Lobby: Up
Online: 50
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:40 pm 

Luckily, at 40, RDM is incredibly useful for running BCNM's.

FFXI has a way of working out in the end for anyone that tries.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:46 pm 

Carp, BCNMs, Bird Blood, other methods...

Do anything but be lazy and you'll get it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:06 pm 

I found this guide incredibly useful when I started a few weeks ago, in Bastok I took the Wild Onion route and farmed them on the goblins in Dangruf Wadi as I leveled characters between level 8-12. Not only 350 gil each is a lot for a new player, but it gave me a whole lotta Bastok Fame that makes everything cheaper at vendors. Cheers and thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:27 am 

Bump for justice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:15 pm 

Thank you for the guide. Isn't this the way we did it "in the olden days". I remember playing the AH, selling lug worms and doing repeatable quests. right now, this is my plan as well.

I came back to this game because this game was a challenge. Nothing was ever handed to you. Heck it took me over year to make enough gill to be "comfortable".

IMHO, I would suggest players relax and enjoy. FFXI isn't just a game, it's a lifestyle!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:46 am 

Yes, these are effectively the same strategies that people recommended back in 2003. The major issue is that the playerbase on Nasomi is significantly smaller by about a factor of 20 compared to retail, so the economy moves slower as a result. This can easily frustrate newer players. Hopefully if Nasomi continues to grow the economy should improve somewhat. Although, I doubt it'll ever reach the level of liquidity that existed from '03-'07.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:12 pm 

Heh, but do you remember the inflation that came with the popularity and population and inevitable RMT activity? I spent something like 16M on a scorpion harness before the counter-measures were implemented, and then the prices on everything tanked. Good times...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:49 am 

lolBST wrote:
Heh, but do you remember the inflation that came with the popularity and population and inevitable RMT activity? I spent something like 16M on a scorpion harness before the counter-measures were implemented, and then the prices on everything tanked. Good times...

You may not like to hear it but a while ago I ran a search on Google for beginner tips on how to make gil and there were many RMT sites that offer gil on nas (only nas and retail!), so yes the situation is a little difficult.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:39 pm 

Players who buy and sell gil are easily detected and banned. Yes, you'll see people buy and sell on those sites, but they are always permanently jailed soon after. The seller gets their $ either way, banned or not. That's why you still see people do it.

That being said, if you strongly suspect that someone is buying or selling gil, better if you have actual proof, you can send it to nasomi and he will deal with it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:41 am 

Bubbly Bernie quest, The Cold Light of Day. https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Th ... ght_of_Day

Get a stack of quus for 200g and trade one at lighthouse, turn in for 500g. Rinse, wash, repeat. I did this 14 years ago and made 100k in few hours as a level 10 thief.

And here I am... doing it again...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next