Lobby: Up
Online: 35
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:13 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:41 pm 

rori wrote:
Cilarnen wrote:
-Undercut, undercut, undercut!

Please don't. This just screws everyone over except the already established people. Show a little patience instead of tanking the prices of things.

There is a time to undercut and a time to let it ride. Do some research before setting prices. We can already see this happening with many of the crystals.

When to undercut: You farm item A , before you sell it you check out the Auction House here on Nasomi.com , and you see there are 1000 of them on the AH and 5 have sold in the last 15 days. The supply is way higher than the demand...undercut if you plan on selling it.

When not to undercut: You farm item B (fire crystals lets say). They sell on avg of 1k per stack. You check the Auction House on Nasomi.com (using today's stats) you see 748 on the AH. And 1500+ have sold in the last 15 days. The Supply matches the demand that there is no need to undercut. If everyone put their crystals on for a set amount of 1k per stack, then they will all sell in the order they went on. They are selling on avg of a 100 per day, you may just have to wait a day or two for your crystals to sell.

Also I would like to point out a fact many people get wrong in these games: Farming Materials to craft something does not mean you saved money in most cases. Unless the materials you have farmed equal in cost to what you could have optimally farmed during that time frame. Even if you got the items while levelling, they still hold their value.

Craft X - Requires Crystal A Mat B Mat C
A Costs - 100 gil
B Costs - 1000 gil
C Costs - 28 gil
Total Cost = 1128 gil to make.

If you farm all 3 of these items, their value does not change. If you Create X and sell it for under 1128 gil you are throwing away money(you could have just sold the mats), and not only are you throwing away gil you are starting to make the market tank on said item**. The only time this is acceptable is when you are using said craft to level your crafting up - and these items are common skill up items so they will usually just get NPC'd anyway.

**This doesn't take into account that higher level crafters can sometimes produce more of a certain item by HQing and therefore lowering their effective cost.

Disclaimer: I have been known to undercut as well, when my patience doesn't match my resolve lol

Sorry for the rant haha

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:29 am 

To add to the OP's method of gil farming if starting in Sandy:

Speak to Secodiand in North Sandy F-6. Trade him x2 Bat Wings for 200g profit per trade. x12/stack = 1.2k gil. Bats spawn outside city from 18:00-6:00
game time with a respawn time of 3 mins. Farm these while farming the next option during 6:00-18:00 -

Speak to Parvipon in South Sandy E-8 (next to blue home point crystal/Tanners Guild). Trade him x3 Rabbit Hides for 120g profit per trade. x12/stack = 480g and hides drop like candy from the rabbits outside the city. (can literally get a stack within 10 mins)

Both of these options are an excellent way to make fast gil for even a Level 1 player. Keep in mind to purchase your low level starting Weapons/Armor from the npc shops in both North and South Sandy (just check your map). Happy farming!! EDIT: Didn't even see Zeph's post on page 1 lol ...... my bad :P

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:38 am 

I will have to mention that ALL or most of these ideas are based on people buying.
They only buy because of rmt/exploited gil that already exists.There are not enough players to support an actual economy and gil is ALWAYS hard to come by.

Again it is easy to say farm this and sell it,but honestly people should not have the gil to throw around.
Really too bad the admin has not caught the cheats,really should be quite easy,especially early on when you see players scooting up the crafting ranks at an alarming rate and tossing around gil like they have some magical gil tree.

I have as i am sure others do as well,suspicions on the whole ordeal,too bad really the world is full of dishonest people.Just like what happened on vanilla FFFXi is it took TOO LONG to make change,by that time all the exploiters had filled coffers and will never again be affected by change whilst new players are severely hampered by a broken economy.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:42 am 

BTW selling a stack of hides for 480gil is laughable since ONE starting sword for a level 1 noob is far more costly with Ah prices already broken.
So a new player will farm for 5 hours to finally buy 1 level 1 sword and will be level 8+ by that time,i hope the math is rather obvious that these farming methods are NOT practical when compared to the broken economy.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:31 am 

Zubov56 wrote:
I will have to mention that ALL or most of these ideas are based on people buying.
They only buy because of rmt/exploited gil that already exists.There are not enough players to support an actual economy and gil is ALWAYS hard to come by.

Wat. If there is rmt on a private server then we're probably doomed as a species. And the economy does just fine, I and plenty of other people got by just fine with repeatable quests early on. You don't need fancy gear as a lvl 13 WAR with no subjob and no one expects you to; just being able to buy a greataxe is above what you'd expect.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:30 am 

Lisotte wrote:
Zubov56 wrote:

Wat. If there is rmt on a private server then we're probably doomed as a species. And the economy does just fine, I and plenty of other people got by just fine with repeatable quests early on. You don't need fancy gear as a lvl 13 WAR with no subjob and no one expects you to; just being able to buy a greataxe is above what you'd expect.

