Lobby: Up
Online: 48
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:42 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:16 pm 

I'm hoping someone might have a guide on solo leveling, basically what zones are good for what level of soloing, extra kudos if it includes where in the zones or what mobs to focus on

Why soloing? I typically can only log on for an hour at a time, its just not worth finding a party

Why need a guide? I've tried going to zones that seem the appropriate level and ive had hit or miss luck finding areas with dense enough mobs for a particular level to be useful

If it's relevant i'm 25RDM/THF, I tend to go for DC's and EP's for soloing, but will throw in an EM on occassion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:17 pm 

You should look at Dhalmels in burimibu peninsula. They are going to be close to that level. After that you may want to look at the front end of Bibiki bay. I soloed there but can remember exactly when. 45ish you should be able to do Garlaige Citadel. I know from at least 52-58 maybe even to 60 you can solo the sanctuary of zi tah. Bats gobs and coeurls.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:19 pm 

You may want to check dhalmels in Tarongi first

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:19 pm 

I don't know what your ultimate goal is, but if you want to solo to 75, you might want to switch to a job more suited to do so, like BST or maybe even SMN.

I understand you need to get to 30 to do that, which I bet you could do in Buburimu Peninsula pretty easily on EPs without affecting any parties in the dunes.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:18 pm 

SMN or BST are more suited to doing what youre trying to do. with bst youl never need a party and can log out / back in and just pick it back up again

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:57 pm 

Long term i'd love to do BST or SMN, but right now im to low level to get those quests, so RDM it is.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:05 am 

RDM solo goals:
  • Something around 4-5 levels below you so you can kill them quickly. DCs and EMs are killable for a RDM, but are too slow for how much xp they give. It's a LOT faster to kill two 50xp EPs than a single 100xp EM.
  • Nothing that's at a common party camp, because making people mad is bad.
  • Nothing with awful debuffs (para/petri/curse/etc) unless you want to sub whm.
  • Nothing that is slashing resistant or has strong defensive buffs, because until you get refresh your sword is going to be doing most of your damage. Resting for MP takes too long to make nukes worthwhile, early on.
  • Bonus: something that drops items that sell well. (ie. not lizards.)

So first you go here or here and look at what's available around your target level. Then if you see anything appealing there, head over and try it out.

At a glance, at 25 I'd suggest trying Crane Flys in Meriphataud. They're 18-21 and have a 40% droprate on Gausebit Grass, which is currently selling for 600g each at the AH. If you want to go up a little, Bull Dhalmels in Buburimu are 20-23 and have a bunch of drops that sell moderately.

edit: Also, THF is a pretty bad solo sub for RDM unless you're 30+ and using it for the treasure hunter bonus. Go /war for melee damage until you can get /nin, or /whm for a bigger mp pool and status removal, or /blm for MP and more dots (and eventually warp).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:45 pm 

Jugner forest and carpenters landing should br good until 28-30.
After that, im in the same boat as you

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:07 pm 

Elwood wrote:
Jugner forest and carpenters landing should br good until 28-30.
After that, im in the same boat as you

Worm or Pugs & Clippers in Qufim probably. The post before yours was extremely informative, definitely good advice.

Basically just find the camps like a tier below your level or so on a site like Campsitarus (http://campsitarus.blogspot.com) and then look up the mobs' levels on the wiki. If they're a few levels below you, you should be set.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:32 pm 

BLM is also a soloable job soloing beastmans pets can also work with a party in certain areas but you don’t want to camp on a a person who has no choice but to solo. Check blm solo guides to find the pets you could also do it on rdm but it’s dangerous stuff.