Lobby: Up
Online: 33
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:06 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next
 Post subject: Re: PW gear buyback
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:54 am 

ChaseandFreeze wrote:
I'll just completely clear this up.

Would people rather have ToaU exp camps + missions w/ the possibility of Assault and Salvage in the future OR PW gear (which the people who hate the idea didn't kill PW) + ZNM gear (which you'll get again with a group of friends)? Easy decision.

I have no clue what makes you think is actually the decision that exists, lol

Just to be clear: i gave up, I don’t actually care. I’d choose the obvious option in your query, thats just not remotely close to the actual options.

Last edited by Wolffhardt on Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:56 am 

Wolffhardt wrote:
ChaseandFreeze wrote:

Would people rather have ToaU exp camps + missions w/ the possibility of Assault and Salvage in the future OR PW gear (which the people who hate the idea didn't kill PW) + ZNM gear (which you'll get again with a group of friends)? Easy decision.

I'm up for an hour. We can have a discussion.

https://topshelf.team/recruitment/
TS Fantasy Football Champion 2019

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:56 am 

ChaseandFreeze wrote:
Wolffhardt wrote:
ChaseandFreeze wrote:

I'm up for an hour. We can have a discussion.

Like... right here, or you want me to call you man?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:57 am 

New phone, who dis? What are your thoughts on the matter?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:03 am 

I think it’s disingeuous for vets to argue that PW gear should be removed because it was obtained by people knowing that the fight wasn’t retail accurate, and that the entire punishment is placed upon people that own the gear instead of those that actually fought the broken fight an d sold it.

That being said, Nathano was legit so stupid earlier that I actually don’t care. I didnt buy my shit, and I’ll just get it back obviously. It doesn’t really impact me much.

My concern is two-fold:

1. The onus is now on LS determining randomly if a fight is retail accurate to decide whether they should even bother with content because Nas has the communication skills of a mute 3 year old, and he also isn’t just going to remove loot tables or break mobs he doesn’t want us to kill. Heninstead arbitrarily decides when he’s had enough, and pretends like he’s suddenly finding out that every 75 SAM on the server having Hachi and Nana shouldnt have told him PW was easily being killed.

2. The odds that PW is correctly coded to be retail accurate, when it was a really a challenging and complex fight, and Nas is notably not considered an amazing coder? Basically nil. So.. does he remove all the gear again? Does he add it back when he thinks it’s fixed, and then we all get our gear before he realizes it’s not again... does he delete everything a second time? Same question for basically every other ToAU mob in the game.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:11 am 

Well, maybe I am the bitter one. I am just too disappointed.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:16 am 

Lithorn2 wrote:
Well, maybe I am the bitter one. I am just too disappointed.

Don't be bud- there's really no reason for it. All in all this server is an amazing place for us to hang out and really enjoy a game that would otherwise be lost to us. It's a crappy situation, but it's a bump in the road in the grand scheme of things and I think Nas's decision is a compromise that everyone will be able to live with. Let's try to look forward- it's an exciting time to play on Nasomi!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:19 am 

1. I'm with you on #2 about the retail fight. Would be a really fun and long fight.

2. This isn't retail. This is Nasomi. Players who have been loyal have seen EVERY nerf possible and are still around. This dude just released ToaU exp, that's unreal!

3. More Hachi Body + Nana SAMs are wearing NQ snipers, spike necklaces, voyager sallets, beetle earrings, NQ Amemet, etc. than BiS gear. That doesn't seem right, does it? My eyes bleed.

4. Re-read #3 for clarity.

5. MNK is by far the biggest job hurting from this being removed. NIN, SAM, RNG shouldn't even lose sleep. I guess they will if they're wearing the gear I listed above.

6. The server is about to grow by 1k more players AT LEAST. In 2016, Gilocaust with 500 active players people stuck around. If people quit over this easy decision, you'll see more Valkurm Dunes complaints of not enough camps. Good riddance, snowflakes.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:27 am 

Some of you are clearly ignorant on what the state of the server was like back in its infancy. Allow me to enlighten you.

NOTHING WORKED PROPERLY!

All the Kings were broken and not properly coded (King Behemoth didn't even cast Meteor for the longest time). Same with the Sky gods. Bind was hecking OP as shit and lasted forever and a day. King Arthro was spawning like every 10 to 15 minutes instead of daily. Cactrot Rapido would stand there and take it straight to the face and never fight back. Dynamis mobs were all a complete joke with severely low stats compared to where they should have been. Dynamis was free to enter for the longest time. There wasn't a single high level NM, HNM or endgame event that was properly working and people were stuck. The fixes to all of those things came in time but instead of waiting the literal YEARS it took to fix some of it, what small population that was around decided to press on and have fun doing them anyways.

This is not the first time people have been outraged by a change either:

King pop items were removed. ("Oh my god! How could you?!")
Fields of Valor books removed. ("That's not fair! Now I have to party!")
Out-of-era abilities removed. ("NO! NOT COMPOSURE!")
Dynamis buffed and fee added. ("It's not fair that they get easy relics and we don't!")
Nasboat/Nascircuit added and removed. ("THIS ISN'T ERA ACCURATE BUT NOW I GOTTA WALK?!")
King claiming altered to aggro random person. ("Great, now my bot doesn't work anymore!")
Gilocaust. (Seriously, heck the assholes in Nashmau for costing me 35M)
...and more I'm surely forgetting.

This is just another item in the long list of things people got pissed off about on the server. The point is, if it upsets you that people who played long before you did got an advantage over you, you may as well quit now. Most of the older players from 2015 and back had a lot of advantages and the further back you go, the more advantages they had. No one's gear or wealth should have any bearing on how you play the game.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:37 am 

ChaseandFreeze wrote:
1. I'm with you on #2 about the retail fight. Would be a really fun and long fight.

2. This isn't retail. This is Nasomi. Players who have been loyal have seen EVERY nerf possible and are still around. This dude just released ToaU exp, that's unreal!

3. More Hachi Body + Nana SAMs are wearing NQ snipers, spike necklaces, voyager sallets, beetle earrings, NQ Amemet, etc. than BiS gear. That doesn't seem right, does it? My eyes bleed.

4. Re-read #3 for clarity.

5. MNK is by far the biggest job hurting from this being removed. NIN, SAM, RNG shouldn't even lose sleep. I guess they will if they're wearing the gear I listed above.

6. The server is about to grow by 1k more players AT LEAST. In 2016, Gilocaust with 500 active players people stuck around. If people quit over this easy decision, you'll see more Valkurm Dunes complaints of not enough camps. Good riddance, snowflakes.

That just doesn’t really speak to my two concerns all that much, man. I’m also not someone mad and shitposting about taking shit away..

The things I listed for my concerns, I haven’t heard anyone adequately explain why those shouldn’t be concerns.

Your #3 I agree with, and why I don’t understand how Nas can say he just learned about the state of PW lol

Last edited by Wolffhardt on Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next