Lobby: Up
Online: 50
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: RMT flagging issues
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:00 pm 

So me and about 10 friends all came to Nasomi’s about a month ago, taking a break from XIV until the new expansion. I my self am new to XI and all my friends wanted to show me how difficult and challenging it was back in the day. We have been playing, and it has been really enjoyable. Frustrating at times but all in all I have been having a blast. Well it kind of went to shit a couple days ago, my friend wasn’t able to log into her account. Well its been 3 days no response from Nas. From what it seems is that her character is lost or deleted because of RMT?
The only thing she did, was she let me use 4 items, emp pin, lizzy boots, some 25k back piece and a Tenax Strap for us to do the NMs for the SAM quest. Once done I gave her back the items. The following day a couple of my friends wanted to do the Petrifying pair BCNM again she let me use the items to make it easier fighting them we got our items I gave her back the items and called it a night.

That is the only thing that triggered the RMT for her character, and her character is gone WITH THOSE SAME ITEMS in her inventory lol. She never gave them to me, she let me use them for a to help with NMs. And now she must start over after working her ass off to level up and get all of these jobs for the past month. Its sad because Nas doesn’t even give the time of the day to even look or explain whats going on. If he looked at her account, he would see those same items she let me use on her character.

Am I going to get banned since I traded the items back to her after each time I used them?

Will my friends get banned if I help them with gil? I was farming for the Monster Signa for my friend if I get the item and give it to them will I get banned?

I was having a lot of fun here but this is kind of a killer to me when its shoot first and don’t even bother asking questions.

So just a PSA, don’t let friends borrow items at least high end items because it can flag the account as RMT with out any explaining or even looking at the characters account.

Post subject: Re: RMT flagging issues
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:20 pm 

That sounds like a problem on her end, being sent to mordion doesn't stop you from being to log in... also to my knowledge Nasomi doesn't ever delete characters.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:26 pm 

I'm fairly certain you weren't the only person affected by this very recently if she was in fact jailed. It also appears as though that Orioon/Groooovy dude was also jailed by mistake and has since been let out. It is pretty concerning that this happens so often. I'd definitely suggest to Nas to lessen the restrictions or at least give things a better look over before deciding to jail a person if it was done manually because it only hurts the server's reputation. Removal of RMT is obviously a required part of any MMO that grows in popularity and I'm thankful Nas seems to be so proactive about it, but the people who will be the loudest publicly in a more negative manner are the people who are wrongfully terminated.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:27 pm 

Literally posted it 2 days ago. lol

https://twitter.com/nasomi/status/1082706151668674561

Not much you can do while there :^)

No LS chat, No tells no communication at all lol your just in limbo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:29 pm 

Buddies borrow equipment from each other all the time and it is not against the rules. Selling or purchasing Gil with real-life money is against the rules.

You assume that your friend's been jailed because of her lending items to you, but I see no evidence or logical link between those two things.

There's also already been other jailed people posting here under the guise of "posting for a friend", trying to stir some shit up and sow discontent. If you or someone you know is truly jailed despite being innocent, appeal to Nasomi, sit down and wait. Don't post on the forums, Nasomi will never answer here and nothing good will come out of this.

Last edited by Piellar on Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:30 pm 

Here is the original link posted in support with a SS.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8366

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:35 pm 

I see someone in jail, yes.

What does this have to do with lending gear?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:43 pm 

I am assuming she is in jail because of RMT, a couple other people are in there and the only thing they have in common is the fact that they swap gear with each other.

I know for my friend she sent multiple msgs to Nas with no response. The only thing she has done was let me borrow gear, and it just so happens to be on a day Nas posted the RMT thing on Twitter and that she has not done any RMT buying or selling of gil lol.

Could I be wrong? Maybe, but right now I have not been able to play with my friend at all and thats the only thing we can go by.

I just wanted to bring this up if it in fact an issue, i'm not certain how one gets flagged for RMT but I do know when you do your character is basically gone, and from what people have said you can't really do much to fix it after its done.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:50 pm 

Quote:
That is the only thing that triggered the RMT for her character,

You don't know this. You are not her. No one can ask Nasomi except her about it.

Orioon/Groooovy has an interesting scenario where a known RMT handed him a large sum of gil and expensive items the same day he got banned. That's the only time there is confusion: where an RMT gives items to somebody that could be their friend, it's less clear, but regardless, those items should be taken away. Nas saw fit to jail Orioon and did another investigation after his initial one. That's not a typical scenario.

Quote:
Will my friends get banned if I help them with gil? I was farming for the Monster Signa for my friend if I get the item and give it to them will I get banned?

There are no legitimate scenarios that will have someone jailed.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:53 pm 

Last edited by Camper on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.