Lobby: Up
Online: 39
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 617 Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:26 am 

Nabutso wrote:
Walker wrote:
downloaded the new launcher and installer getting error

System.Exception: Failed to launch boot file.

File Path: .\\ffxi-bootmod\\pol.exe
Error: 2
at Ashita.Classes.AshitaInjector.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.<LaunchConfiguration>b__0()

this sucks, hope that ddos attacker steps on a lego

It shouldn't be pointing to pol.exe. You sure you got the right launcher? It should list a few Nasomi options, not Retail/Private Server etc.

yeah was popping up retail/private, i downloaded from the link on homepage. redownloaded. figured out if you drag the app from the folder to desktop to make a shortcut it doesnt work. only works opening from the folder.

got it working now, thanks for the help

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:27 am 

I've tried logging in with the 1080, which is my resolution. When I type, i dont see what I'm typing, and when I open a menu, it makes the noises but nothing pops up. Weird

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:29 am 

Game does run smoother now

Last edited by Spagett on Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:33 am 

Azurewrath wrote:
I've tried logging in with the 1080, which is my resolution. When I type, i dont see what I'm typing, and when I open a menu, it makes the noises but nothing pops up. Weird

Did you enabled "Show border"? This has been a known issue for a long time in ashita. Disable that if you did.

If "Show border" isn't enabled, can you try the scaling fix on http://nasomi.com/wiki/index.php?title= ... ing_issues ?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:36 am 

@Azurewrath

Soooo didn't want to install the new version... finally got this one tweaked just right... played around and this is what i figured out...

*A little help for the install... Download the Ashita folder from links provided above.
*Go to your program86x folder. different windows installs will have different names, sometimes 2 program files folders, find the one with Nasomi in it.
*then open that, find the Ashita Folder. Rename it to Ashita.backup( not neccessary i just always do it :) )
*Now copy the folder you downloaded into this folder.

*Follow above steps to fix the Registry problems.

*Disable screen scaling in the ashita properties as stated above ( didn't find anything to tell it to allow application to do the scaling, I'm on Windows 7 64bit Pro so ignored that part.)

#4 - Solution! the screen settings in ashita config (the one that came with the old install added a shortcut to my desktop.) didn't match up right. so when I used the same resolution and screen size as before it was all out of wack. My game screen was a 1/4 of the size of my screen if that right after the new ashita update...

The settings that worked for me in the Nasomi Config file are.
Overlay Graphics = 1920 x 1080
Menu Resolution = ----
Background = 1280 x 1024

Those are not the same as they were before... i just played around till i found one that worked and either got bigger or smaller...
Hope that helps someone ^^

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:41 am 

same as above poster I changed dns flushed released renewed restarted and still getting failed to connect to server :( I'm sure its something dumb im missing here but i cant find it >.<

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:44 am 

><

Last edited by Spagett on Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:49 am 

Nabutso wrote:
Azurewrath wrote:

Did you enabled "Show border"? This has been a known issue for a long time in ashita. Disable that if you did.

If "Show border" isn't enabled, can you try the scaling fix on http://nasomi.com/wiki/index.php?title= ... ing_issues ?

Yeah, ive always used show border, it's how I move my game to my second montor that I play on, now i guess it's giving me issues.

How do i make the game play on my second monitor without a border? I know there's the -1 -1 thing, but i'm not sure what tp type to get it to start over there. my main screen is 720p and my second is 1080

Edit: Set it to 1366, 0! just kept trying things til it worked.

Last edited by Azurewrath on Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:53 am 

type /move x y

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:55 am 

How do I stop FFXI from registering my mouse clicks when I'm clicking outside of FFXI? Also not getting any cursor movement, FFXI cursor stays static and only moves when I click or bring up a menu. Probably a simple setting somewhere I'm missing.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 617 Next