Lobby: Up
Online: 84
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:38 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next
 Post subject: Re: "You need to farm"
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:01 pm 

Ariel wrote:
Julia wrote:
People speaking beyond their competence is practically an epidemic here.

God..I bet you got a good punchable face, but I guess no one can top thee # 1 punchable face Tucker Carlson, but you could come in as a close second.

sometimes i think we should actually teach irony in schools

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:19 am 

XooZQ wrote:
I don't understand the point of this post. You were lacking an important spell, and the party was annoyed at the fact. You're lucky they didn't kick you. I don't know if you're new to the game or not, but the answer to the question, "Which spells are important?", is "All of them." Which gear is important? All of it. If you don't have the money for your next 5-10 levels of spells/equipment, you're not ready to put your flag up.

I didn't explain it very clearly, but my point was that I was missing Silena when I didn't realise I needed it for the mobs, but the other player tells me I need to go and not exp until I farm for Erase. It just annoyed me, and I'm sure it annoyed them too, but it was a simple mistake. I've since learned and replied to this thread about what I'm doing now.

And I was the party leader so they couldn't kick me. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:20 am 

Wallen wrote:
XooZQ wrote:
I don't understand the point of this post. You were lacking an important spell, and the party was annoyed at the fact. You're lucky they didn't kick you. I don't know if you're new to the game or not, but the answer to the question, "Which spells are important?", is "All of them." Which gear is important? All of it. If you don't have the money for your next 5-10 levels of spells/equipment, you're not ready to put your flag up.

I didn't explain it very clearly, but my point was that I was missing Silena when I didn't realise I needed it for the mobs, but the other player tells me I need to go and not exp until I farm for Erase. It just annoyed me, and I'm sure it annoyed them too, but it was a simple mistake. I've since learned and replied to this thread about what I'm doing now.

And I was the party leader so they couldn't kick me. :lol:

To put it this way, the NIN could have easily joined up without Utsusemi and claimed the same feigned ignorance you did. The end result is that both are equally negligent, and will end up with a dead tank. Erase is NOT mandatory, but it will be the difference between Stomping being a one shot, or a maybe one shot.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:05 pm 

I remember the pain of trying to get gil for Refresh aaaaaaaaaages ago. I remember selling all of my conquest points to gil to afford it quickly so I didn't have to put any time into farming.

I still hate farming, but I heard crafting is preeeeeetty good for money; someone told me that you could just roam areas booping mobs and desynthing their drops into items you can vendor for many more times the profit!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:27 pm 

Eekfish wrote:
I remember the pain of trying to get gil for Refresh aaaaaaaaaages ago. I remember selling all of my conquest points to gil to afford it quickly so I didn't have to put any time into farming.

I still hate farming, but I heard crafting is preeeeeetty good for money; someone told me that you could just roam areas booping mobs and desynthing their drops into items you can vendor for many more times the profit!

I fished for about 4 hours to get the money for Refresh. My fishing skill level was already intermediate by that time.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:53 pm 

Nightcoder wrote:
Eekfish wrote:

I fished for about 4 hours to get the money for Refresh. My fishing skill level was already intermediate by that time.

Refresh used to be 1.2m gil earlier this year post pop explosion but pre BCNM40 release

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:42 pm 

Nabutso wrote:
Refresh used to be 1.2m gil earlier this year post pop explosion but pre BCNM40 release

Ouch. How was it obtainable? OWNMs?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:48 pm 

Nightcoder wrote:
Nabutso wrote:

Taisaijin mostly

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:19 pm 

Nabutso wrote:
Nightcoder wrote:
Nabutso wrote:

Taisaijin mostly

Does it mean that if you were something like a RDM75/NIN37 you could just solo it and sell for over 1m then rinse/repeat? That's pretty easy money.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:31 pm 

Taisaijin has a 24-72 hr random respawn time, and killing a Taisai that was marked as the future Taisaijin meant that Taisaijin's timer would reset.

People constantly troll about how Taisai drops refresh, so newbies go out and constantly kill Taisais, making Taisaijin exceptionally rare.

Not really easy money. You can't exactly camp a mob with a 48 hour window which is reset by anyone who decides to reset it.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next