Lobby: Up
Online: 35
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:19 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:50 pm 

Hiyaaa! I'm new to nasomi, old to the game and had a question. I'm playing red mage and wanted to ask is it better to sub whm or blm (or another job I'm not mentioning) on nasomi? I like to bring as much utility as I can to the party so that's the current goal. Thanks for the help ^^!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:56 pm 

Depends on what you're doing. You'll need both leveled.

Lower levels you're less likely to be main healing, so you're probably giving more to your party as /blm

Higher levels you are frequently the only healer, so /whm is necessary if there are status effects that need to be removed, etc.

Lots of content where /blm will be what you want, though.

You'll also want /drk (chainspell + stun) and /nin (solo stuff, tanking if you want to do that)

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:41 pm 

I have only been denied parties when I didn't have WHM sub, so I'd call it the most important for XPing. Some camps, it is just mandatory for the status effect removal. Personally, I prefer BLM because Conserve MP is better than /WHM if all you are doing is healing. Also, Elemental Seal is absolutely amazing to get that party saving Sleep/Sleepga/Silence off.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:50 am 

/SMN is great 50+ if you don't need status cures (auto-refresh is significantly better than conserve mp) but I agree that /WHM is by far the most important sub for exp and the only one you are likely to be disinvited for missing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:06 am 

leveling you can safely /whm and that's all you really need

/blm for the reasons stated in above posts, eseal + something mostly. you also get sleepga which isn't sleepga 2 but it is still sleepga. having warp as a spell is a really good utility thing that saves lots of time in the long run when you're running around town/buying mats and shit for crafting.

/nin isn't as cool as everyone says in my opinion because you have E for evasion so you're constantly recasting shadows on yourself. you do have fast cast and haste to make this insanely viable but i always found it annoying for soloing because casting is time you're not hitting shit anyways so what's the point. plus whenever i'm soloing on RDM i'm usually farming for something so what gives, i need TH.

/smn is funny if you don't need -na spells because you could potentially have 6mp/tick and rolling thunder

depending on where you are at /thf is viable for solo farming since it gives you TH1 and you have shit like phalanx + stoneskin + protect self-casts so you can take very little damage.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:29 am 

As an RDM main from retail, I lvl'd to 75 exclusively as /whm, but went on to level tons of jobs to use as situational subs... the main ones of course being /blm /nin /war /drk (for 2hr+Stun duty in Sky). I even did some weird ones like /blu /pld /brd /smn etc. The sky's the limit with RDM, and we run the gambit with subs from super useful to situationally fun to experiment with.

If you don't care about ultimate utility, I don't think most players will care if you just choose one of the main subs, either blm or whm, and don't bother with others.

Last edited by Knarlfist on Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:50 am 

Awesome! Thank you all for the awesome suggestions. I'm glad rdm has so many utility options when It comes to subs, will give me something to do for a long time ^^.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:31 am 

HarleyM wrote:
/SMN is great 50+ if you don't need status cures (auto-refresh is significantly better than conserve mp) but I agree that /WHM is by far the most important sub for exp and the only one you are likely to be disinvited for missing.
For the sake of completeness, the bolded statement is true if the /blm is spending less than the opportunity cost threshold. If the wiki is accurate, this threshold is about 285 mp/minute at level 75! That's difficult if not impossible to reach in normal circumstances. If aspir is being used by the /blm to effect mp recovery, however, then that recovery needs to be factored against Auto Refresh's net of 20 mp/min--200 mp per convert. For example, /blm is the smart choice for me when I'm farming light in sky and get 50-100 mp per aspir. It would take me considerably longer to do an elemental otherwise because I'd have to schedule 80-second-sleep2-rests during each fight, which I pretty much have to do when I'm going /thf and trying to nuke-farm flowers in sea. (/cuts_self)

Last edited by Julia on Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:13 pm 

I've watched a few Rdm/Pld setups at 75 for weird kiting/tanking situations...That is very much once in a blue moon type need

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:28 pm 

Rdm/nin is also used for tanking thanks so all the hate generating spells and fast casts and gear to quickly put up Utsu.