Lobby: Up
Online: 48
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 2139 Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:31 pm 

There's certainly more to the regen than spamming the elemental spells and killing enough of JoL's sharks, that is the piece Jacky is alluding to that isn't widely known.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:59 pm 

Wolffhardt wrote:
There's certainly more to the regen than spamming the elemental spells and killing enough of JoL's sharks, that is the piece Jacky is alluding to that isn't widely known.

Interesting, can't say I've ever heard of additional mechanics aside that one, and I've done a fair share of AV attempts back in the day as well as killed it post 80cap. I might question the legitmacy of such a mechanic ever actually existing unless the blog in question was Kannican

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:00 pm 

Private classic server players: Modern retail sucks! I want a 75 cap server that most accurately captures the game experience I had between launch and ToAU!

Also private classic server players: I am totally okay with the 75 cap server not accurately capturing the game experience I had between launch and ToAU so long as I benefit directly :)

Unless the '75 cap experience' you're explicitly looking for is exploiting stuff you could never kill legitimately on retail OR buying things you otherwise never would've/could've obtained legitimately from exploiters killing stuff they never would have killed legitimately on retail, deleting something like hachi body shouldn't be all that bothersome. 99.9% of you never had it on retail for a reason: it was nearly impossible to obtain.

If you still want your ezmode hachi bodies and whatever, perhaps a true classic 75 experience isn't actually what you're after? Maybe you played for years and never got that defending ring, or aegis, or ninurta sash or whatever you felt like you deserved and private servers are a way for you to finally realize that dream, even illegitimately?

Honestly if what you really want is just to be the extra-OP version of whatever you were in classic retail, without the same work or challenge as classic retail, I can think of a few private servers that cater to exactly that aim. I just wasn't aware Nasomi was trying to be one of them.

If you want the truest classic experience, then shouldn't you expect to work for actual years toward building your character and still having it feel incomplete in the end? If you want pure power fantasy/wish fulfillment, shouldn't you be looking for servers that better facilitate that to begin with? Nasomi always seemed to me like it was trying to be as close to the original experience as possible while still affording a few minor QoL tweaks to work around stuff that was broken, at least for as long as the stuff was broken. Or am I crazy?

If you're gonna ragequit over having an epeen item deleted that you never actually even had in 2006 to begin with, and didn't obtain the same way you would've had to in 2006, my guess would be that your interests aren't quite in line with recapturing that classic 75 era feel after all. Granted, the number of relics on the server seems pretty high, proportionally, compared to era retail... but it still takes some grinding, yeah? And we certainly know a lot more about playing the game efficiently than we did back when we were scouring Killing Ifrit and Allakhazam for info. So axing relics seems like a bad move.

But full belly laugh @ your hachi bodies and ninurtas sashes. That shit was not even a thing and you're not fooling anybody that was actually neck-deep in the grind in CoP and ToAU retail.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:20 pm 

Nathano wrote:
I wish I could have found the thread yesterday talking about a similar topic but I cannot. So I’ll say it here. While many of these “elitist” players that are defending their relic, av, and crafting levels when it was in ez mode and claiming they got an easy pass because they had leverage and we don’t and is why we will lose our items without compensation, thanks to Wolff for putting it bluntly, Nas considering to handle it in a more fair way shows how the growing new endgame community has agency to be heard from Nas. I feel, with the upmost honesty that it really isn’t anyone’s fault honestly, is that Nas listens to Nabu and some of the other players mode because they have been here longer and he built relations with them. Nabu and some of the older players may fire back claiming what ever they will, but Nabu in an earlier thread said he was going to have a talk with him about the teleports in the cities.

Now do I fault this relationship from being established? No and it was bound to happen. But for Nas to change his method of approach shows that he cares about the new player base. Many of the haters here that want to talk down to the community who rightfully complained, cannot ignore the fact that Nas compromised with us. We matter too and perhaps one day, rather than learning from you, you’d learn from the new player base that has a differing view on some things. Or even, and perhaps better for all, we learn from each other.

Those that are upset; I feel you but let’s look at what we won a few days ago. We won the argument that Nas was paying attention, though I thank Nabu for assuring us this fact. Aside from Nabu, everyone else said he didn’t care nor should he. This is a win against them and it’s a win for fairness. I can see the hate coming to me. But at the end of the day, the poll spoke for this message, the supporters of what I advocated for gave this argument its voice. And Nas listened. What more can we ask for? So I ask those who were complaining, to look at the things we won and rejoice rather than push the issue further.

