Lobby: Up
Online: 47
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:31 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:43 am 

I know gear shouldn't be a primary concern but these days there are way to many players running not caring about their own gear. Wars with axe and shield, and severely outdated axe at that as well. Other classes using gear that doesn't belong to that their class like wearing mind gear on melee classes. One person wouldn't hurt the party at all but when nearly all people in the party have terrible gear then you're in for a few wipes. The worst excuse thats disgusting is when so many players say, "I wont touch this class once it's lvl 30 or lvl 37 again, so I don't care about the gear" How selfish is that? World of warcraft has an online armory check. Maybe nasomi can get something like that and hopefully that will put a spark in players to start farming.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:10 am 

I used to go around checking people in retail before I invited them to my parties. I also have no problem replacing someone who puts no effort into their jobs, including gear. My advice to you would be the same.

I don't think Nasomi has the time or energy to add something like this.

Edit: Things like your issue is why I solo most of my exp.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:05 am 

I smell another railroaded thread.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:43 am 

Kubisnaxx wrote:
i would love something to be able to be elitist in exp parties with, this sounds like a good idea.

This tool would not be built towards elitist. It's one thing to have decent gear or ok gear. But when the people have actually trash gear that shows they don't care or allows them to say things like "I'm only leveling for sub job after that i wont touch this job so who cares what i wear now" That becomes a problem.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:44 am 

I love this idea, 11/10

White box right box

I’m going to murder Nas.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:00 pm 

Great idea

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:13 pm 

+1 Vote from me

I'm not saying you have to be loaded up and have perfect gear, but it's silly how little some people try and to me its incredibly selfish to be expected to be carried in a party. This is a group game and if you don't put any effort in you're wasting other people's time.

I'm fed up with 25-30+ warriors showing up with leather or scale armor and a sword and shield. Tired of people showing up to parties with weapons that are 15-20 levels outdated, and people even 40+ still using Bastokan Rings, dog collars, and nq bone earrings.

Put some effort into your gear or you're not getting into my parties these days. I work too hard to get playtime away from my spouse these days to have it wasted lol. I will replace you if you show up to my parties looking like shit lol.

Also I encourage people who have their shit together to set their search comment. People like me usually check the website party finder and it makes our lives a lot easier.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:46 pm 

Quote:
I know gear shouldn't be a primary concern but

Goes on to explain why gear is his primary concern.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:57 pm 

No idea what this is. but this is old school FFXI. just shame people with shit gear.

Then they either quit, or figure out they need to spend time doing things other than XP. How else are people going to learn they need to spend time farming for gil if you dont properly shame them?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:59 pm 

Let's shame everyone into quitting and we'll all be free of this and can go back to MMO's that have absolutely no community or helpful aspect to it.