Please disregard anything that guy says. He has no idea what he is talking about. There are no RMT, no one is buying gil from RMT on a private server... To any new players reading this please know that If you need low level gear you can buy it from the NPC's in town for quite cheap. People price it high on the AH because some lazy person will pay 5k for an item that is 600 from the NPC to save themselves a trip there. Once you get some levels there are a myriad of things to farm to make easy gil since most crafters are too lazy/busy to go farm.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:52 am 

Zubov56 wrote:

Again it is easy to say farm this and sell it,but honestly people should not have the gil to throw around.
Really too bad the admin has not caught the cheats,really should be quite easy,especially early on when you see players scooting up the crafting ranks at an alarming rate and tossing around gil like they have some magical gil tree.

I have as i am sure others do as well,suspicions on the whole ordeal,too bad really the world is full of dishonest people.Just like what happened on vanilla FFFXi is it took TOO LONG to make change,by that time all the exploiters had filled coffers and will never again be affected by change whilst new players are severely hampered by a broken economy.

Lol.

Idk who you are, but you sound super-duper salty, did that wax sword +1 price crush your dreams of being a low level 'cool guy'?

Annnnnyway, worth mentioning also that, for now, the effects of Treasure Hunter on this server are stronger than that of retail, not too sure of the specifics, but yeah. On top of that, many monsters have incorrect drop tables in that they have more drop 'slots' than they should, that coupled with a stronger Treasure Hunter makes for some big yields. Farming Beastmen with some Treasure Hunter can yield some serious loot to sell, the armours they drop, etc. Specifically, Orcs are probably the best for this. The low level Orcs drop the Lizard set etc, don't think that stuff NPCs very well, so you'd be better off going for Bird Blood. The OP mentioned low level Yagudos though, for scrolls and what not.

I think it's the mid-tier level of Orcs, Orcish Brawler etc? That have some nice armour drops that NPC well for liquid gil. They get to the point of being squishy, and with some Treasure Hunter they can drop up to 3-4 armours.

When you're plowing through them, you're looking at 150k/hour I think? My friend was doing. That's from armours alone, you're also getting gil from the straight gil they drop, and can turn those Gold Orc Masks into Gold Ingots if you have progressed Goldsmithing to 40 or so, which sell nicely. This is how people have 'gil to blow', repetitive farming is stronger here. That goes for anything really, Beastmen Armors, Bird Bloods, etc etc.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:31 am 

I think you just let out a lil secret there Insight, lol. Appreciate the info nonetheless, thank you :D

The gears on AH do shoot up in prices after level 30 or so. Simple body piece, no stats, mostly 20k at least... My BRD is not the best killer so any gil I made needed to go towards songs. I'm still wearing a level 11 armor D:

About level 1 gear - this can be tough I agree especially if your starting city isn't #1 or at least #2 (lolWindy I'm talking about you). Very limited weapons selling at the NPC. They can be good source of money tho if you have access to NPC and put a piece of each weapon in the AH... I did that when I was dirt poor starting out too.

Other than that making 2-3k levelling from 1-10 isn't that difficult if you know what to kill. What you want to do is kill only a few specific type of monsters so you can have full stack of crystals and drops to put on AH instead of a few of everything. San do'Ria is especially good for this with Orcs dropping fire crystals.

Last edited by Jei on Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:40 am 

Jei wrote:
I think you just let out a lil secret there Insight, lol. Appreciate the info nonetheless, thank you :D

The gears on AH do shoot up in prices after level 30 or so. Simple body piece, no stats, mostly 20k at least... My BRD is not the best killer so any gil I made needed to go towards songs. I'm still wearing a level 11 armor D:

About level 1 gear - this can be tough I agree especially if your starting city isn't #1 or at least #2 (lolWindy I'm talking about you). Very limited weapons selling at the NPC. They can be good source of money tho if you have access to NPC and put a piece of each weapon in the AH... I did that when I was dirt poor starting out too.

I couldn't care less :D. Isn't my method of gil, and it's pretty popular anyways, so. More people farming means more gils that'll eventually end up in my pocket. Not that I have much use for gil at this point, but hey, I'm a hoarder.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:47 am 

Man you seem to sell tons of desirable items. If there's any BRD stuff you think a dirt poor BRD can afford please let me know lol xD

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next