You're an idiot.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:09 pm 

It’s funny when I log in and many people tell me I did good, or the people who talk to me in disc thanking me for what I did. It’s funny how most of TS is against what I said. But tell that to the sample size of 150+ with 53% being in favor and is big enough to be stratified to be statistically significant. I’m happy a compromise was struck. That’s all I’m happy about. If I recall correctly, Gov didn’t even want the poll to be conducted and many within TS threw a big fit over it. We got our voice heard and it is recognized. Call me stupid, but all that matters is our concerns were validated enough to soften the blow. Nothing more to say about it. Now grow up, this matter is settled. Let us focus as coming together.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:19 pm 

Nathano wrote:
It’s funny when I log in and many people tell me I did good, or the people who talk to me in disc thanking me for what I did. It’s funny how most of TS is against what I said. But tell that to the sample size of 150+ with 53% being in favor and is big enough to be stratified to be statistically significant. I’m happy a compromise was struck. That’s all I’m happy about. If I recall correctly, Gov didn’t even want the poll to be conducted and many within TS threw a big fit over it. We got our voice heard and it is recognized. Call me stupid, but all that matters is our concerns were validated enough to soften the blow. Nothing more to say about it. Now grow up, this matter is settled. Let us focus as coming together.

I must have missed that "big fit" in my linkshell. Your argument is valid and I understand where you're coming from. If you actually read my post you'd know that most older players can identify with you because we went through the Gilocaust, among other things. We know what it is like to have things taken away in the short-term.You fail to understand the bigger picture, and that is why your arguments lack substance and you are getting so much negative feedback.

https://www.topshelf.team/
2017 TS Fantasy Football Champion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:28 pm 

Fid wrote:
Nathano wrote:

I must have missed that "big fit" in my linkshell. Your argument is valid and I understand where you're coming from. If you actually read my post you'd know that most older players can identify with you because we went through the Gilocaust, among other things. We know what it is like to have things taken away in the short-term.You fail to understand the bigger picture, and that is why your arguments lack substance and you are getting so much negative feedback.

I’m glad you are empathetic. I have always said I don’t mind something being removed if there is some sort of compensation given. And I am glad that you understand. I’m not faulting you. But many like Gov, Aero, and several others have either /tell me saying rude things or bashing me and other for voicing any concern—which isn’t the way how you handle your opposition—in irc. It should be constructive. Now understand I made a complete reply about the difference between Gil and gear being taken away earlier and in great detail due to the nature how Gil is created all the time and items are more scares with little checks to remove Gil in the game itself. I understand and I agree it’s frustrating. I was fighting simply for there to be a compromise. And it was done. I have nothing to say about it. I’m not saying we should have more. I’m happy with the result. It’s not perfect but it’s the best he can do.

So rather next time saying I don’t understand the point, perhaps it would be prudent for Critics of what I said to read that post and point it’s flaws? I have not seen one post critiquing it at all. And we can disagree that’s fine, but I wouldn’t make it personal and handle it the way it has been.

Last edited by Nathano on Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:37 pm 

Nathano you spammed naschat with all caps cursing people out.

You were anything but constructive. You took no part in convincing nas that you deserve some compensation. The rest of us who said we were sad to see it go but knew it needed to be done, and that it's harsh on the people losing items, were the ones to get him to give you at least -something-.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:41 pm 

Nabutso wrote:
Nathano you spammed naschat with all caps cursing people out.

You were anything but constructive. You took no part in convincing nas that you deserve some compensation. The rest of us who said we were sad to see it go but knew it needed to be done, and that it's harsh on the people losing items, were the ones to get him to give you at least -something-.

Let me ask you this; wasn’t it myself who made the suggestion for you to put the poll on the forum when you wanted me to do it? Weren’t others agreeing with me before then? Yeah I am not the first person to suggest the discussion in itself and I myself won’t take credit—it would be wrong of me to do so. But it was the conjoined effort of everyone. Sure I took it hard at first and didn’t I apologize later on? I think I did. But what did you do? You bashed me in irc and acting like it’s justified. No that isn’t how you handle your player base. I understand you help people for free, but there’s other ways to handle that frustration than take down to someone.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:48 pm 

I even think I remember Nabu saying they should be taken away without showing any sympathy at all and basically saying tough luck. That’s why I got upset. I’m a passionate person who cares about others. I really do. I may have taken it overboard and I apologized in naschat after a thread was created. I just can’t see others take a hit like they did. But the point of everyone got it to this point. And I’m happy with the results.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 2139 Next