Lobby: Up
Online: 37
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:02 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 10 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:01 pm 

Kipling wrote:
Considering I joined a Bibiki Bay party recently where a level 34 NIN was using a SINGLE (literally single) level 7 Katana and leather gear... I'd love to see a system like this if only to be able to check on people BEFORE you leave a camp. If you're going to run all the way out to camp only to have someone who is wasting everyone's time and getting carried you should be able to know about it beforehand.

Also, sometimes offering to help people or give them advice doesn't work - they often get combative. When I asked this person why he was using a single katana (maybe he forgot to equip it or something), he told me to "get over it" because it "didn't matter lol". After I brought it up everyone in the party checked him and we all basically decided to reform without him because it was just so darn ridiculous and his response was not appropriate. If he had said something like, "I am low on gil", that's another story... but he reacted poorly.

Tl;dr - I'd like to see this system because as a newer player leveling up the amount of people I run into that don't have level appropriate gear has been pretty darn high.

did you try leading him to water?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:07 pm 

What you need to do is make gear guides for people that never played this game for all the jobs here.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:13 pm 

cthalupa wrote:
locodoco wrote:
Side Note: Eastern Shadow is VERY easy to camp, see here for complete info and screenshots:
http://nasomi.com/wiki/index.php?title=Eastern_Shadow

Oh, wow. Yeah, might just camp it then. That's way easier than retail.

I was hoping that OC's attempt to out e-bow would've dropped the price, but getting banned and his thread deleted didn't help.
RIP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:19 am 

Holy shit this thread turned into something else. I think the points of both camps have been dragged out. I will, however, add this to the "please put some effort into things" camp.

No one is going to hold your hand. You get into things what you put into them.

Ive seen this stated elsewhere in ancient threads, but its just so true.

EDIT: I will help people when I can. But there is only so much that I am willing to do (or can, hell im a noob myself!)

Edit Edit:

Ariel wrote:
What you need to do is make gear guides for people that never played this game for all the jobs here.

These exist. I use these all the time. This game has been out for 15+ years.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:07 am 

Kipling wrote:
Considering I joined a Bibiki Bay party recently where a level 34 NIN was using a SINGLE (literally single) level 7 Katana and leather gear... I'd love to see a system like this if only to be able to check on people BEFORE you leave a camp. If you're going to run all the way out to camp only to have someone who is wasting everyone's time and getting carried you should be able to know about it beforehand.

Also, sometimes offering to help people or give them advice doesn't work - they often get combative. When I asked this person why he was using a single katana (maybe he forgot to equip it or something), he told me to "get over it" because it "didn't matter lol". After I brought it up everyone in the party checked him and we all basically decided to reform without him because it was just so darn ridiculous and his response was not appropriate. If he had said something like, "I am low on gil", that's another story... but he reacted poorly.

Tl;dr - I'd like to see this system because as a newer player leveling up the amount of people I run into that don't have level appropriate gear has been pretty darn high.

Jesus christ that's pretty shit. Never feel bad about kicking someone like that. Reminds me of a Ranger that used beetle arrows in a lvl 65 tree party. That was the highest Sidewinder I saw him do the whole party too.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:59 am 

when im SAM exp pt everyone else can have sh;t gear

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:28 am 

karem wrote:
when im SAM exp pt everyone else can have sh;t gear

I only wish my PUP will carry that hard

I’m going to murder Nas.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:45 am 

As a vet returning after 10 years I know I have to stop and farm to gear up (as soon as I've went as far in dunes as i can). I stop and started farming/missions to get gear/ready for the future. Not everyone knows that and not everyone is going to google to find info. Having a way to inspect a persons gear before you invite is a great idea, but you have something in place already just check their nation rank. If they are low rank don't invite them if your worried about them being under geared, that's your right if you want to play like that. If they are high rank and under geared call them on it and kick them if you don't want them in the party. Just remember be grateful this place even exist. For me its a dream come true to play FFXI at level 75, I'll play with anyone that wants to play struggle or not. It just makes me remember early 2004 when all we knew was struggle and all were geared really bad even at endgame.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:56 am 

Guscles wrote:
bengeeman wrote:
Quote:
I know gear shouldn't be a primary concern but

Goes on to explain why gear is his primary concern.

Thanks for participating in show and tell. You really shared your comprehensive ability buddy.

8-)

your idea stinks and will only serve to stir up toxicity and elitism within a community focused game. Yes, some people's gear sucks. Just stop inviting them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:17 pm 

bengeeman wrote:
Guscles wrote:
bengeeman wrote:

Goes on to explain why gear is his primary concern.

Thanks for participating in show and tell. You really shared your comprehensive ability buddy.

8-)

your idea stinks and will only serve to stir up toxicity and elitism within a community focused game. Yes, some people's gear sucks. Just stop inviting them.

That's the purpose of the tool he's asking for... So he can stop inviting them...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 10 Next