Lobby: Up
Online: 40
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Let's talk hub zones.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:24 pm 

For the longest time on retail, Jeuno (and later whitegate) functioned as sort of player hubs. Many people would congregate in these zones; putting BCNM runs together, teleporting people for gil,
arguing over shout about who has the biggest epeen, etc etc.

It is clear that Nasomi would like to recreate this. As would I.
On Nasomi, these zones don't serve the same purpose. I'm fairly certain that this is because it is actually faster to get around from your home city, via use of outpost warps.

It is absolutely clear that unless you are not collecting your outposts, setting your home point in Jeuno is not as convenient for transport.
Let's find some examples.

From levels 12-20ish, you'll probably be partying in the Valkurm Dunes.
From 20/21-25ish the premier location is Qufim Island. (There's also korroloka worms and Rolanberry fields has a nice crawler camp, but these aren't used, really.)

However; level sync is a thing. It always has a 10 level limit nowadays, but you quite easily could find yourself receiving invites for lower level parties. In other words, if you're a smart level 23
something-or-other, you're going to want to be able to access both Valkurm Dunes and Qufim Island in a relatively short space of time.

One way you could do this is by setting your home point in Jeuno, and using a chocobo to get to Valkurm in the event that you get an invite with a lower sync.
Or, if you have the Zulkheim outpost warp unlocked (and hopefully Qufim as well), you could sit in Bastok Mines (or wherever your home country's outpost NPC is) with your flag up,
and be able to get to either the dunes or qufim in under 30 seconds. If you have the outpost, this is undoubtedly faster.

It used to be that you would always head to the jungle in Kazham after you reached 25 in Qufim, on retail. However, here on Nasomi, jungle parties are few and far. People prefer heading off to Carpenter's Landing. The two main ways to get there would be either chocoboing from Jeuno, or outpost warping in to Jugner Forest. The latter would, again, be faster. And cheaper. (You would need some stealth though).

Once you're finished here, it's likely that you'll be hitting up Bibiki Bay next, as that is seemingly the most popular area at this level range. Now this is in the Kolshushu region. Technically it would be faster to set your home point in Mhaura. That is, if you didn't mind twiddling your thumbs while you wait for an invite. Instead, it would be faster and easier to outpost warp to kolshushu.

The same is true of Zi'Tah, you actually camp right at the outpost.

Crawler's Nest is faster and cheaper to get to through the Pashhow outpost, Garlaige citadel is easy to get to from the Meriphataud Mountains outpost. (This one could actually be better from Port Jeuno)

King Ranperre's Tomb is right outside San d'Oria, so if you're from Sandy (Why would you do this?) you can simply walk. Or use the Ronfaure outpost. It doesn't take too long to get the starting area outposts on Nasomi, unlike in Retail.

I haven't played at high level since before ToAU was opened up properly, but I expect from 53/55 onwards, you're going to be spending most of your leveling time in Aht Urghan.

Are any of these incorrect? What measure(s) could be taken to have a hub zone? Should Aht Urghan be our hub zone? Should we even have a hub zone? Please share your thoughts.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:35 pm 

Riosu wrote:
For the longest time on retail, Jeuno (and later whitegate) functioned as sort of player hubs...

Are any of these incorrect? What measure(s) could be taken to have a hub zone? Should Aht Urghan be our hub zone? Should we even have a hub zone? Please share your thoughts.

The first and probably most obvious answer, is to have a simple warp NPC in Jueno that would take you to your home city.

Of course I am sure most of us are aware that Nasomi has spoken specifically on the topic of a City Warp NPC before, and hence must have firm reasons for not liking it as a solution. Not sure what those reasons would be though.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:38 pm 

There’s one, and only one, definitive solution and reason why Jeuno was a hub in retail. It was because the AH were only linked in Jeuno.

That’s it, full stop.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:43 pm 

Wolffhardt wrote:
There’s one, and only one, definitive solution and reason why Jeuno was a hub in retail. It was because the AH were only linked in Jeuno.

That’s it, full stop.

Are you saying that you'd like to see the Auction Houses unlinked? Or is this perhaps just a statement?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:44 pm 

No, I’m saying that’s the only way to achieve a hub city.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:45 pm 

Outpost warper in Jeuno by the Lower Jeuno AH.

Done. Hub city.

He has the code for it. It's just a decision away.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:46 pm 

Nabutso wrote:
Outpost warper in Jeuno by the Lower Jeuno AH.

Done. Hub city.

He has the code for it. It's just a decision away.

That would probably work for me to set my HP there. Nasomi seems averse to this idea.

I for one, think he should do it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:49 pm 

Knowing him he would remove the Outpost warpers from the starting Nations.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:31 pm 

jeuno was only a hub because people didn’t have outpost warps or they weren’t aware of them. I remember it shifted back to the three cities once those were more well-known. I prefer the three main cities each being a hub, and would hate it if Juno was the hub.

With three hub’s, it is already becoming too crowded

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:35 pm 

Concepcion wrote:
jeuno was only a hub because people didn’t have outpost warps or they weren’t aware of them. I remember it shifted back to the three cities once those were more well-known. I prefer the three main cities each being a hub, and would hate it if Juno was the hub.

Indeed. People weren't aware. Is there a specific reason that you don't want a Jeuno hub? Would an Aht Urghan hub be better? Or no hub at all?