Lobby: Up
Online: 40
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:00 am 

zendiime wrote:
Rimamok wrote:
zendiime wrote:
With a sabiki in selbina... you are out of there in an hour. It's about the same as a city. Do what you prefer though.

I was there for HOURS using Little Worms to get 0.7 points. I'd say at least 4 out of 5 casts got nothing.

Unless Sabiki Rig has different chance of catching something on the line, just the additional chance at catching two isn't going to put in remotely close to what I was getting in Port Windhurst. I was getting Sardines or Quus on almost every single cast, as opposed to 10-20% catch rate in Selbina.

Little worms in Selbina is straight cancer. Sabiki is on another level.

My first fisherman was on worms... second sabiki. Not even close.

I'd recommend saying that in your guide then, which literally specifies Little Worm in the first line.

I actually quite the game for 3 weeks after using Little Worms in Selbina.... after reading your guide ;)

if it's "straight cancer" (which I agree with) then it shouldn't form a part of your guide, which otherwise is most excellent.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:41 am 

Rimamok wrote:
zendiime wrote:
Rimamok wrote:
I was there for HOURS using Little Worms to get 0.7 points. I'd say at least 4 out of 5 casts got nothing.

Unless Sabiki Rig has different chance of catching something on the line, just the additional chance at catching two isn't going to put in remotely close to what I was getting in Port Windhurst. I was getting Sardines or Quus on almost every single cast, as opposed to 10-20% catch rate in Selbina.

Little worms in Selbina is straight cancer. Sabiki is on another level.

My first fisherman was on worms... second sabiki. Not even close.

I'd recommend saying that in your guide then, which literally specifies Little Worm in the first line.

I actually quite the game for 3 weeks after using Little Worms in Selbina.... after reading your guide ;)

if it's "straight cancer" (which I agree with) then it shouldn't form a part of your guide, which otherwise is most excellent.

You're right. Changed.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:47 am 

Some rigs get double catches. Any info on which ones these are?

I saw rogue rig mentioned but not where or what levels.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:12 pm 

I don't have much info on Rouge or Sabiki other than the starting levels. They didn't work when I leveled fishing. Sorry :(

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:24 am 

palli220 wrote:
Some rigs get double catches. Any info on which ones these are?

I saw rogue rig mentioned but not where or what levels.

Rogue Rig and Robber Rig.

I suck.
Ninja is the best job.
http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:47 am 

All rigs can get double catches, including Sabiki.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:11 am 

Little worms in Selbina is only on the radar because Meeep has it listed as the cheapest route to skillups at the start. You can farm a clothespole and little worms are less than 5 gil/ea. As a fisher, experiment with different places and different setups. That's part of the fun. if you want to try something else, there are plenty of fish (omg i said that) that give skillups at 0. They may have higher equipment costs or the fish may yield less revenue. But if you have fun, who cares? Change it up.

With respect to sabiki rigs, I seem to remember them catching up to 3 in retail in this era. The ffxiclopedia wiki added this detail to its page for sabiki rig in 2008. I have never used the rigs here on nas. Do they only catch one or two fish at once? :-(

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:48 pm 

Interesting Sabiki could catch 3 on retail. I can say with 100% certainty that a Sabiki in Port Windurst will only catch a maximum of 2 Bastore Sardines or 2 Quus on Nas. I’ve never tried a Sabiki elsewhere.

I like your sentiments about having fun experimenting with fishing though. The guide is a solid start, but I’ve found three zones that beat his proposed setup. Fishing adventures can be fun. :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:28 pm 

this isnt retail

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:08 pm 

Julia wrote:
Little worms in Selbina is only on the radar because Meeep has it listed as the cheapest route to skillups at the start. You can farm a clothespole and little worms are less than 5 gil/ea. As a fisher, experiment with different places and different setups. That's part of the fun. if you want to try something else, there are plenty of fish (omg i said that) that give skillups at 0. They may have higher equipment costs or the fish may yield less revenue. But if you have fun, who cares? Change it up.

With respect to sabiki rigs, I seem to remember them catching up to 3 in retail in this era. The ffxiclopedia wiki added this detail to its page for sabiki rig in 2008. I have never used the rigs here on nas. Do they only catch one or two fish at once? :-(

Sabiki and Rogue Rigs catch up to 2 fish at a time. This also includes items.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next