Lobby: Up
Online: 86
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:41 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:49 pm 

Edit: Alright nevermind, after testing it does show the Aquarium/Mask but they do give gil. Don't recall that ever being the case which is why I was confused now. xD

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:01 pm 

Conqueror wrote:
You're awesome for posting this Cilarnen. To chime in on this myself: when I started here back in December, I spent the first few days getting Warrior to Lv.16. During that time and for 3 weeks following, all I did was farm and upgrade my gear using these methods from retail. I made around 200k in 3 weeks doing this farming. I was Lv.16 with no sub job unlocked yet wearing all best in slot. It's not hard to make gil, it's just time consuming. It's always worth the investment though and prepare ahead of time, and I encourage any player who's starting out to focus on raising gil at an early level and buy your gear ahead of time. As you get higher in level, you'll make gil easier and easier. Keep your nose to the grind and just keep farming and crafting what you find makes you profit. NPC what doesn't sell well or quick on the AH. Rinse, repeat. The Roman Empire wasn't built in a day.

If this isn't the funniest thing I've read in forum history I don't know what is. Bump for the comical aspect.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:34 pm 

Chase wrote:
Conqueror wrote:
You're awesome for posting this Cilarnen. To chime in on this myself: when I started here back in December, I spent the first few days getting Warrior to Lv.16. During that time and for 3 weeks following, all I did was farm and upgrade my gear using these methods from retail. I made around 200k in 3 weeks doing this farming. I was Lv.16 with no sub job unlocked yet wearing all best in slot. It's not hard to make gil, it's just time consuming. It's always worth the investment though and prepare ahead of time, and I encourage any player who's starting out to focus on raising gil at an early level and buy your gear ahead of time. As you get higher in level, you'll make gil easier and easier. Keep your nose to the grind and just keep farming and crafting what you find makes you profit. NPC what doesn't sell well or quick on the AH. Rinse, repeat. The Roman Empire wasn't built in a day.

If this isn't the funniest thing I've read in forum history I don't know what is. Bump for the comical aspect.

Don't hate on his swag.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:53 pm 

My personal advice is level Thf up to 37. Then take on Bst. Don't camp the suggested path online because that is to level up as fast as possible. I, instead, have been leveling up in the best spots I can find for making gil. Rake in the money while you level the best. You get to keep all the loot. I made a killing in Sauromague Campaign in my mid 30s. Between all the gear drops from Yag that npc from 1.5-3k a drop, the ballad's from Yags, spells from Yags, and the raptor skins sell for 4k a pop, and then crystals on top of that. I think I made close to 250k from levels 34-40. Now I am going 40-48 doing spider webs. Bst is raking me in the gil. I do mine as well and craft but level where there is gil to be made.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:09 pm 

I used to resell a lot for gil in the beginning. Made a bit from farming, then invested it anywhere I could make 500gil- 1kgil profit. Items that are only available in certain regions that often get overrun by beastmen are great too (elshimo areas for instance). This was great because it was quick and easy. Inventory isn't an issue in the beginning and the AH is unlimited! I could continue to farm or level if I wanted. Put all this gil into crafting and was able to be more self-sufficient.

Items I bought from NPC and sold on AH:
Copper Ore
Distilled Water
Wijnroot
Maple Sugar
Millioncorn
Worms
Lugworms
Bolts
Arrows

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:55 pm 

Cherripepsi wrote:
Stuff

Thank you for necroing this post, and Chase for his almost year old bump:

Chase wrote:
Conqueror wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:44 pm 

My advice is that unless you're leveling thf, you should try to move on from farming as fast as you can make the initial capital for the other ways of making money, such as crafting, mining and ferrying npc goods to ah or vice versa. There is a common misconception that the best gil is in farming or that the most important asset to making money is having a high level job. This is not true, and in fact the truth is that at the moment, farmable items, including nm drops, are priced way too low due to excess competition. Unless you are a thf, having 100 fishing is much more profitable than having a 75 job. Having 80+ craft is the same. And you can scale this down as well: it's better to have 40 fishing or a 40 craft than a level 40 job.

