Lobby: Up
Online: 31
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:49 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:53 pm 

rori wrote:
Cilarnen wrote:
-Undercut, undercut, undercut!

Please don't. This just screws everyone over except the already established people. Show a little patience instead of tanking the prices of things.

undercutting is fine.. flooding the market and undercutting by 100s of gil is not okay

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:37 am 

Supply and demand boys.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:38 am 

If you get undercut that just means you didn't set the price low enough. :3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:05 am 

I recommend leveling melee jobs at the start solo till about 12-14 and sell everything you make to an NPC to buy starter gear and spells.

Easy jobs to lvl at the start are Mnk,war,thf then jump over to any other mage starter class once skills are lvled so you can hit mobs easier.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:53 am 

level all jobs to 12 and sell/quest the spoils

should net you more than enough to level a job a fair amount and get a composite rod

take that rod and level fishing 1-76

will net you a sustainable money source and a way to literally print gil

at this point is the divergence
you can continue being a fishpleb for the rest of your time here netting a lucky 40k an hour barely paying attention to anything
or
you can invest into y craft and make x amount of gil depending on how the market is today and how patient you are

if you're a NEET or think crafting sucks go ahead and network and camp big drops like simurgh and stuff but if you're that tier of player you don't need a post on the forums to give you an idea of what to do

i honest to god think a lot of new people make the stupid mistake of getting hung up on the big two (emp. hairpin and leaping boots) - unless you're leveling thief those items suck and are literally 250k+ crab sushis that don't give even close to as much of a benefit. if you are leveling thief first, you need to rethink your priorities or you don't need a guide to help you ascend to ffxi esports

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:04 am 

Here are some suggestions from a returning player:

1. Whatever city you're starting in you should prioritize leveling the 6 starting jobs to 12 and doing all of the quests for those starting jobs.
2. Start as war for the sword, but switch to thf> lvl thf to 12> buy dia and cure, lvl rdm to 12>lvl the rest of the jobs to 12 while emphasizing the necessary combat and magic skills for those jobs.
3. Never throw away anything. every single item that you get, save for rock salt, is either sellable on the ah, turned in for a repeatable quest, or sell to the NPC. Sell your crystals in stacks of 12, look up the quests that I have linked below, and find the quests that the items you're finding go to.
4. comments above notate crafting recipes that can leverage your starting gil quite effectively, do these.
5. once you hit lvl 12 with all jobs and do all of the quests (that don't require high level activities) in your starting town, I would recommend going to the other starting cities and doing their quests. Get the justice badge, blaze spikes, etc from windurst. Get the small sword, warp scroll, black silk neckerchief etc from Bastok. Get the friar's belt etc from San'doria. These will help you be geared appropriately for your future endeavours, and you can pick up the outpost warps and teleport key items while doing this.
6. at this point you can party in the dunes, I leveled the 5 starting jobs that I wanted to mess with at the same time, that may be more effort than you want to put in. when you hit 20 head to jeuno and pick up the gear for the push to 30. By this point you will have the items and gil to get gear for any/all classes w/out problems. I would recommend selling the blaze spikes scroll and the warp scroll (if you aren't lvling blm) and if you level the jobs that you're interested in at the same time you can sell the lower level gear.
7. Refer to the first post in this thread, At lvl 30 you are powerful enough to farm 20-30k per hour, use that to bankroll your leveling experience, spend your bcnms and excess time on ways of making large sums of gil, use that gil to level a craft and profit.

Bastok
https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Port_Bastok
https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Bastok_Markets
https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Bastok_Mines
Sandy
https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Port_San_d'Oria
https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/No ... n_d%27Oria
https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/So ... n_d%27Oria
Windy
https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Windurst_Woods
https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Windurst_Waters
https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Port_Windurst
https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Windurst_Walls

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:10 pm 

Buy items that can only be bought from NPC and sell them for more on the auction house. It is amazing gil per hour if you buy in bulk and list it all at once, but it trickles in slowly as sales come in. It’s not something you can grind on hour after hour but it is kind of like an allowance or paycheck that keeps coming in steadily as long as you restock regularly.

White magic, black magic, ninja and bard scrolls are a good place to start, but there are tons of crafting materials that fit the bill as well. You have to do a little research; if an item drops from a monster it is not something that is worthwhile to buy from NPC and sell on the auction house. The supply is just too big and the price has been hammered into the ground.

Off the top my head here are some examples of things you can sell in this manner: arrows, fishing bait, flowers from Jeuno, scrolls, meat jerky, distilled water, rocksalt, ginger cookies, and various crafting supplies.

if you check the history on these items and see someone’s name appearing over and over again, this is what they’re doing. Look up their character name and see what other stuff they’re selling to get more ideas for items to do this with.

If you get into this, you have to undercut like a motherfucker. Don’t worry about people catching you out because the type of person who buys from the auction house instead of NPC typically is not trying to lowball their auction house bids. 95% of the time they will just build whatever the previous sale went for. my rule of thumb was that above 10,000 kill undercut by 999. From 3000 to 10,000 gil undercut by 499 and below 3000 undercut by 99 or 199. Ex: sale price of 12000 then list for 11001. sale price of 5000 then list for 4501. sale price of 2000 then list for 1901 or 1801. you will have to adjust to try to beat your competition.

Max out your fame for lower NPC prices, it pays off fast. Do as many gobbiebags as you can afford, it will save you a lot of time on additional trips to NPCs. Level up BLM and/or THF for Warp and Flee. It will save you tons of time as you run around restocking. I like to use BLM/THF at 50+ to make use of both. THF/BLM at 34+ could also work if you have MP gear.

Finally, if you fill up all your inventories with stuff to list on the auction house you can go way past the 100 item limit as long as you don’t zone and just list it all in one sitting without logging or zoning.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:09 pm 

Concepcion wrote:
Max out your fame for lower NPC prices, it pays off fast. Do as many gobbiebags as you can afford, it will save you a lot of time on additional trips to NPCs. Level up BLM and/or THF for Warp and Flee. It will save you tons of time as you run around restocking. I like to use BLM/THF at 50+ to make use of both. THF/BLM at 34+ could also work if you have MP gear.

Hold up, does fame actually affect NPC buy/sell prices? I was told when I started that it didn't work here and I don't recall seeing anything that this was fixed. My fame has long been maxed out, I just never paid attention because I didn't think it was a thing here. It'd be nice to know if I've been getting a discount/bumped sale price all this time, lol.

BST75 BRD46 RNG12 SAM71
NIN37 DRG60 SMN70 BLU15
DRK0 PUP0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:41 pm 

Doing RSE, Warp, Teleport, Aspir, Sleepga II, Ninjutsu and similar quests nets enough money to not have to do most of that grindy stuff for 100s or a few thousand gil.

DEFINITELY dualbox so you can double the income for this stuff then permanently put a pickaxe or fishing rod in your alt's hand for a couple months while you play your main and you'll have millions to gear both up.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:45 pm 

+1 to mining or fishing on alt. Being able to have a constant income while doing other things, its just so broken it's funny. There's no reason not to do it. Even if it's not a char you plan to play/level. Just using it to collect something. Worth the effort.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next