Lobby: Up
Online: 55
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject: Re: Gardening
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:58 pm 

Some BCNM, KSNM, and one ENM was functional, but let's not pretend they were fully functional and with the correct difficulty.

I'm just upset that when he reintroduced KSNM30, some were still broken -- no prompts when trading an orb, and when he finally "fixed" it, it was STILL broken -- no loot table or something else that spawned in place of the chest that can't be interacted with.

Fixed content = new content, except when it's not actually fixed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:11 pm 

Wolffhardt wrote:
Aeroo wrote:
Nabutso wrote:
Everyone shits on nas when stuff comes out broken - but when he takes the time to try to fix that you don't consider it beneficial? I don't get it. You can't have it both ways.

You need to understand that you are the one and only person on this entire server that wants to give him credit for trying to fix things because what he does when tries to fix things, is break things. That's a fact.

I used to spam wool. I'd buy almost every gigas sock on the ah to make wool socks and wool hose to sell to the guild npc. It used to reset and be able to sell more anytime there was a maintenance. In preparation for nas maintenance, I would make 3-4 full rounds of socks and hose(about 20 each) to sell to the npc in anticipation that he would be bringing the server down multiple times that day. I was always right. And I made a lot of gil because of it back then.

I'm just saying I'm never surprised when he breaks things. I've been around a while and I know how things go with him. The majority of the time he is spending trying to fix things is the things he broke to begin with. So please understand why noone is going to give him credit for his fixes except you.

wait wut?

gdi aeroo. i ask you how to make gil with cc all the time and this is how i find out

It actually was a decent bit of work going from socks to threads to cloths but it was good gil/hour at the time. Now I couldn’t be asked and others have grown wise to the secret anyway. Before we were officially limited to 3 characters, my champion mithra queen, Cirea, would be holding 50+ of each at any given time just waiting to collect payment.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:20 pm 

But but but garrison and 6 man 40 caps are wayyy too easy.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:41 pm 

I’m pretty sure Gardening and moghancements were implemented by the Eden server recently and submitted to dsp. Nas can’t use it?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:47 pm 

I see nothing about gardening on dsp, so no, it wasn't submitted. Also, Nas is years off of dsp now, there is no way to take something from dsp and just pop it onto the server here.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:51 pm 

Nabutso wrote:
I see nothing about gardening on dsp, so no, it wasn't submitted. Also, Nas is years off of dsp now, there is no way to take something from dsp and just pop it onto the server here.

Gardening was introduced on Eden on the first of this month and they contribute everything they do back to dsp.

I'm aware the versions are different but I wasn't sure if Nas could use it as a guide for a quicker implementation, not that he couldn't just add it himself.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:54 pm 

You can see the dsp pull requests yourself, it's not there.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:56 pm 

Ah, I just asked. They said it isn't contributed yet, but will be.

Doesn't matter, if Nas can't use it then it's whatever

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:04 am 

Nabutso wrote:

Sorry for the criticism but I think not contributing back security fixes is not playing nice, after all it's the interest of all private servers to keep the game fair.
And not getting security updates from dsp is even worse because people can see what was fixed and immediately try that. This is true for all open source software. I don't think many will do that though because these exploits can usually be detected retroactively and people will get banned.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:44 pm 

Nightcoder wrote:
Nabutso wrote:

Sorry for the criticism but I think not contributing back security fixes is not playing nice, after all it's the interest of all private servers to keep the game fair.
And not getting security updates from dsp is even worse because people can see what was fixed and immediately try that. This is true for all open source software. I don't think many will do that though because these exploits can usually be detected retroactively and people will get banned.

At this point, the dsp code and nasomi code have forked quite a bit. This isn’t really a useful conversation anymore.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next