Lobby: Up
Online: 54
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:04 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject: Re: Is Nasomi corrupt?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:47 pm 

Aeroo wrote:
This is the dumbest thread I've ever seen.

Someone says that every week... are we continually improving?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:35 pm 

lunaprey wrote:
Thank you for the nice response Nabutso!

As a creator of forum software, and also the owner of my own web community, I know what's it's like to have to deal with and defend against attacks by those who pushed the rules too far and got banned. My forum has been under attack by this Turkish pedo for years. When the site started it had no CAPTCHA on registration, and pretty much no rules, but with the daily attacks, we were forced to implement an automated reputation system and limit new accounts from begin able to post pictures or links to combat it! We also tried to make a "Senate" so that players could make their own rules, but even that is being ruined by trolls, and the result is a lot of blow-back against me, the creator for "not implementing the senate's bills" even though they are troll bills.

Anyway, the point is I totally understand how every online community has a few trolls who make life hard for the admin, and force new rules and restrictions on everyone, so if that's all Nasomi is then that's fine.... But I suspect there is more to this story.

I was able to enjoy being an admin on the private server Gamez Aion for awhile a few years ago, and it was a great learning experience-- mostly in seeing how simple it is for some unskilled loser to setup a private server, and literally earn tens of thousands of dollars by selling items in exchange for "donations". He wasn't even paying taxes! So to come to this beautiful new FFXI server and find zero profit-taking, I am almost cynical! Has the server not grown large enough to be milked yet, or is Nasomi truly a selfless individual not looking to enrich himself?

Thee are still a lot of questions to be answered about Nasomi. Like how old is he? What does he do for a living? Where does he live? Is he well spoken? Educated? Does he hold political beliefs, and if so, which way does he lean? Does he have an ego? Does he tolerate staff (such as moderators) who abuse their power? (such as locking threads). Is this forum truly free speech or do users self censor and walk on egg shells? Help me to find out if Nasomi is a good Human being or not!

P.S. The number of pinned threads in this forum implies moderators feel their voice is more important than their users. This is a not a philosophy I support, but I do understand this low level abuse of power is prevalent in most of today's web-forums--- but that doesn't make it okay.

P.S.S. The fact that users are aloud to divert the topic in this thread and be open about it is a good sign that moderators are not over-zealously looking to exercise their power-- which I admire. It's important that monitors know their place as lowly janitors, and not as corrupt-cops looking to get a "kill". I hope all threads are like this. This is how it is on my forum too. The rule of "staying on topic" is useful in academic realms, but not social ones. In those, freedom of expression and relationship-building should be the end goal, rather than content-generation.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:36 pm 

Piellar wrote:
Aeroo wrote:
This is the dumbest thread I've ever seen.

Someone says that every week... are we continually improving?

We are evolving!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:42 pm 

Ryamatsu wrote:
lunaprey wrote:
Thank you for the nice response Nabutso!

As a creator of forum software, and also the owner of my own web community, I know what's it's like to have to deal with and defend against attacks by those who pushed the rules too far and got banned. My forum has been under attack by this Turkish pedo for years. When the site started it had no CAPTCHA on registration, and pretty much no rules, but with the daily attacks, we were forced to implement an automated reputation system and limit new accounts from begin able to post pictures or links to combat it! We also tried to make a "Senate" so that players could make their own rules, but even that is being ruined by trolls, and the result is a lot of blow-back against me, the creator for "not implementing the senate's bills" even though they are troll bills.

Anyway, the point is I totally understand how every online community has a few trolls who make life hard for the admin, and force new rules and restrictions on everyone, so if that's all Nasomi is then that's fine.... But I suspect there is more to this story.

I was able to enjoy being an admin on the private server Gamez Aion for awhile a few years ago, and it was a great learning experience-- mostly in seeing how simple it is for some unskilled loser to setup a private server, and literally earn tens of thousands of dollars by selling items in exchange for "donations". He wasn't even paying taxes! So to come to this beautiful new FFXI server and find zero profit-taking, I am almost cynical! Has the server not grown large enough to be milked yet, or is Nasomi truly a selfless individual not looking to enrich himself?

Thee are still a lot of questions to be answered about Nasomi. Like how old is he? What does he do for a living? Where does he live? Is he well spoken? Educated? Does he hold political beliefs, and if so, which way does he lean? Does he have an ego? Does he tolerate staff (such as moderators) who abuse their power? (such as locking threads). Is this forum truly free speech or do users self censor and walk on egg shells? Help me to find out if Nasomi is a good Human being or not!

P.S. The number of pinned threads in this forum implies moderators feel their voice is more important than their users. This is a not a philosophy I support, but I do understand this low level abuse of power is prevalent in most of today's web-forums--- but that doesn't make it okay.

P.S.S. The fact that users are aloud to divert the topic in this thread and be open about it is a good sign that moderators are not over-zealously looking to exercise their power-- which I admire. It's important that monitors know their place as lowly janitors, and not as corrupt-cops looking to get a "kill". I hope all threads are like this. This is how it is on my forum too. The rule of "staying on topic" is useful in academic realms, but not social ones. In those, freedom of expression and relationship-building should be the end goal, rather than content-generation.

goodness this got me

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:13 pm 

I can think of many people that gif fits perfectly for

Our recent accomplishments

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:26 pm 

lunaprey wrote:
It's important that monitors know their place as lowly janitors, and not as corrupt-cops looking to get a "kill".

hell yeha dude, keep those jannies in place lmao

remmember, they do it for free
Code:
seriously though what the hell is this thread

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:50 pm 

Tread carefully. Kennedy was the last guy to ask this question.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:49 am 

lunaprey wrote:
I have been wanting to play a ffxi for awhile now since ffxiv is so boring, and I came across this server, and I heard some gossip on Reddit about how the owner here is unprofessional, and also that some end game linkshells trade kills instead of camping hnms?

Do you guys have any thoughts on the corruption of Nasomi? For example is it even okay for this thread to exist? I'm level 7 atm so I want to get banned sooner rather than later if I can't be free because I am american. You guys understand I am sure!

Another big question is... how is Nasomi monetized? Will it ever be pay to win?

Also any information on the owner of this server would be appreciated. Like what is his profession? How old is he? Is he married? Can he program? What's his home address?

Thanks!

Luna

Holy shit no wonder people were calling you a troll on that other post about white mages.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:55 am 

lunaprey wrote:
Seriously, noone has info on nasomi? Is there at least a chan dedicated to him or perhaps an encyclopedia dramatica article someone can link?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Nasomi+server+owner+FFXI

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:06 pm 

lunaprey wrote:
Seriously, noone has info on nasomi? Is there at least a chan dedicated to him or perhaps an encyclopedia dramatica article someone can link?

You're beginning to sound really creepy.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next