Lobby: Up
Online: 47
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 810 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:09 pm 

He did.

I'm not looking to only invite people with HQ gear in every slot. As I've leveled BLM, which means I'm already basically getting invited exclusively by less skilled/knowledgeable players.. I've seen many people show up, that they attract, that are so laughably geared that I genuinely wouldn't have partied with them. Sorry. A 57 MNK that comes in full NQ merc gear from lvl 20, and no other equip besides a bastok ring and a str+1 ring? You don't need someone to tell you that you need to go farm, you know your gear sucks. You're just ignoring that your gear sucks because you want to keep leveling. You're welcome to do that, but I see no reason to subject others to it. That's all.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:13 pm 

Im in agreement.

Just think a system like this sounds good in theory, would end up creating more problems. It would also take time and energy away from the actual development of the game/server.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:15 pm 

Aewyn wrote:
Ase wrote:
Aewyn wrote:

I have 100 fishing, spent countless hours farming in just about every zone I can effectly do so in, KSNM/Bcnm/OWNN, camped NASOMI, flipped things on the AH/manipulated markets (typically undercutting/deflation), and done everything endgame this server has to offer to obtain my gear, and carried my fair share of low-effort players. Get off your high horse.

Here's another wild thought, instead of whining and raging over people with trash gear, how about offering to help? Point them in the direction of a good farming spot. Make them grab a KS/Beast seal orb and carry em through an easy win for $ drops. Point them away from the agility gear they want for their Warrior and toward the Strength gear. You know, things that will solve the problem by encouraging someone to up their game, rather than perpetuate it by excluding them and leaving them in the dark.

I agree to an extent, but all too often people take advice as insult and get offended that you offered to help them unsuck their gear. Or they give you the old, its just sj, or "I'm a bard/corsair I get invited anyway". People can do more to help each other out, but more than that ppl need to be able to take some criticism.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. If you lead a horse to water, and it doesn't drink despite obviously dying of dehydration and unable to perform, you can safely take it out back and slip it a lead pill.

However, If you have a thirsty horse, and just assume this one is as retarded as the one someone put down last week thus you don't bother trying to get it water, you are failing the horse and are in the wrong If you put it down.

The point of this game, as I see it, is to double back and lend people a hand to bring them up to your level. Not to kick them because they aren't there yet. Offer a hand, If they take it great! If not? On to the next thing.

Are you listening to yourself? You really think everyone has the time to teach every player who doesn't want to farm ? Were supposed to fit that in our schedules? You do realize there is google out there for people. Unlike a horse, they know how to use a computer and search the internet, after all they did find this server. Your analogy is pointless here. I know I wouldn't want to log in just to teach every player I see how to farm.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:18 pm 

Redeyejedi818 wrote:
firstable, fishing gear doesn't work on this server.
So get rekt
Secondable, I have pretty good gear and never once was asked where to farm by an inferior bro that actually cares to properly gear their char.

Thirdable, if the party sucks just leave.
Fourthable, if gear shaming was more prevalent all your good farming spots would be far more watered down and nms would be much more heavily camped, thus spawning another thread about how the ah sucks and everyone undercuts the shit out of you or how farming is hard and the grind is real. Furthermore people will just end up bitching about how hard it is to get a party. Parties will become scarcer and a tiered gear system will emerge where elitism will most definitely exist.

I agree that people should have somewhat current gear to their level, however, I do not feel like this is the remedy to the problem. Try to enjoy playing with some shitters here and there and enjoy being the strongest in your party. Part of the fun of getting good new gear is seeing how it stacks against other gear

So you would rather have less competition farming than to have a severely under geared member of the party? Whats the point of you farming for gear while the other person doesn't. You're wasting time while they're leveling then. You make no sense.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:27 pm 

Redeyejedi818 wrote:
Im in agreement.

Just think a system like this sounds good in theory, would end up creating more problems. It would also take time and energy away from the actual development of the game/server.

like I said, I cant imagine Nas ever doing this.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:34 pm 

Aside from rebranding and dev drama, Kupo’s player page might be their best feature. Nas already shows you a ton of player info at your own account page, I don’t imagine it would be much harder to tailor a quick public version with a recent gear page and some AH history. Great way to check if someone has their subjobs levelled, too.

I’m going to murder Nas.

Last edited by Baldr on Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:35 pm 

Guscles wrote:
Whats the point of you farming for gear while the other person doesn't.

if you play this game for anyone other than yourself, idk what to tell you

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:36 pm 

Last edited by Kipling on Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:42 pm 

locodoco wrote:
I feel like this falls under the same argument of use vs abuse as dps parsers, and we already know where Nas stands on that.
All I'd like to do is prove that kick attacks (and the items that enhance it) are screwed up, but that's very difficult without a parser.

cthalupa wrote:
I am considering stopping at 60 to run a ton of OWNMs to try and farm up an E-Bow, though, because I think it's a significant enough upgrade to be worth it.

Side Note: Eastern Shadow is VERY easy to camp, see here for complete info and screenshots:
http://nasomi.com/wiki/index.php?title=Eastern_Shadow

Oh, wow. Yeah, might just camp it then. That's way easier than retail.

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:43 pm 

Kipling wrote:
Considering I joined a Bibiki Bay party recently where a level 34 NIN was using a SINGLE (literally single) level 7 Katana and leather gear... I'd love to see a system like this if only to be able to check on people BEFORE you leave a camp. If you're going to run all the way out to camp only to have someone who is wasting everyone's time and getting carried you should be able to know about it beforehand.

Also, sometimes offering to help people or give them advice doesn't work - they often get combative. When I asked this person why he was using a single katana (maybe he forgot to equip it or something), he told me to "get over it" because it "didn't matter lol". After I brought it up everyone in the party checked him and we all basically decided to reform without him because it was just so darn ridiculous and his response was not appropriate. If he had said something like, "I am low on gil", that's another story... but he reacted poorly.

Tl;dr - I'd like to see this system because as a newer player leveling up the amount of people I run into that don't have level appropriate gear has been pretty darn high.

GeT oFF YoUr HigH HoRSe!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 810 Next