Lobby: Up
Online: 29
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:53 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:06 pm 

Idk why you are necroposting here; this thread is from 8 months ago when the server was a very different place. Aside from that, I am pretty sure you misunderstood the post; I was showing overall AH sales history, not my own. The point of the the post was to help address numerous complaints by new players at the time over the perceived difficulty of making gil, it was not something I myself did.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:15 pm 

Epyon wrote:
Idk why you are necroposting here; this thread is from 8 months ago when the server was a very different place. Aside from that, I am pretty sure you misunderstood the post; I was showing overall AH sales history, not my own. The point of the the post was to help address numerous complaints by new players at the time over the perceived difficulty of making gil, it was not something I myself did.

He's just excited, Epy! See all the exclamation marks in his New Player Intro post.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:33 pm 

Gerschwinn wrote:
Epyon wrote:
Carried this over from my original post so that it would be visible to new people without having to comb through 4 pages of the other thread.

Here is an easy way to make money that literally anyone can do. Kill crabs for their meat to NPC, (as was previously mentioned it vendors for around 270g and crabs are present in all 3 starting areas,) then kill some Goblin Fishers until they drop a Clothespole, (also available in all 3 starter areas.) You can also farm more meat to just buy the Clothespole (2k) if the goblins are being stingy. Then buy a stack or two of Little Worms from an NPC, (they are like 3g apiece, available in all 3 cities.) Fish up some Crayfish, (again available in all 3 starting areas,) until you hit 6 or 7 skill. Vendor all your Crayfish or wait for AH sales if you wish. Use the Crab Meat gil to buy some Insect Ball bait off the AH, (usually around 3k/stack.) Fish up Moat Carp to your heart's content, which can be done inside of all 3 starting cities. Congrats, you now have as much gil as you're willing to put the time in to fish up.

Stacks of Moat Carp sold in last 15 days as I write this: 3265 @ 3k a pop = 9,795,000g in Moat Carp sales in the past two weeks. You're welcome.

Also for the love of god, don't undercut ridiculously if you want this method to be sustainable for awhile. Your fish will sell you just need to have more patience than a five year old.

How many hours a day were you fishing? And I assume that's all you did, no xp, no quests or such.

Want to make money? Dualbox. Get both accounts to lvl30, one of them WHM/blm for sneak/invis and Teleport/warp if you want to take it to 37, unlock chocobo & kazham, do Tele Mea/Dem/Holla quests then Ninjutsu quests, sell everything for approx 500k each character, or use the Teleport scrolls on your WHM to teleport for a fee. Better would be to sell the scrolls then relegate the WHM/blm to perma-fishing at all times that you're on taking advantage of sneak/invis to reach fishing spots safely and warp out, and play the other character as normal. That's what I do, and 1 month in I have close to 1mil net in items/spells/gil having sold neither of my Utsusemi scrolls.
If you still want to make more money, do the RSE quests on both characters also and sell whatever you don't want to use. RSE is strong to use, and expensive to sell, so win/win.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:54 pm 

Or you could take a leaf out of Mello's book, don't wear pants, pretend to be a noob and hit Ninja up for gils live on stream.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:04 pm 

did that work?

asking for a friend

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:09 pm 

Ah, everyone has a friend. I guess so, Ninja closed his game window off briefly, when it came back, Mello here did a "OH MY GOD THANK YOU!!!" type thing.

Oh to be famous.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:22 pm 

thats lit. i should have asked him for gil when I was pl'ing him last night

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:24 pm 

So he is giving out gil he was given by random sycophants aka fans? =P

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:42 pm 

Wolffhardt wrote:
did that work?

asking for a friend

Depends what qualifies as working, it was 10k.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:43 pm 

Trojaness wrote:
Ah, everyone has a friend. I guess so, Ninja closed his game window off briefly, when it came back, Mello here did a "OH MY GOD THANK YOU!!!" type thing.

Oh to be famous.

Glad the troll worked :D

Also, fishing alts don't need pants, I just wear gloves. No pants or boots ;)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next