Lobby: Up
Online: 64
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 68 Next
 Post subject: Re: PW gear buyback
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:49 am 

Elrich wrote:
Avellion wrote:
Also, I'd like to add, this is all free. Like, you're paying nothing but your own time for it. I know this might rub some people the wrong way, but seriously if you aren't here playing a PRIVATE SERVER with the expectation it could all but shut down in the blink of an eye in the back of your head, you're in too deep. Just my humble opinion, though.

The "It's free so you can't complain!" argument is tired and doesn't really hold up anymore. Everyone here is passionate about the classic FFXI hobby or they wouldn't be here.

For better or worse, Nasomi's server has become so successful that, for all intents and purposes, it is the only classic FFXI private server anymore. The community for this hobby isn't limitless, so when one of the private servers grows this large, there's not many people left to populate any others.

So, if your hobby is classic FFXI and you like playing with more than 5 other players, Nasomi is your only option whether you agree with the way it's being run, or not.

In and of itself, the success of this server is neither good, nor bad. It's just that: Passion + Restriction = Friction.

Thus the drama.

You're not wrong, but it doesn't negate the "it's all free" argument. It's touted so often because it is a reasonable way of looking at it. As I said, it would rub people the wrong way, but it's not wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:40 am 

If he didn't want people to get "ezmode" znm items, shouldn't have made the znm available in the first place.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:06 am 

I'm a bit confused by whats going on. I never got deep enough for ZNM (So I don't even understand it). I have a joytoy, is that something I should worry over? Or my Iridal? Gona go look up what ZMN stuff is now tho

Edit - Figured it out myself.

Last edited by Lithorn2 on Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:07 am 

Lithorn2 wrote:
I'm a bit confused by whats going on. I never got deep enough for ZNM (So I don't even understand it). I have a joytoy, is that something I should worry over? Or my Iridal? Gona go look up what ZMN stuff is now tho

You will never have to worry about your joytoy or iridal.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:08 am 

Lithorn2 wrote:

Nothing you mentioned is getting deleted.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:10 am 

Nabutso wrote:
Lithorn2 wrote:

Thankfully, First time ever owning one. I loved ToAU but I didnt get to do all the neat stuff. Am looking forward to all of this. Shame on the gear cheating, though it seems to be a trend with a lot of dirty handed large linkshells and their sneaky groups.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:12 am 

Lithorn2 wrote:
Nabutso wrote:
Lithorn2 wrote:

Thankfully, First time ever owning one. I loved ToAU but I didnt get to do all the neat stuff. Am looking forward to all of this. Shame on the gear cheating, though it seems to be a trend with a lot of dirty handed large linkshells and their sneaky groups.

There was no cheating. Mobs were coded incorrectly but the loot tables were still intact. People found ways to kill them and get the loot. Nasomi just decided to reset some of that gear since he is starting to get ToAU up and running for the mainstream.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:13 am 

Dodi wrote:
Lithorn2 wrote:
Nabutso wrote:

There was no cheating. Mobs were coded incorrectly and the loot tables were still intact. People found ways to kill them and get the loot. Nasomi just decided to reset some of that gear since he is starting to get ToAU up and running for the mainstream.

Thats what we normal players would call an abuse of broken game mechanics aka cheating. Just because the cookie jar is open on the countertop dosen't mean you are allowed to stick your hand in and take one.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:16 am 

Lithorn2 wrote:
Thats what we normal players would call an abuse of broken game mechanics aka cheating. Just because the cookie jar is open on the countertop dosen't mean you are allowed to stick your hand in and take one.

You realize that Nas hat the capability to remove the loot tables and even the NM, right?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:17 am 

Lithorn2 wrote:
Dodi wrote:
Lithorn2 wrote:

There was no cheating. Mobs were coded incorrectly and the loot tables were still intact. People found ways to kill them and get the loot. Nasomi just decided to reset some of that gear since he is starting to get ToAU up and running for the mainstream.

If this is considered cheating, Nas will have to put several hundred people in Mordion... or you just don't know what you're talking about. I expect you just really don't know what you are talking about on this one so I'm going to ignore this comment. Keep in mind you are likely insulting members of your current ls's.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 68 Next