Lobby: Up
Online: 23
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next
 Post subject: Re: "You need to farm"
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:43 pm 

Taisaijin's Refresh is the sort of thing you can check while moving through Ranguemont, and sometimes you'll get really lucky and he'll be up, but it's rare. Kinda like NMs were 'meant' to be.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:09 pm 

I just yelled at a WHM today at the same camp for not having Silena. Yelled HARD too. I felt a little bad afterward. I know there are a lot of meta-level contextual things going on here that would take me a lot of time to explain. You know when you were a little kid your father spanked you after catching you running into the street? He needed to scare you a little bit for you own good. I know the metaphor is rough but you have unknowingly put yourself and others in a very stressful situation, again for reasons that are too difficult to easily articulate in a way you will easily understand because they are subtle and complex yet still VERY important if you get it wrong.

1. Why it's a bad idea to level WHM first (plz consider RDM first),

2. Why NIN need silena so bad (esp w that comp)

3. How broken farming is but no one wants to admit

4. Meta politics w nasomi (ie. Effects of recent DDOS / RMT)

To all future party members, do not assume we enjoy "spanking" you when we decide that it is a necessary evil to do so. Sorry for the weird metaphor.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:17 pm 

arkbg1 wrote:
I just yelled at a WHM today at the same camp for not having Silena. Yelled HARD too. I felt a little bad afterward. I know there are a lot of meta-level contextual things going on here that would take me a lot of time to explain. You know when you were a little kid your father spanked you after catching you running into the street? He needed to scare you a little bit for you own good. I know the metaphor is rough but you have unknowingly put yourself and others in a very stressful situation, again for reasons that are too difficult to easily articulate in a way you will easily understand because they are subtle and complex yet still VERY important if you get it wrong.

To all future party members, do not assume we enjoy "spanking" you when we decide that it is a necessary evil to do so. Sorry for the weird metaphor.
good post

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:21 pm 

arkbg1 wrote:

Let's be honest. Any NIN worth their salt keeps echo drops on them. If you're expecting the WHM to have money for silena, then you can't counter that with not having money for echo drops.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:02 pm 

It's been a year since this thread already?

NIN should carry echoes and whm should have silena.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:05 pm 

arkbg1 wrote:

Your father spanked you when you ran into the road because you almost died.... not because you had to lose a few XP in a video game. Also.. don't spank your kids.

I'm not even sure what you mean about the "meta-contextual" things that you'd have to explain... but you ought to carry some echo drops.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:17 pm 

welcome to main chat <3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:50 pm 

arkbg1 wrote:

:roll:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:28 am 

My advice to anyone starting out is to level thf first (Thf & Rdm if dual boxing) and use it to farm for your preferred job.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:01 am 

necro

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next