Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Regarding OWNM
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:42 am 

Shikishima wrote:
exelyon wrote:
OWNMS are for everyone, but optimally killed with a certain group composition. Anyone can join on any job to try and change this meta. Certainly no job is anymore entitled to the money from the drops.

I'd love to hear of a better meta than 5 RNG RDM with BRD + COR roll prebuffs opening with TP + Barrage + more TP.

edit: THF instead of one of the RNGs if you want drops.

I said people are allowed to do ownm runs with any job they want to try and change the meta. It's right there. Aside from this, newer players may not know what the most optimal set up is, and they dont need to. All they need to do is claim the mob and kill it in 15 minutes.

If it's becoming a problem that people are killing ownms after they wouldnt get loot for them, then adress that, not "onry blms, rngs, rdms should do ownms."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:45 am 

This is a very odd post. Lol but in my first linkshell, morningwood, straight tanked VoS on ninja and it worked out. There's many ways to get shit done. I don't get into many anymore, but to add my 2 cents, as someone who got rich as heck off lvl 60 ownms, I see a ton of groups going out with 6 people. My buddy and I did all of these with just 2 of us. We both dual box, and are good at it. So I know that isn't an option for everyone, but you can certainly get it done with 4 intead of 6 at the very least. I truly recommend trying lower man setups. You're really destroying the gil/hour you can be making on these things. You have a 15 minute timer on the lower ones and 20 minutes to kill 60's. There's no reason it needs to be blown up in 5 minutes flat. It is also much more fun and challenging to low man, not to mention much easier to gather/coordinate. But the main thing is drops/gil. Whether you both want your mage torques, p.ropes, kclubs, or just wanna make a ton of gil, you're turning big money drops into minimal come-ups splitting them 6 ways.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:49 am 

Wolffhardt wrote:
Ha - That should probably be reported, but either way, my point stands... they aren’t hard. You can use different jobs if you’re creative.

I'm pretty sure that's intended. Since you have to agro to start the fight, that is different from entering a bcnm where you can buff before engaging with the mob(s).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:00 am 

dont do ownms. bad gil

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:54 am 

Aeroo wrote:
This is a very odd post. Lol but in my first linkshell, morningwood, straight tanked VoS on ninja and it worked out. There's many ways to get shit done. I don't get into many anymore, but to add my 2 cents, as someone who got rich as heck off lvl 60 ownms, I see a ton of groups going out with 6 people. My buddy and I did all of these with just 2 of us. We both dual box, and are good at it. So I know that isn't an option for everyone, but you can certainly get it done with 4 intead of 6 at the very least. I truly recommend trying lower man setups. You're really destroying the gil/hour you can be making on these things. You have a 15 minute timer on the lower ones and 20 minutes to kill 60's. There's no reason it needs to be blown up in 5 minutes flat. It is also much more fun and challenging to low man, not to mention much easier to gather/coordinate. But the main thing is drops/gil. Whether you both want your mage torques, p.ropes, kclubs, or just wanna make a ton of gil, you're turning big money drops into minimal come-ups splitting them 6 ways.

Sadly this is why I don't agree totally with dual-boxing :< Because it's so true.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:57 am 

Shikishima wrote:
exelyon wrote:
OWNMS are for everyone, but optimally killed with a certain group composition. Anyone can join on any job to try and change this meta. Certainly no job is anymore entitled to the money from the drops.

I'd love to hear of a better meta than 5 RNG RDM with BRD + COR roll prebuffs opening with TP + Barrage + more TP.

edit: THF instead of one of the RNGs if you want drops.

One BLM and one RDM and a thf mule so you don't have to share too many drops.