about to hit lvl 10 BLM and still cannot kill a yagudo scribe because I only have Stone and Water, and RSE. I understand no one is expecting me to be decked out in anything only having just started, but I doubt anyone will take me seriously if I hit lvl 14 only casting 3 spells in lvl 1 gear.

Reading guides like this is frustrating. I understand you're trying to be helpful to newcomers, but this is almost misleading. If you want to give helpful advice, start over. Make a new lvl 1 char and get it to lvl 25-30 +subjob WITHOUT giving yourself gil, then write a guide. Because I doubt it would look similar to this.

While I fully get your point, you literally do only cast 3-4 spells as BLM for a while. As for this guide's feasibility, the point I just leveled BLM 1-12 in RSE Gear and no armor. I filled 45 spots of my inventory with crap. I vendor'ed most of it, without looking, and you might be right about the AH and vendor basically being equal at this point: The fact remains, vendoring all of that crap basically paid for the beginning BLM spells. Quest the ones you can, obviously.

Now instead of just leveling to move on, circle back and farm the stuff that vendors for slightly more than nothing. I get your frustrating, it is frustrating, but there's no secret. The guide would still look EXACTLY like this if we re-wrote it, because these are still the only possible options to make gil. We aren't withholding top secret gil making activities that a level 10 can do. What you said just means you have to spend more time doing it, not finding something else. It's not easy, and I don't think anyone said it was.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 4:02 pm 

Quote:

Sorry but almost exactly 1 year ago when I joined this server, I started as WHM without knowing anyone on the server, without receiving any gil, and this guide would have been a godsend.

If the prices of all those items are dropping, it's because people are using this guide and competing with one another, causing that drop. One day after writing this guide I got complaints from newbies saying "Mary's Milk is never listed on the AH why is it in your guide????" when, in reality, it's just that all of them sold out... there were over 20 Mary's Milks on AH when I was in the process of writing this up!

If the prices of things have dropped so low that you could vendor them for more, then buy them and vendor them.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 4:11 pm 

The maker of the guide can't help that people are so stupid they'll pay a fee to place items on the auction house for the same amount as vendor price or less.

However, you can take advantage of that and buy anything under vendor price...

That is how I got by early on when I started in February. I grinded out a thousand gil or so doing the Crawler Calculus quest and then would often make 4-10x as much gil. That gil bought my spell scrolls.

This does take some research on your part, however.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 4:14 pm 

Nabutso wrote:
Quote:

Sorry but almost exactly 1 year ago when I joined this server, I started as WHM without knowing anyone on the server, without receiving any gil, and this guide would have been a godsend.

If the prices of all those items are dropping, it's because people are using this guide and competing with one another, causing that drop. One day after writing this guide I got complaints from newbies saying "Mary's Milk is never listed on the AH why is it in your guide????" when, in reality, it's just that all of them sold out... there were over 20 Mary's Milks on AH when I was in the process of writing this up!

If the prices of things have dropped so low that you could vendor them for more, then buy them and vendor them.

LPT always in the comments ^

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 4:38 pm 

yellowplant wrote:
Angry rant.

So in summary, you are mad that someone who, under no obligation to do anything for anyone, took the time to try and help a large group of new people and because many of said new people appear to be following the guide, it no longer works for you exactly as advertised? Nice.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 5:36 pm 

yellowplant wrote:

There were numerous suggestions that did not at all involve selling random crafting mats on ah, such as repeatable quests. If the things we used to do to make money no longer make money, then it's up to you guys to figure the new route out. Bcnms are back too, plenty of money to be made.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 5:51 pm 

Farm. NPC things, sell crystals OR use crystals to craft to sell those things. Buy things from NPCs cheap and sell on AH for profit? There are numerous ways to make money on this game. You just need to go out and do it. It gets easier later levels when you're able to kill different things for different drops etc. But at the lower levels, you're given what you put in.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:37 pm 

yellowplant wrote:

If you can't kill a yagudo scribe at lvl10 you are doing something wrong. This is how you do it. At distance 20 yalms (you can see this on the top right of your screen) start casting your highest spell, which you said was water (you should have aero at this point, its what 1k from npc? go kill crawlers and get 6 calculus and turn it in, 1.2k there ya go). After it lands, the yagudo scribe will start casting a spell, at this time cast bind on it. It is now bound. Wait for water recast, cast it again. Then Start running away from the yag right after it is done casting. After the 1~second spell delay, start casting stone on it. It should cast before the yag gets to you. It should be dead. Profit.

BTW there is zero gear pre lvl10 besides maple wand (lv1) and willow wand (lv8? or 9) that affects spells in a positive way. ( I assume you received the windurstian ring when you started). Those can be bought from an npc for minimal gil which you can get literally npcing crystals that drop. You can find where they sell from npc at ffxiclopedia.com

This guide is not misleading. You are the one saying misleading information.

Suck
Less

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next