Lobby: Up
Online: 57
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 69 Next
 Post subject: Re: Bst nerfs
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:56 pm 

cyber857 wrote:
lockecole777 wrote:
Ralphie wrote:
Well glad I put 40 merits and alot of time into this class so it could be turned into trash,thanks

If by trash you mean retail accurate (its actually probably still better) then I fail to see the problem. You knowingly leveled a broken overpowered class in order to reap its benefits. Why would you expect anything else than for said job to eventually be brought back down to retail standards.

Can't wait for them to remove Iridal Staff and Chatoyant staffs so we go back to retail accurate and damn those people that used them for over two years when they knew they were broken and over powered and out of era!

I mean that's how its meant to be on Nasomi! Oh yeah all those relics people have from back in the day with unlimited farming thankfully those were reset because that was broken and unfair right?? Or the gil they made from the AH exploit where a single item was returned in a stack.

Here is the truth. Now (intended or not, Era or not) a 0 BA merited 75 beast master has 0 difference in stats, play, skills, etc than a 5/5 merited BA bst. Thats 220k exp for a thing that makes no change at all in the game. Further more an bst has 0 Roles in end game. There is no role in sky, sea, dynamis, that a fully merited bst can now do better than a half merited-other job. (excepting pup, which is somehow more broken than bst.)

Let's get rid of ammochi, staves, blm food, I mean the point is make it retail right? Put those passwords back in Castle OJ, put the tax back in lower jeuno, AH @ 7 slots.

OR you know keep those changes because they make life a lot better even if they were "not intended" or "out of era."

The change as it stand to Beast Affinity, means beastmaster has no role end game now. None. We can go do the "Cool stuff" only if we take a different job or there is a leech spot and others carry us.

Except iridal/chat didn't bleed into the system with 0 second respawn timers. And relic's aren't tradable, who got them, got them, and they were still quite a bit of work. Kill znm's and get drops, and they just respawn instantly, with tradable gear. Relic's can't be passed on, if the player leaves, the relic leaves with them.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:57 pm 

Juront you want fair accurate game then you can leave Bufazufa and Brotatochip out of game. And charm your Wyverns.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:58 pm 

Lets see, pre 75 i can solo T to VT as bst with jugs. Post 75 with BA 5/5 i need a wyvern or a marlboros to fight EM or T. Yep bst is OP lets nerf it more

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:59 pm 

Holdenknight wrote:
Lets see, pre 75 i can solo T to VT as bst with jugs. Post 75 with BA 5/5 i need a wyvern or a marlboros to fight EM or T. Yep bst is OP lets nerf it more

I don't know what gear you are using, but I just solo'd a T.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:05 pm 

Tomberi wrote:
BUT he should add snarl and pet healing when on "stay" to be retail-like :?

thats true

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:06 pm 

Holdenknight wrote:

Cut the whining, I soloed shikigami weapon as bst after the nerf with... yeah, jugs.
You can't AFK while soloing, and things like Jailors,Limbus and Gods can't be soloed now, but that's about it.
Level up some other job and you'll find yourself coming back to bst to solo stuff period.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:15 pm 

Tomberi wrote:
Holdenknight wrote:

Cut the whining, I soloed shikigami weapon as bst after the nerf with... yeah, jugs.
You can't AFK while soloing, and things like Jailors,Limbus and Gods can't be soloed now, but that's about it.
Level up some other job and you'll find yourself coming back to bst to solo stuff period.

yeah shame that's my first job that going to be lvl 75 and be virtually useless.
so you say bst is best at soloing shikigami? I see I wouldn't mind if it was though :P atleast there was something a clear role that bst could do

bst probably can solo mandies in the entrance of windy too. does it mean anything? no. bst lover want bst to be as usefull of every other job and that's it. nothing more nothing less.

bst can't be improved beyond lvl 75 with best equipment when half of your dps is from pets your still a bst that rely on his pet that his damage can't be improved by anything except foods. even square released lots of bst equipments since they saw their error lol

it's interesting though that people just talk about OP bst and don't care about under powered bst.
if you understand one day that bst is "too weak" would you come here and say let's make bst better?

Last edited by meisam on Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:18 pm 

Tomberi wrote:
Holdenknight wrote:

Read the entire thread before you quote someone. If you want 'era accurate' then it is not just bsts that needed fix. Otherwise dont state that this is 2005 FFXI era

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:23 pm 

You will never find this server to be era accurate to retail at the time. Saying something isn't retail accurate and should be rolled back may as well be saying roll me back to level 1.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:30 pm 

meisam wrote:
bst can't be improved beyond lvl 75 with best equipment when half of your dps is from pets your still a bst that rely on his pet that his damage can't be improved by anything except foods. even square released lots of bst equipments since they saw their error lol

it's interesting though that people just talk about OP bst and don't care about under powered bst.
if you understand one day that bst is "too weak" would you come here and say let's make bst better?

You leveled up bst because it was broken, if you have fun with the job you'll keep on playing it.
Bst is quite dependant of gear, in fact you'll want tp,ws,charm and reward sets to be competent.
I want to see your point of how bst is "too weak", but looking at jobs like mnk, lolpup or most jobs are I think it's far from the truth

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 69 Next