Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:02 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Do not buy gil.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:59 pm 

Wolffhardt wrote:
Miku wrote:

with the whole kidnapping subplot of Nas's personal life, this meme is just so good.

+1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:51 pm 

edited to not encourage this crap

Last edited by tyrantelf on Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:20 pm 

tyrantelf wrote:
If nas is the all seeing eye who catches everyone, how is there a seller that has been selling since June 2018 and claims to have 330M gil in stock and just bumped their post again yesterday? (If you google nasomi gil you will see it)

People claim a lot of things.

People even go so far as to make accounts using names of players here on RMT forums, pretending to be them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:06 am 

What you mean is: "that's the only explanation my friend gave to us about what nas said".

There was just a 19 page thread where someone's friends claimed their friend did not buy gil. Nas had to step in because of how ridiculous the claim was - "all they did was trade someone a hairpin why are they jailed for that!?" - and explain what the actual situation was, with dates, timestamps, amounts, all from a known gil seller. Their friend bought gil. They didn't know. Their friend lied to them and it caused a 19 page thread where they had to go from defending their friend to total radio silence after nas stepped in. Don't be that guy who goes off and tries to start trouble for your friend who is lying to you.

There have been hundreds of bans in the past few months because of how rampant this has become. There have been 2 false positives that I know of during these bans. Both of them were released relatively quickly.

edit: did the guy delete his post or did nas?

Last edited by Nabutso on Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:32 pm 

I would think the guy deleted his post in embarrasment.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:17 pm 

Nabutso wrote:
What you mean is: "that's the only explanation my friend gave to us about what nas said".

There was just a 19 page thread where someone's friends claimed their friend did not buy gil. Nas had to step in because of how ridiculous the claim was - "all they did was trade someone a hairpin why are they jailed for that!?" - and explain what the actual situation was, with dates, timestamps, amounts, all from a known gil seller. Their friend bought gil. They didn't know. Their friend lied to them and it caused a 19 page thread where they had to go from defending their friend to total radio silence after nas stepped in. Don't be that guy who goes off and tries to start trouble for your friend who is lying to you.

There have been hundreds of bans in the past few months because of how rampant this has become. There have been 2 false positives that I know of during these bans. Both of them were released relatively quickly.

edit: did the guy delete his post or did nas?

Groooovy Njr Camper Toomee Bemont Swk Kooyo. And theres at least one person in there on a false positive right now. Sorry nab but this is far more than 2 and good reason to be very overly cautious.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:21 pm 

"That I know of".

7 out of several hundred of 2 out of several hundred, is there much of a difference? It doesn't help that everyone you named just now is endgame and likely interacts with RMT much more frequently without knowing it than new players do.

If you want to be wary of trading gil/items with people, it should be other high levels that try to offer you tons of stuff in return for nothing, not about you giving gil to newbies.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:46 pm 

i borow 3-10 millions of gils from my friends hope i dont get listed as gil buyer ;) and when i return the gils hope im not listed as gils seller lmao

dam tis might be a good reason to not payback the gils o fk yeah :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:53 pm 

karem wrote:
i borow 3-10 millions of gils from my friends hope i dont get listed as gil buyer ;) and when i return the gils hope im not listed as gils seller lmao

dam tis might be a good reason to not payback the gils o fk yeah :lol:

If the person you're borrowing gil ends up being a gil seller, it is likely you'd end up in jail for a few days until you contact nas to explain the situation, yeah.

But that's the small risk you take when you accept large sums of gil from shady people. If they're in your LS, you better know if they're RMT or not. Most of the false positives referred to were in-LS transactions between people who did not know that the other was an RMT.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:02 pm 

every1 here looks shady as fk anyway, and wha if wha if one day my friend’ pet kitty cat got cancer and he decide to sell gils so hes have money for kitty funeral ? :(

but before he was not a rmt :(