Lobby: Up
Online: 82
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:18 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: PW gear buyback
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:10 pm 

It just goes round and around, it’s fun reading but I can’t even tell whose arguing what now. Well I’m one of those people who owns a Hachiryu, yeh I was pissed, and no I never fought PW but that doesn’t mean I’m noob, just I only got my first melee 75 this week.... thf lol. The thing is, I’m sure you all had great adventures fighting him, but with the body falling towards 2m and the grt katana under 1m, then maybe that’s the clue that something.... isn’t quite right. No one seems to want to address the impact of the gear remaining.

My story is worse, just days ago after the initial announcement I panicked, I sold all non essential gear and with people suddenly reluctant to sell I made a deal well over 3m the night before, yet knew I would now be sitting on a 10m plus item and was feeling pretty happy with myself ... yeh. So the next day this... I’m hurting, but strangely enough take solace in knowing that a beak necklace+1 won’t cost me a mil anymore (lol) and with thf75 and 100 fishing on my alt its no less time consuming refarming than 1m I farmed for Utsusemi:Ni close to a year ago just before bcnm were fixed.

If I get 2m back I’ll be happy, 1m im probably just grateful, under 1m barely worth the anxiety.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:36 pm 

Oddin wrote:
Wolffhardt wrote:
Oddin wrote:

Your second concern shouldn't be a concern moving from this point forward. Nasomi has shut him down I'm sure and PW will not be back until Nasomi is satisfied with the results of many tests that will be conducted on it in the meantime.

As for your first concern, welcome to our world (meaning the older players who had to play through the minefield that was all the broken content of yesteryear). I'd say anything that has to do with what was announced as being worked on (ZNM, Assault, Nyzul Isle) won't be a problem when it is released. As I stated above, Nasomi will undoubtedly test and retest everything before opening it up to the masses to then be further tested like he did with BCNMs and some of the HNMs before. As for the random ToAU NMs, I would say you should check with Nasomi and see if any you're interested in have been looked at/worked on and if not, proceed to camp and kill the NMs and then report your findings directly to Nasomi. The more information he has, the better off everyone else will be.

I don't understand why you think now, in December of 2018, you suddenly believe in Nasomi's ability to actually test things.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean welcome to your world. He's never taken anything away from anyone because of broken content, besides the gil the one time. Your final two sentences literally made me laugh out loud.

Because I've been here long enough and I've seen how the server was and how it is now. I've seen the multitude of fixes he has implemented. Hell, even the custom things he has added such as White Coney and OWNMs. When he actually does work on something, he doesn't release it haphazardly. He will make sure it meets his standards and then release it.

And yes, he has taken things away from people before. Vbelts were taken away from a lot of people after KA broke one day and started instantly respawning. Another example would be the Experience Rings after SE super buffed them. Instead of reverting them back to their old values, he just blocked them and only allows them for special occasions now.

He spent quite a bit of time working on a custom claim system that when he implemented didn’t allow most parties to actually claim mobs.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:20 pm 

Viktoriya wrote:
I just love how people continue to ignore that some of us had to learn how to fight Nasomi's iteration of PW without knowing much about the mob and our items are also being taken away at the same time. Like I said before on another thread, the group of people I first killed PW with, only 2 other groups were doing it at the time(Yes and Alpha). Nobody told us anything other than the pull was "tricky" and said nothing else. I said in the LS I was in at the time, "Lets go do something stupid and go fight PW tonight." We went in, figured out how to pull it, fought and killed it. The fight was about what you would expect from an inexperienced group, sloppy, quite a few deaths, but ultimately pulled it out in the end. We didn't go in there with bsts either.

People act like you just zoned into the zone and had PW items falling from the sky. That fight was still a semi tough fight for any inexperienced group. I hate how people are only looking at it from a transaction standpoint and ignoring the fact that many groups had to go learn the fight and actually kill it. Not every group just bst burned PW. Sure, the mob wasn't retail strength and coded properly but my group earned the gear and find ourselves in the same boat as everyone else.

When the difficult portion of a fight is how to cheese the fight and pull it correctly, then it's not a difficult fight just because your group made it look hard.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:37 pm 

Have you fought PW?

It had many quirks and dangerous elements beyond pulling it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:57 pm 

Wolffhardt wrote:
Have you fought PW?

It had many quirks and dangerous elements beyond pulling it.

Its been 4 manned, its a joke.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:49 am 

Not by non-BSTs it hasn’t, but I assume that’s a no to the question

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:36 am 

Wolffhardt wrote:
1. The onus is now on LS determining randomly if a fight is retail accurate to decide whether they should even bother with content because Nas has the communication skills of a mute 3 year old, and he also isn’t just going to remove loot tables or break mobs he doesn’t want us to kill. Heninstead arbitrarily decides when he’s had enough, and pretends like he’s suddenly finding out that every 75 SAM on the server having Hachi and Nana shouldnt have told him PW was easily being killed.

2. The odds that PW is correctly coded to be retail accurate, when it was a really a challenging and complex fight, and Nas is notably not considered an amazing coder? Basically nil. So.. does he remove all the gear again? Does he add it back when he thinks it’s fixed, and then we all get our gear before he realizes it’s not again... does he delete everything a second time? Same question for basically every other ToAU mob in the game.

I had this thought earlier. Would we even have bothered if we knew the stuff would vanish some day? Plenty of things don't work as intended here. What's the threshold for that decision? Removing the loot table entirely is the best option and saves us from guessing.