Lobby: Up
Online: 36
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:26 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:37 pm 

So wait - Is there currently a way to warp from Whitegate back to home nation? Or just to warp from Whitegate to around Jeuno?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:56 pm 

The taru that would warp you to your home nation for an imperial silver piece is currently inactive. Unsure if the taru in Al Zahbi (to near Jeuno) still works.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:24 pm 

I get that part of this game's charm is the difficulty but I don't think travelling needs to be part of that. It's not like we didn't have to do quests to unlock the whitegate warp person/OP quests, etc. We still have to work a bit for all of those conveniences.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:56 pm 

Why not just enable to the ability to warp to hometown using a silver piece from Aht Urahn, like retail?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:07 am 

CynicaGaming wrote:
Why not just enable to the ability to warp to hometown using a silver piece from Aht Urahn, like retail?

"enable" aka introduce in phase 2: NPCs and Quests, you mean?

Of course that's gonna happen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:08 am 

Nabutso wrote:
CynicaGaming wrote:

"enable" aka introduce in phase 2: NPCs and Quests, you mean?

Of course that's gonna happen

Good. I just really wish Nas wouldn't take features away before enabling their fix, personally.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:28 am 

no cities warp is just a small amount of pain compared to the BST nerf... waaahahahhaaaa hahaha! I mean... um... yeah warp sucks.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:09 am 

Nabutso wrote:
I plan on talking to nas about what best to do about the warps while still meeting nas's want for making Jeuno the hub.

The removal is intended.

My suggestion was to place OP warps in Lower Jeuno near the Auction house, however, there is reason to believe that it would be too easy to get around if this was done.

The only difference between Jeuno in retail and Jeuno here that I'm aware of is the linked auction houses. If he wanted Jeuno to be a hub that desperately - unlink them. Boom, hub city status acquired. That said...as frequently as Bastok mines crashes, why on earth would he want Lower Jeuno to be packed with 3x as many players as any starting city zone? I feel like he's got quite a way to go before the server is stable enough for the 24/7 stress-test a 3-nation hub city would become.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:51 pm 

Armaddon wrote:
In the meantime, something that might help some folks out: The Olduum Ring quest/item works, even if the Chocobo NPC at the leypoint doesn't work:

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Olduum

It's a 20-hour cooldown and level 60 item, so it's not a total panacea, but it certainly helps (and the quest is pretty easy - go ahead and knock out the BLU flag quest in that room at the same time if you haven't already).

This is a fantastic point! While it won't eliminate the need for an OP warp in WG or city warp fix, it does provide a small work around for the time being. Thanks, I totally forgot about this quest and item!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:13 am 

/facepalm , just did the quest , ugh talking to every npc >< , only to notice the npc doesnt work ; ; , hope Nas let wildcats npc work later on , otherwise what a pain in the rear is to traveling to ToAU

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next