Unfortunately, everyone has to start with farming. For this, the best place to start Zeruhn Mines in Bastok. Level a couple jobs 1-8 here going for bat wings, wind crystals, zinc ore, and zeruhn soot, and you'll have enough to buy pickaxes and start mining, conveniently at the same spot. Mining on nas is different than retail: there are less points and only one mining point is up at a time. Thus, the most efficient way to mine is in party each member standing on a node, but zeruhn mines is the one location small enough to be profitable alone as well. Mines in the most popular high level areas become available to whm and rdm at 25 when they can avoid the detection of monsters with the spells invisible and sneak. However, Gusgen Mines and Palborough Mines would also be great for low level parties, particularly if they craft the mined ores.

You'll also have enough to buy mats for these low level profit synths. Of course, you can farm the mats for some of these synths as well:

-Beeswax
-Animal Glue
-Cornstarch
-Sheep Leather
-Sheep Wool
-Bone Arrow
-Bolts (many different types, Bronze Bolts, Acid Bolts, Bloody Bolts, etc)
-Maple Sugar
-Bronze Ingot
-Copper Ingot
-Brass Ingot
-Silver Ingot
-Selbina Butter

This list is by no means exhaustive. You'll want to diversify as much as possible. There is only so many of one type of item you can sell in a day, and what items are the most profitable are constantly fluctuating according to changes in the market. Diversifying will also help in making your main craft more profitable by having the subcrafts necessary to make special items.

With a small amount of capital, you can also begin ferrying items from npcs to the auction house. They are many items which sell on the ah which you can find cheaper from NPCs, particularly crafting mats and low level equipment. Because delivery boxes don't work on nas and there is a limit on mules, it makes it all the more convenient to be able to buy needed items on the ah. Examples of this type of item are distilled water, windurstian tea leaves, carnations, arrowhead lumber, and kazham peppers. Although these arn't so profitable later, it's a decent way to make money starting out. A good tactic is when your buying mats for crafting from npc's, buy a little extra and throw them on the ah. In rare cases you can also buy items from the ah and sell to npc's. You'll have to watch ah closely to find these however, as they'll be immediately snapped up. A common example are bat wings, which can be quested for 1200 a stack if you are in sandy.

Fishing is also a great way for low level players to make money, but I'll let someone else explain.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:57 pm 

Hi - so I'm a new Red Mage (level 12) and I desperately need gil to buy equipment and spells before heading to Valkurm. I'm in Bastok and I've been farming up bat wings/powder from the mines/wind crystals/ore, and after reading this I'm gonna convert all the ore into ingots and sell those (thanks!). I was wondering, though - I read some people talk about psending their conquest points on equipment and selling it for ~10k on the AH. I've got 2k or so CP and I'm wondering what would be the best bang for my buck, since I want an Aspis, a Spatha, Bio, White Magic spells, and some leather pieces (in a perfect world) before I leave Bastok.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:41 pm 

As soon as anyone points out any specific items to sell on the auction house, the market for it will be smashed here due to all of the desperate people.

Just look at what's available to buy with your CP, how much it sells for ($ per CP), and how often it sells. You can do all of that research on the site here under the Auction House section by doing searches for the items.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:47 pm 

DongQuixote wrote:
Hi - so I'm a new Red Mage (level 12) and I desperately need gil to buy equipment and spells before heading to Valkurm. I'm in Bastok and I've been farming up bat wings/powder from the mines/wind crystals/ore, and after reading this I'm gonna convert all the ore into ingots and sell those (thanks!). I was wondering, though - I read some people talk about psending their conquest points on equipment and selling it for ~10k on the AH. I've got 2k or so CP and I'm wondering what would be the best bang for my buck, since I want an Aspis, a Spatha, Bio, White Magic spells, and some leather pieces (in a perfect world) before I leave Bastok.

The best CP values vary over time, you need to check the AH to see the current prices on them. Also look for which ones sell fast and which have a relatively low supply right now. I have had success with Legionnaires Staff at rank 1 though. If you’re getting 2:1 gil:CP or better, you’re doing good.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next