Lobby: Up
Online: 65
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:56 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:06 pm 

Carried this over from my original post so that it would be visible to new people without having to comb through 4 pages of the other thread.

Here is an easy way to make money that literally anyone can do. Kill crabs for their meat to NPC, (as was previously mentioned it vendors for around 270g and crabs are present in all 3 starting areas,) then kill some Goblin Fishers until they drop a Clothespole, (also available in all 3 starter areas.) You can also farm more meat to just buy the Clothespole (2k) if the goblins are being stingy. Then buy a stack or two of Little Worms from an NPC, (they are like 3g apiece, available in all 3 cities.) Fish up some Crayfish, (again available in all 3 starting areas,) until you hit 6 or 7 skill. Vendor all your Crayfish or wait for AH sales if you wish. Use the Crab Meat gil to buy some Insect Ball bait off the AH, (usually around 3k/stack.) Fish up Moat Carp to your heart's content, which can be done inside of all 3 starting cities. Congrats, you now have as much gil as you're willing to put the time in to fish up.

Stacks of Moat Carp sold in last 15 days as I write this: 3265 @ 3k a pop = 9,795,000g in Moat Carp sales in the past two weeks. You're welcome.

Also for the love of god, don't undercut ridiculously if you want this method to be sustainable for awhile. Your fish will sell you just need to have more patience than a five year old.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:33 pm 

might i suggest pricing them at 2951, 2911 or 2901 if you want to speed up your sales. the more you undercut, the more you risk losing but it could get you a slightly faster sale.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:40 pm 

Concepcion wrote:
might i suggest pricing them at 2951, 2911 or 2901 if you want to speed up your sales. the more you undercut, the more you risk losing but it could get you a slightly faster sale.

Just don't be that guy that sees an item selling for 3000 and list yours for 2801.

And then list at 2701 when your own 2801s start selling for 2900.

That's the worst.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:53 pm 

Nabutso wrote:
Concepcion wrote:

Just don't be that guy that sees an item selling for 3000 and list yours for 2801.

And then list at 2701 when your own 2801s start selling for 2900.

That's the worst.

totally not meeee :roll:

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:55 pm 

Not an accusation at any particular person.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:00 am 

If someone really wants to speed up their sales, rather than screwing a bunch of people over by undercutting the market into the ground, they should look at who the buyers are and try to work out an arrangement with some of them for bulk sales. Most people who are buying carp are buying in bulk anyway, so offering them a discount to move a bunch of fish instantly is a great way to go. That way the buyers get their discount fish, the impatient sellers get their fast gil, and they don't get the hatred of other new players selling on the AH when they crater the market.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:17 am 

Epyon wrote:
If someone really wants to speed up their sales, rather than screwing a bunch of people over by undercutting the market into the ground, they should look at who the buyers are and try to work out an arrangement with some of them for bulk sales. Most people who are buying carp are buying in bulk anyway, so offering them a discount to move a bunch of fish instantly is a great way to go. That way the buyers get their discount fish, the impatient sellers get their fast gil, and they don't get the hatred of other new players selling on the AH when they crater the market.

If anyone want to offload Moat Carp quickly, I still need 5k for my Lu Shangs.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 3:00 am 

I'll buy your carp at 3k a stack in bulk!

If you sell me over 15 stacks I'll give a 10k bonus
If you sell me over 30 stacks I'll give a 20k bonus

send a tell to Saleam ^^

Just need 3k more carps though so get it while it's hot!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:40 pm 

I have been trying this for a bit now and I just keep getting "you lost your catch due to your lack of skill"

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:47 pm 

EscoNitz wrote:
I have been trying this for a bit now and I just keep getting "you lost your catch due to your lack of skill"

You have to get lvl 5 skill to catch moat carp reliably. Try going to Selbina and fishing for Cobalt Jellyfish until you get there.

Note: This will take you 6+ hours unless you're lucky.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop