Lobby: Up
Online: 37
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:39 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:23 am 

I imagine the linked auction houses were originally intended to stimulate the economy in the early days of the server. There may now or soon be enough players to replicate the "era" experience of separate auction houses for each nation. Is the goal to replicate "era" as closely as possible or is it to create something reminiscent of era but "better"?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:51 am 

Tauu wrote:
Is the goal to replicate "era" as closely as possible or is it to create something reminiscent of era but "better"?

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:34 am 

I guess I really don't see the appeal of Jeuno as a hub. To me it feels much nicer now to be have all the starting cities remain active.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:11 pm 

Tweed4all wrote:
Jeuno as main hub? Unless you put op warp npcs there or split up the auction houses, that just isnt going to happen. Right now this is just a major inconvenience... Maybe turn back on the npcs in citys til you know how youre gonna get us to want to be in jeuno? 10 minutes to run to this npc to do these missions is not fun.

Exactly what he said.. the ONLY thing he needs to do is put an OP NPC in jeuno and about 80% of the population would set their HP to jeuno. Right now I keep it to bastok because I can get anywhere very quickly aside of whitegate which isn't a priority.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:38 pm 

What about making a hub of Whitegate? It has an Auction House, a free port to somewhere around Jeuno, and a paying port (1 silver piece) to each nation's OP warp dude.

The area is rather large and divided into squares to spread the population, instead of annoying long-ass corridors (Jeuno).

That does sound really convenient. You can either pay your silver piece or go to Jeuno and wait on an airship, or whatever.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:36 pm 

Piellar wrote:
What about making a hub of Whitegate? It has an Auction House, a free port to somewhere around Jeuno, and a paying port (1 silver piece) to each nation's OP warp dude.

The area is rather large and divided into squares to spread the population, instead of annoying long-ass corridors (Jeuno).

That does sound really convenient. You can either pay your silver piece or go to Jeuno and wait on an airship, or whatever.

Problem with that, I feel, is that the game will feel empty for everyone below lvl50 which is the majority of the population, if Whitegate is the hub. They won't even be able to visit Whitegate at all until they're in the 50s and get access since there's nothing to do there pre-50s I like the idea of having the starter cities be active to a certain point to help create an environment that's welcoming and engaging for new players. Where they can see activity and also get teleports. One of the first things that drew me into Nasomi when I started was the "Wow! This server is packed!" feeling that made me want to progress and discover more about the community playing it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:39 pm 

mello wrote:
Problem with that, I feel, is that the game will feel empty for everyone below lvl50 which is the majority of the population, if Whitegate is the hub. They won't even be able to visit Whitegate at all until they're in the 50s and get access since there's nothing to do there pre-50s I like the idea of having the starter cities be active to a certain point to help create an environment that's welcoming and engaging for new players. Where they can see activity and also get teleports. One of the first things that drew me into Nasomi when I started was the "Wow! This server is packed!" feeling that made me want to progress and discover more about the community playing it.

That's a good point, I love that Bastok Mines is full of busy people crafting, peddling wares and making groups. Maybe the current situation is for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:52 pm 

Naimah wrote:
There won't be a jeuno hub without separate AHs.

How many more times?

One more, please. For a friend.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:00 pm 

Aperture wrote:
Naimah wrote:

How many more times?

One more, please. For a friend.

I'm not saying this as a solution or the only reason that made Jeuno the main hub in the old days. I think the 3 warps should be restored and Kaiduru-Haiduru fully activated with Ru'lude Gardens & home city warp, also leave the free al zahbi > almost jeuno warp. That will allow players the opportunity to idle in the place of their choice at some cost and have all these zones populated.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:09 pm 

If Jeuno hub is the desired result there are actions you can take. At the moment Jeuno is a drag to get to, as you have to OP to qufim, and Jeuno has no way to get to other places aside from choco and airship.

Two actions that would help jeuno be a hub and still help the playerbase would be

OP warp npc in ru lude gardens (at consulate).

Aht urgan warp in port jeuno.

This allows for Jeuno to offer more ways to get to places, and divides the pop up into multiple zones, this would help prevent major congestion.
Major close AH is still lower, rulude doesnt usually have much traffic, and port could use a boost.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next