Lobby: Up
Online: 42
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:11 pm 

Jei wrote:
Man you seem to sell tons of desirable items. If there's any BRD stuff you think a dirt poor BRD can afford please let me know lol xD

Well the bonus of being BRD here is that much of the equipment is fairly cheap compared to retail. Monster Signas are easily affordable if you have a lvl 30 job with a thf sub at level 15 (you could even get lucky and farm one yourself. Giddeus is a great place to earn reliable gil that is immediate without having to wait for the AH). Aside from that, theres only 3 instruments you really need and they're all relatively cheap and the rest of you gear doesn't matter much (just grab +mp where it's cheap).

Probably the best thing to do starting out tho is just level up. Make use of the fact that you can stick to the dunes / qufim and get to level 30-40 without having to buy more expensive equipment. Level multiple jobs that are capable of using the gear you already have and save those drops. It sucks for a while but gets better with time. Make sure you rank up at a reasonable rate so you can take advantage of CP gear too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:15 pm 

Thanks for the tips Rori. So far it's been cheap as you said. However I now need to afford my Ballad 2. 150k is still quite above the gil amount I ever had here :D I'm even skipping a few lvl 40-50 songs... I figure I need Ballad first of all.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:54 am 

Lisotte wrote:
Zubov56 wrote:
You don't need fancy gear as a lvl 13 WAR with no subjob and no one expects you to; just being able to buy a greataxe is above what you'd expect.

Really? 'Cause that's exactly what I did...then again, I took my time and did the research for exactly what I wanted and when I'd need(not want) new stuff so I had the gil to purchase reasonable gear and then sink the rest on the axe in Selbina.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:22 pm 

You're awesome for posting this Cilarnen. To chime in on this myself: when I started here back in December, I spent the first few days getting Warrior to Lv.16. During that time and for 3 weeks following, all I did was farm and upgrade my gear using these methods from retail. I made around 200k in 3 weeks doing this farming. I was Lv.16 with no sub job unlocked yet wearing all best in slot. It's not hard to make gil, it's just time consuming. It's always worth the investment though and prepare ahead of time, and I encourage any player who's starting out to focus on raising gil at an early level and buy your gear ahead of time. As you get higher in level, you'll make gil easier and easier. Keep your nose to the grind and just keep farming and crafting what you find makes you profit. NPC what doesn't sell well or quick on the AH. Rinse, repeat. The Roman Empire wasn't built in a day.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:09 am 

^ Lol.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:52 pm 

Bump to keep this near the top for new players. Are stickies a thing here?

BST75 BRD46 RNG12 SAM71
NIN37 DRG60 SMN70 BLU15
DRK0 PUP0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:55 pm 

bump for visibility, theres been an influx of new players lately

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:45 pm 

Thanks for this thread.
It's giving me some much needed direction. It's hard to do anything without gil after all.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:20 pm 

The crystals are getting low. Fire, Wind, Thunder... farm them, new players. Farm them.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:00 pm 

I like what you say here. I always say don't fuss about gear too much in the beginning, you will always suck. Equip standard and cheap. Level up as fast as you can.

I never buy crystals though. Prefer to farm them for max profits. Takes more patience but still 1500 profit is a lot. Plus you level up a very important craft in the process.

I like this guide I wish more people saw the game in this way :)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next