Lobby: Up
Online: 60
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:34 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:11 pm 

It is important to remember when fishing up a monster, you simply wait out the mini game. Do not cancel your cast. You will lose your lure and you will have to hard restart your game. Just let it run its course. You will have to start doing this at fishing 14 in Qufim Island.

Skill Location Fish Pole Bait

0 to 5 (Selbina) Cobalt Jellyfish Bastore Sardine Clothespole / Composite Sabiki Rig. Just have to grind through this. Sabiki Rig speeds this up significantly. Use little worms if you have absolutely no gil to spare. I was super broke so my first time through I had no choice but to endure the 5 hour little worm grind.

5 to 11 (Northern San D'Oria) - Moat near Housing Moat Carp, Tricolored Carp Clothespole / Composite Insect Balls Auction the Moat Carp, NPC the Tricolored Carp. The tricolored will pay for your bait. Can stay here until 12 if you choose.

11 to 19 (Port San D'oria) Giant Catfish Clothespole / Composite Minnow Fish next to the bar. NPC all of these for 102g each. Save 1 for test item.

19 to 29 (Qufim Island) Tiger Cod/Nosteau Herring Composite Shrimp Lure My fav place. Tiger Cod will take you to 29. Nosteau Herring can take you to 39 if you want to grind here until then. It will slow down a lot after 29 though. You can catch Mythral Swords here that NPC for 4100g. The tiger cod and herring auction for about 4k a stack also. Giant Catfish might give faster gains but Tiger cod, Nosteau Herring, and swords give much better gil.

29 to 35 (East Sarutabaruta) Gold Lobster/Ogre Eel Composite Sinking Minnow Gold Lobster NPC for 194g each. Ogre Eel 32g each. Decent Skillups.

35 to 49 (Buburimu Cliffs at H-10) Bluetail Composite Minnow Fish right around the corner from Mhaura. NPC for 300g each. I caught a lot of trash here. This was my least favorite spot. I heard a Halcyon rod reduces garbage but I didn’t want to buy a new rod. An alternate to Bubu from 35-49 is Sauromugue Champaign with the same rod/bait. This adds in Cone Calamary and Mythril Swords. <-- FAR superior

49 to 66 (East Sarutabaruta Lake (Near the West Zone) Crescent Fish Composite Fly Lure NPC for 403g each.

66 to 76 (Port Windurst) Bastore Bream Composite Shrimp Lure Bastore Bream NPC for 600g each. You can fish them right in Port Windurst standing right next to an NPC in most places. Very fast gil and fast skillups.

76 to 96 (Qufim Island) Black Sole Composite Sinking Minnow NPC Black Sole 700g each. You catch Mythral Swords here. You also catch Silver Rings that auction from 500 to 1000g each. It's up to you at this point to go beyond 80. I haven't had a reason to yet. EDIT - I found that at level 96 I receive a lot more gold arrows as well as anglers sense of black sole. Seem to increase catch rate.

EDIT 2: It has been my personal experience that a Rogue Rig is superior in terms of gil earned per hour. You catch something every cast and even tho the fish sell for less, the catch rate paired with doubles more than make up for it. Downside is a lot don't stack so you have to come with empty inventory. Also, it's nice when you get 2x swords

TEST ITEMS

Level Item Requested Rank Acquired
8 to 10  Moat Carp  Recruit
18 to 20  Cheval Salmon  Initiate
28 to 30  Giant Catfish  Novice
38 to 40  Gugru Tuna  Apprentice
48 to 50  Monke-Onke  Journeyman
58 to 60  Bhefhel Marlin  Craftsman
68 to 70  Bladefish  Artisan
78 to 80  Three-eyed Fish  Adept
88 to 90  Gigant Squid  Veteran
98 to 100  Tiger Shark  Expert

This guide is from my own personal experiences following the fishing guides by Meeep and Nightcoder. I made slight modifications on the way that I felt were more beneficial to myself giving my current level and grind tolerance. I would like to thank both of them for the work they did building their guides which allowed me to even attempt to get to where I am now in regards to fishing. I was able to reach 76 fishing while only being a level 30 Redmage. Loving the server and I hope this might help someone that needs $$$$$!

Zendiime

Last edited by zendiime on Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:23 pm, edited 11 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:54 pm 

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this! Appreciated.

*future fisherman*

~Rubicmage
Leveling RDM, WHM, BLM, NIN
Taru | Rank 1 Bastok | [ ] Sky / [ ] Sea

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:37 pm 

Rubicund wrote:
Thank you so much for taking the time to do this! Appreciated.

*future fisherman*

No problem :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:39 pm 

No nebimonite from 12-27?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:47 pm 

mello wrote:
No nebimonite from 12-27?

I didn't try those because you have to take the ship. I was very low level. My highest job when I started fishing was like 15

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:52 pm 

An alternate to Bubu from 35-49 is Sauromugue Champaign with the same rod/bait. This adds in Cone Calamary and Mythril Swords. I am not sure if it would be better money/bites, but it would be some variety.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:07 pm 

KingLoser wrote:
An alternate to Bubu from 35-49 is Sauromugue Champaign with the same rod/bait. This adds in Cone Calamary and Mythril Swords. I am not sure if it would be better money/bites, but it would be some variety.

Wish I would have known that lol

I hated Bubu.. I updated my guide :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:27 am 

I'd just like to point out that Selbina is absolute cancer, and you should just fish in Windy instead.

That is all.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:12 pm 

I just wanted to add a third option for that 35-49 slot. I did Pashow Marshlands behind the OP. Use a Composite and Frog Lure for Red Terrapin. They NPC for 300gil as well and I felt like my skillup rate was way up, with trash caught being way down compared to Buburimu.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:14 pm 

spang1025 wrote:
I just wanted to add a third option for that 35-49 slot. I did Pashow Marshlands behind the OP. Use a Composite and Frog Lure for Red Terrapin. They NPC for 300gil as well and I felt like my skillup rate was way up, with trash caught being way down compared to Buburimu.

Nice!

Ill add that in!