Lobby: Up
Online: 35
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:57 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:19 am 

Configuring Chat Logs

Does anybody know how to SAVE the settings on the chat logs? Did everything the OP called out for, looked amazing and lost it upon relogging on. This has been the only frustrating part about this server so far! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:58 pm 

Heyo,

I noticed the latest Nasomi Ashita released is still a v2.x, and the reshade that FFXI HD Overhaul provides requires 3 or at least for the pol.exe file to be present in Ashita > ffxi-bootmod (which I don't see on the latest Nasomi loader).

Do you guys still use this shader somehow? Or is it best just to run without it.

Thanks!
Rabid

Edit: I'm a dumby, It's "Ashita 2" but the version is 3.0.0.10 :P, Still looking for the pol.exe though :o

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:14 pm 

Aquious wrote:
can someone explain to me the purpose of Altana Viewer? is it strictly a model view outside the game or does it change your appearance for yourself? (I would look but the firewalls are blocking me)

It's strictly a viewer for the game files, you can look at all the armours/weapons and animations on player characters, look at all the NPCs, and listen to all the sounds/musics of the game and all sorts, it doesn't interface with the game in any way.

However it seems after the latest Nasomi update it doesn't work anymore (least for me)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:01 pm 

Quote:
Do you guys still use this shader somehow? Or is it best just to run without it.

Rabid - to get reshade running with Nasomi you need to Navigate to the Ashita folder of your Nasomi FFXI install and direct the programme to the FFXI-bootmod folder which will have the Pol.exe file in it. Select Direct3D9 and you should be golden.

There's a decent guide by Amelila who's behind all the HD upgrades here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndClSKtN6Mk (the Ashita section starts at about 2:25 in)

Personally, I don't like most of the effects Reshade or Amelila's presets offer (and it causes my FPS to crash from 60 to sub 30 when all installed) but I do like the Clarity option which sharpens the image markedly for me. I just untick all the others and enjoy a stable 60 FPS.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:58 pm 

Thanks Teapot! I had some setup mishaps when I had grabbed the previous Ashita update which is why POL wasn't showing up... oooops!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:50 am 

mvillacreses wrote:
Configuring Chat Logs

Does anybody know how to SAVE the settings on the chat logs? Did everything the OP called out for, looked amazing and lost it upon relogging on. This has been the only frustrating part about this server so far! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

When you set new logs and macros you need to log out of the game via the logout command, don't crash the client or you'll lose all your settings.

Updated the post with some fresh info, if you don't use a gamepad make sure you disable it in the XI Config to reduce lag.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:47 am 

Is this not sticky'd?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:42 am 

I don't have the Game tab in my Ashita config, where can I find these settings?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:53 am 

Arryn wrote:
I don't have the Game tab in my Ashita config, where can I find these settings?

If it's not available in Ashita v2 most of those settings are editable in the XI Config which is in the ToolsUS folder. If you really want to max Mip Mapping you can edit the registry files. There's a pretty detailed guide on how to do that here: https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Graphics

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:42 pm 

So I decided to fiddle around, and I can't get config.exe to stay open. Made a shortcut, it's on desktop. It say press any key, and when I do it just closes the config window. No option, no nothing.

What am I doing wrong >.>

Edit: it's not config.exe, it's the ffxi config.exe file that lets you enable mip mapping. Still have to regedit the value tho.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next