Lobby: Up
Online: 57
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:47 pm 

I've been using this guide since before he published it and have gone from being a broke plebe to well on my way to hood rich.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:50 pm 

Misaligned wrote:
I've been using this guide since before he published it and have gone from being a broke plebe to well on my way to hood rich.

LOL :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:28 pm 

zendiime wrote:
mello wrote:
No nebimonite from 12-27?
I didn't try those because you have to take the ship. I was very low level. My highest job when I started fishing was like 15
SSG is a good place for these, but yeah, not for low levels.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:55 pm 

Great guide man, thanks for putting the time into it!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:35 pm 

for the cheapos like me you can start fishing in Qufim as low as skill 0, though i'd suggest starting at 9 when you can catch both Yellow Globes and Tiger Cod.

Using Composite + Lugworms will let you be able to catch Yellow Globes/Tiger Cod/Nosteau Herring, skillups are decent and gil is great for newbies with mythril swords and silver rings getting fished up alongside these.

I personally fished from lvl 9 to 14 here so far and it's quite nice.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:23 pm 

Volbia wrote:
for the cheapos like me you can start fishing in Qufim as low as skill 0, though i'd suggest starting at 9 when you can catch both Yellow Globes and Tiger Cod.

Using Composite + Lugworms will let you be able to catch Yellow Globes/Tiger Cod/Nosteau Herring, skillups are decent and gil is great for newbies with mythril swords and silver rings getting fished up alongside these.

I personally fished from lvl 9 to 14 here so far and it's quite nice.

Nice! I didn't know you could start there at 0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:06 pm 

Just a little correction. Tiger shark is not a thing on Nasomi, but you can still get to 100 on titanictus. There's more options once you get a lu shang, and even more with an ebisu. The only things you need an ebisu for are titanic sawfish and mola mola. Sawfish are useless though, but mola mola can get you a pretty neat shield though the "inside the belly" quest.
Edit: It's the kalkanbaligi that gives the neat shield. The mola mola gives you the mercurial spear, which is only useful if your a war70+ who's just now decided to skill up polearm. Pretty limited use, but it is fantastic for that purpose.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:03 pm 

The 5-11 is killing me right now. I've gone almost a whole stack of Insect Paste with .2 skill up. I continually lose my catch dude to low skill, is this normal?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:18 pm 

Nadrojj wrote:
The 5-11 is killing me right now. I've gone almost a whole stack of Insect Paste with .2 skill up. I continually lose my catch dude to low skill, is this normal?

Go fish in area where you have more in your skill range. Youre not getting any skill for no catches.

East ronfaur i think is good. didnt go there myself.

So is mhaura/selbina with composite/sab rig.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:36 pm 

Dexx wrote:
Nadrojj wrote:

Go fish in area where you have more in your skill range. Youre not getting any skill for no catches.

East ronfaur i think is good. didnt go there myself.

So is mhaura/selbina with composite/sab rig.

Interesting, I just powered through it and finally got to 7 where i stopped losing so many catches, went from 7-8 in like 12 casts lol.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next