Lobby: Up
Online: 58
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:37 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:38 pm 

I went to try to help a buddy with the fight twice, but both times it didn't let me fight the NMs.
I got the battlefield effect, but as soon as the NMs popped, my battlefield effect got removed, and I couldn't attack them.
First time was three of us, and the second time it was only two of us, and I was locked out both times.

Do I need to have the quest active or something to be able to help? I haven't started the quest line since my fishing skill is like level 9, if that makes a difference.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:20 pm 

Hmm. Haven’t heard any info then this on it honestly. Maybe you have to have it active. Or at least on inside the belly?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:29 am 

My first attempt it worked properly, second two attempts I also lost level sync on one as soon as the enemy spawn. I think atm the person who is trading the pirate's chart should be prepared to solo them since others may be locked out.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:46 pm 

It may be a quest eligibility thing? I popped my chart, the other two in my PT lost sync and was unable to attack also.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:08 pm 

dbdesigns wrote:
It may be a quest eligibility thing? I popped my chart, the other two in my PT lost sync and was unable to attack also.

we just tried with thf smn smn. thf pop with 2hr PD so smns could astral, that was the idea at least. We all had pirate chart in inventory so we all were able to do the quest. first time thf pop both smn lost level sync, thf died, end of story. 2nd time a smn popped it, thf did NOT lose sync but other smn(myself) did lose sync, result was death again.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:14 pm 

mibotsu wrote:
dbdesigns wrote:

we just tried with thf smn smn. thf pop with 2hr PD so smns could astral, that was the idea at least. We all had pirate chart in inventory so we all were able to do the quest. first time thf pop both smn lost level sync, thf died, end of story. 2nd time a smn popped it, thf did NOT lose sync but other smn(myself) did lose sync, result was death again.

My PT was PLD SMN SMN. Same strat basically just invincible and hold. SMN's immediately lost sync when mobs spawned and couldnt attack.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:31 pm 

Seems like aside from the level sync issues (I've resorted to just soloing it on smn), sometimes the sea monk NM will spawn at at incredibly high level, ignore your pet's 2hour ability (possibly cannot engage it?) and one shot you for ~600 dmg. So that's fun too. It seems like you only need to kill the crab to get the chest to pop though; if you run away to resummon, sometimes only the crab will follow you while the other 2 depop. But the chest still spawns if you kill the crab, just need to run back to beach and open it before timer runs out.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:32 am 

Uncle Nasomi,

I just did the fight with Broxigar. each of us were smn. I traded chart. the manta insta killed me. did 603 damage. So some fixes still need to happen.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:52 am 

DiaperLoad wrote:
Uncle Nasomi,

I just did the fight with Broxigar. each of us were smn. I traded chart. the manta insta killed me. did 603 damage. So some fixes still need to happen.

was this done after the update to "make fight harder"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:53 pm 

yes.