Lobby: Up
Online: 65
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 58 Next
 Post subject: Re: PW gear buyback
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:51 am 

Syphur wrote:
Hamster wrote:
Please make the buyback npc the blackbelt npc.

Dear god please no...

dam that seem like a great idea, that npc must be very easy to code

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:55 am 

Avellion wrote:
So many new people to the server, like myself, and all these people who've been here for a while bitching about something half of us have no idea anything about. Anyone able to give me a quick rundown?

Also, I'd like to add, this is all free. Like, you're paying nothing but your own time for it. I know this might rub some people the wrong way, but seriously if you aren't here playing a PRIVATE SERVER with the expectation it could all but shut down in the blink of an eye in the back of your head, you're in too deep. Just my humble opinion, though.

Oh yeah don't worry about it, a bunch of endgame vets knowingly exploited some endgame content, tried feinting ignorance didn't work, and are now reduced to crying on the forums about having their exploited paraphernalia gear confiscated. Which imo is just a slap on the wrist they should banned since its not even their first time pulling this shit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:01 am 

Ariel wrote:
Avellion wrote:
So many new people to the server, like myself, and all these people who've been here for a while bitching about something half of us have no idea anything about. Anyone able to give me a quick rundown?

Also, I'd like to add, this is all free. Like, you're paying nothing but your own time for it. I know this might rub some people the wrong way, but seriously if you aren't here playing a PRIVATE SERVER with the expectation it could all but shut down in the blink of an eye in the back of your head, you're in too deep. Just my humble opinion, though.

Oh yeah don't worry about it, a bunch of endgame vets knowingly exploited some endgame content, tried feinting ignorance didn't work, and are now reduced to crying on the forums about having their exploited paraphernalia gear confiscated. Which imo is just a slap on the wrist they should banned since its not even their first time pulling this shit.

I'm genuinely curious what it's like seeing the inside of ones' own anus.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:03 am 

Avellion wrote:

The "It's free so you can't complain!" argument is tired and doesn't really hold up anymore. Everyone here is passionate about the classic FFXI hobby or they wouldn't be here.

For better or worse, Nasomi's server has become so successful that, for all intents and purposes, it is the only classic FFXI private server anymore. The community for this hobby isn't limitless, so when one of the private servers grows this large, there's not many people left to populate any others.

So, if your hobby is classic FFXI and you like playing with more than 5 other players, Nasomi is your only option whether you agree with the way it's being run, or not.

In and of itself, the success of this server is neither good, nor bad. It's just that: Passion + Restriction = Friction.

Thus the drama.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:04 am 

This is all Dumb why cant game be like how it was all these messages and such just a pain.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:09 am 

Meat, D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:17 am 

Make Zeni pops cost money, pw items trade in for zeni pops, players can sell zeni pops to linkshells or use them to reobtain gear. Money will generally flow from the linkshells that sold the pw items, back to the players that bought them?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:22 am 

It'd be pretty cool if Nas booted up a fresh server that runs alongside this one, now that the most egregious exploits have been taken care of. I'd certainly play there. It'd be fun to have a race to the top with friends.

Then anyone upset about all the gear obtained in the past thanks to poor coding would be happy, and us vets would actually have something to do. It's probably not feasible with his unique hardware setup, but it's a fun thought.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:25 am 

lame, nasomi got no balls to withhold what he said. I am disappointed people with exploited items ( and paying gil for items they shouldn't be having/ez mode items ) are getting away with it. It is only the fault of the people paying for rare/ex gears and expect a refund for exploited stuff.

Should of removed all and allow people to actually earn it legit instead.

All the people crying over exploited gears is ridiculous. (asking for refunds on exploited stuff is hilarious in its own right)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:49 am 

DeusAlkaiser wrote:
lame, nasomi got no balls to withhold what he said. I am disappointed people with exploited items ( and paying gil for items they shouldn't be having/ez mode items ) are getting away with it. It is only the fault of the people paying for rare/ex gears and expect a refund for exploited stuff.

Should of removed all and allow people to actually earn it legit instead.

All the people crying over exploited gears is ridiculous. (asking for refunds on exploited stuff is hilarious in its own right)

Going after gear that is readily available (through albeit interesting means) is not something people should expect to be punished for. They should NOT expect to keep that gear tho if the means which they obtained it is so incredibly off from retail.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 58 Next