Lobby: Up
Online: 40
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject: Re: Gardening
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:57 pm 

I'm not convinced that the bag access was the only way to exploit the previous BCNM system. Nas wouldn't just remove content if it worked perfectly with no reason. You do have to remember that there were exploits with unlimited rewards too, not just entry. That's why it'd affect ENMs too.

Those exploits still work on other servers that use the original BCNM system.

Anyway, as far as Gardening goes, to be more specific, nas was even looking at trying to get it released over the summer. Obviously, that didn't happen, but nas moving to the current account system was one of the many things that had to come together before he could even consider working on Gardening.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:03 pm 

Nabutso wrote:
Everyone shits on nas when stuff comes out broken - but when he takes the time to try to fix that you don't consider it beneficial? I don't get it. You can't have it both ways.

You need to understand that you are the one and only person on this entire server that wants to give him credit for trying to fix things because what he does when tries to fix things, is break things. That's a fact.

I used to spam wool. I'd buy almost every gigas sock on the ah to make wool socks and wool hose to sell to the guild npc. It used to reset and be able to sell more anytime there was a maintenance. In preparation for nas maintenance, I would make 3-4 full rounds of socks and hose(about 20 each) to sell to the npc in anticipation that he would be bringing the server down multiple times that day. I was always right. And I made a lot of gil because of it back then.

I'm just saying I'm never surprised when he breaks things. I've been around a while and I know how things go with him. The majority of the time he is spending trying to fix things is the things he broke to begin with. So please understand why noone is going to give him credit for his fixes except you.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:05 pm 

I'm never surprised when he breaks things, but securing BCNMs from exploits isn't what I consider breaking BCNMs. That is a legitimate example of things being broken that he didn't break, but is in the process of fixing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:12 pm 

Nabutso wrote:
I'm never surprised when he breaks things, but securing BCNMs from exploits isn't what I consider breaking BCNMs. That is a legitimate example of things being broken that he didn't break, but is in the process of fixing.

The fights worked fine. It was only the orb thing. It is not a legitimate example.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:16 pm 

Aeroo wrote:
Nabutso wrote:

The fights worked fine. It was only the orb thing. It is not a legitimate example.

I won't go into detail into the exploit in case it still applies somewhere else, but it was not just BCNM entry, that's much more minor, that needed fixing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:18 pm 

Aeroo wrote:
Nabutso wrote:
Everyone shits on nas when stuff comes out broken - but when he takes the time to try to fix that you don't consider it beneficial? I don't get it. You can't have it both ways.

You need to understand that you are the one and only person on this entire server that wants to give him credit for trying to fix things because what he does when tries to fix things, is break things. That's a fact.

I used to spam wool. I'd buy almost every gigas sock on the ah to make wool socks and wool hose to sell to the guild npc. It used to reset and be able to sell more anytime there was a maintenance. In preparation for nas maintenance, I would make 3-4 full rounds of socks and hose(about 20 each) to sell to the npc in anticipation that he would be bringing the server down multiple times that day. I was always right. And I made a lot of gil because of it back then.

I'm just saying I'm never surprised when he breaks things. I've been around a while and I know how things go with him. The majority of the time he is spending trying to fix things is the things he broke to begin with. So please understand why noone is going to give him credit for his fixes except you.

wait wut?

gdi aeroo. i ask you how to make gil with cc all the time and this is how i find out

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:24 pm 

Nabutso wrote:
Aeroo wrote:
Nabutso wrote:

I won't go into detail into the exploit in case it still applies somewhere else, but it was not just BCNM entry, that's much more minor, that needed fixing.

Your bullshit stinks today dude. Stop it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:26 pm 

H3ll... even Micro$oft with it's huge network of testers and developers breaks functionality with its products with routine Windoze Updates, not to mention individual patches/updates to individual products.

Square-Enix was notorious for it, among other game developers.

Just saying... it is a one-man operation here...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:26 pm 

I'm not gonna tell people how to exploit just to prove a point.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:03 pm 

You're doing it again Nab. Do we need to have this discussion twice in one week?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next