* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:10 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:59 am 

solarfox wrote:
ofman wrote:

This is the page to use

This.. they even have graphs.

But anyways, if you are melee, never pass up a Jack-o-lantern.. Its +10 ACC.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:36 am 

Kazen wrote:
If ACC = >90% Use Red/Yellow Curry Buns/meat
If ACC = 80-90% use pizza/akamochi
If ACC = <79% use Sole/Bream Sushi

I agree strongly with the first two, but I haven't had a situation where I was sure I would benefit from sushi over Akamochi/Marinara Pizza. Then again, I don't fight many mobs that have insane evasion either.
With accuracy gear prices rising with population, I could see that becoming more likely in exp situations.

To extend this to lower levels: Know your attack and what your food caps at. I think a decent meat progression is Roast Mutton > Dhalmel Steak > Mithkabobs > Yellow Curry Bun (or Coeurl Subs) > Red Curry Bun(price premium over Yellow, it's your choice.)

For the dunes, Ambrosia >*, else jack-o-lanterns for DD's other than RNG.

At 75, I carry around a stack of Akamochi and a stack of yellow curry buns for just about any activity. For farming weakish stuff, I'll use Dhalmel Steaks because they're practically free.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:22 pm 

Unless I missed the ball on this, I don't think anyone fully answered the OP's questions in regards to situational food.

- For example, many users on the server are new to FFXI and won't understand what is 80-89% ACCR vs 90-99%, etc. I don't even know how to calculate this on Nasomi.
- Many people are not rich so saying "Use ACCR food" is irrelevant because it is not specific. What kind of ACCR food that is cheap and will get the job done at levels x-x? Sole Sushi is overkill and not using it will not hurt xp per hour; I assume 50+?

I was using Sole Sushi from Level 30-40 (Warrior) to show off and make a name for myself even though I could not really afford it which was very expensive and I could have had the same xp per hour using a 4 hour pizza or other stacks that were not 23k. This being said, I think the OP is asking for optimal food situation with cost in mind from 12-75. Why pay 23k for a stack of Sole Sushi when there is something that sells for 3k a stack at level 35 that will get you almost the same results.

It is also cheaper to stack STR/ATTK gear and eat sushi than buying ACCR gear (not ranged). Snipers went up to 140k and were 110k last month. Life Belt is still a decent price at 60k'ish I think but I can easily see this going up to 100k in the near future.

:)

~Rubicmage
Leveling RDM, WHM, BLM, NIN
Taru | Rank 1 Bastok | [ ] Sky / [ ] Sea

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:03 pm 

Poor melee DD: jack-o-lantern below 30, pizza between 30-50, akamochi above 50. If your accuracy is good (mobs check as low evasion before food buff/BRD or COR buffs/Shield Break), use Meat Mithkabob/Chiefkabob until the 50-60 if you'll be getting ACC buffs, otherwise pizza. If your accuracy isn't good (mobs don't check as low evasion before buffs), pizza if buffs will be present, otherwise work on buying better gear as using expensive accuracy food will be counter productive. Above 50, you have no excuse to be using crappy food in a party. If you can't afford decent food and/or gear, go farm.