Lobby: Up
Online: 29
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:11 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 1417 Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:18 am 

Nabutso wrote:
Myrlon wrote:
Nabutso wrote:
Status? That isn't an authorized addon.

The main point was that Nasomi used to work with Ashita 3 (version 3.1.0.3) downloadable from the previously provided link @ ashitaxi.com and now that doesn't work and we have to use an older version that provides less capability.

What capability did Ashita 3 have that you need in our launcher?

As a launcher; I don't know what more it provided over and above the previously provided V2 version of Ashita that used to be supported and available from Nasomi. The last launcher I downloaded from Nasomi allowed the same ability to use the "Addons" and "Plugins" options in the Ashita launcher to extend gameplay capability as the launcher I reference previously (V3). The new launcher doesn't seem to have access to these, nor support for them once FFXI has launched.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:57 am 

Myrlon wrote:
Nabutso wrote:
Myrlon wrote:

The main point was that Nasomi used to work with Ashita 3 (version 3.1.0.3) downloadable from the previously provided link @ ashitaxi.com and now that doesn't work and we have to use an older version that provides less capability.

What capability did Ashita 3 have that you need in our launcher?

As a launcher; I don't know what more it provided over and above the previously provided V2 version of Ashita that used to be supported and available from Nasomi. The last launcher I downloaded from Nasomi allowed the same ability to use the "Addons" and "Plugins" options in the Ashita launcher to extend gameplay capability as the launcher I reference previously (V3). The new launcher doesn't seem to have access to these, nor support for them once FFXI has launched.

It does support them. Please read the first post in this thread.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:01 pm 

So may antivirus kicked me out of the game last night, and I ran a scan and deleted the virus. I try to log into the game and it wont let me. so I download the new installer again and get this.

Ashita (2).zip Failed - Virus detected
https://na.nasomi.com/software/Ashita.zip

Is the new installer safe?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:42 pm 

Tizpan, please read #6 in the first post of this thread.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:56 pm 

Nabutso wrote:
Cakey wrote:
Getting the Id>Hairpin?closing error too, and did everything from the wiki.

Have also messed with the DNS stuff, the IPv4/IPv6, etc and no go. Was really hoping I could avoid having to redownload/install everything again. Ugh.

That error is here: http://nasomi.com/wiki/index.php?title= ... ng_happens

had this issue but never installed/played retail. I did play Eden though. If you played Eden and Nasomi is not working, I'd give running NasomiDLL.bat a shot since it fixed my issues.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:03 pm 

Nabutso wrote:

Same thing is happening to me but where do i fix this? i dont understand this^

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:11 pm 

Cerebrim wrote:
Nabutso wrote:

Same thing is happening to me but where do i fix this? i dont understand this^

Quoting from #6:

Quote:
6. Failed to launch boot file, boot.exe
Windows Defender or some other antiviruses flag the boot.exe, which is used to run the game, as a virus (Win32/Cloxer.D!lc). This is a false positive. Most antiviruses on VirusTotal do not detect a virus, the same goes even for the original pol.exe, even the tetra master config, etc - they all have at least 1 antivirus flag them as a virus. The changes in this launcher which may have caused it to be detected as a virus include increased interaction with the game, for performance reasons, rather than allowing FFXI to take care of it itself. Windows likely doesn't trust this inter-process interaction as it could be done for malicious reasons.

You need to restore the file from Windows Defender in order to play. Look up Threat history (by searching) or "Virus & Threat protection". Find "Quarantined Threats". Select the latest, see details to confirm it is the correct file (boot.exe) and click "Restore".

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:43 pm 

Bitdefender tells us what's really wrong with boot.exe.

Infected file detected
4 minutes ago

Feature: Antivirus

The file F:\Games\FFXI\Ashita - Copy (2)\ffxi-bootmod\boot.exe is infected with Trojan.GenericKD.40865027 and was moved to quarantine. It is recommended that you run a System Scan to make sure your system is clean.

https://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/trojan ... 7119.shtml

WTF Nasomi & Nabutso?!?!?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:47 pm 

Myrlon wrote:
Bitdefender tells us what's really wrong with boot.exe.

Infected file detected
4 minutes ago

Feature: Antivirus

The file F:\Games\FFXI\Ashita - Copy (2)\ffxi-bootmod\boot.exe is infected with Trojan.GenericKD.40865027 and was moved to quarantine. It is recommended that you run a System Scan to make sure your system is clean.

https://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/trojan ... 7119.shtml

WTF Nasomi & Nabutso?!?!?

Also...

Infected webpage detected
2 hours ago

Feature:
Online Threat Prevention

We blocked this dangerous page for your protection:
https://na.nasomi.com/software/Ashita.zip
Threat name: Trojan.GenericKD.40865027
Dangerous pages attempt to install software that can harm the device, gather personal information or operate without your consent.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:04 pm 

Why do I have to keep repeating myself? It's a false positive.

There is nothing malicious in the launcher. I'm using it myself.

edit: Microsoft has responded and will remove the false positive from their virus definitions

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 1417 Next