Lobby: Up
Online: 76
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:47 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:21 pm 

Hey everyone,

I've heard different stories here and there about how Tenzen's path Pso'Xja part is broken, and how people are forming Alliances of up to 18 people to do this mission, or even paying money to get Tractored.

Besides what's listed on the Wiki ("Enemies in the 50 cap Pso'Xja area for Tenzen's path may be invisible. Run around the room to see them."), I have found no specific post regarding any such issues, or how impactful they are. So I'd like to get some testimonies here, mainly because I'd like to avoid wasting my time trying to duo (2 x dual box) this mission. My apologies if the questions seem dumb, I haven't checked out the place by myself on Nasomi so I'm not sure I comprehend how big of an issue such an invisibility poses, especially if you "can" see the mobs by running around the room. It sounds to me like good sleep/CC management should make the mission very easy.

- What is currently broken?
- What can be done about it? Is it 100% effective or random?
- How is this mission usually approached?
- Could a party of NIN WAR BRD RDM clear it?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:23 pm 

The invisible mobs and their desire to path through the walls to come kill everyone made this the best 200k I ever spent.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:25 pm 

Wolffhardt wrote:
The invisible mobs and their desire to path through the walls to come kill everyone made this the best 200k I ever spent.

What prevents you from dealing with those mobs? Are they crazy high level? Are they not CC-able?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:30 pm 

Shambles wrote:
Wolffhardt wrote:

What prevents you from dealing with those mobs? Are they crazy high level? Are they not CC-able?

Honestly don't remember. I'm guessing we had trouble with CC. It was a while ago.... We spent about 4 hours trying to do it with like 8 people. Went to bed.. Woke up, and paid some dude to be done and moved on with life.

Haven't agreed to help anyone since with it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:32 pm 

it's mostly fluff. I completed it with one full sized party. If my memory serves me correct, we had: whm, rdm, drg, rng, brd, pld

server mishaps:
No shortage of mobs linking through the wall. IIRC we were able to type /target tonberry _____ as a workaround from being unable to target it for crowd control.
There were some invisible tonberries in (most)rooms that would surprise us. In retrospect, it would have been incredibly difficult without a bard (surprise!)

tl;dr, competent group of 6 players should manage. Best of luck

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:43 pm 

beetee867 wrote:
IIRC we were able to type /target tonberry _____ as a workaround from being unable to target it for crowd control.

beetee867 wrote:
competent group

you have to weigh this advice with him thinking you can type "/target {mobs name}" and that work.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:59 pm 

Maybe if you spent less time posting on the forums and more time playing, you'd actually, dare I say,

get good?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:00 pm 

beetee867 wrote:
Maybe if you spent less time posting on the forums and more time playing, you'd actually, dare I say,

get good?

oh my goodness

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:06 pm 

The mobs are invisible until you get close to them.... usually, sometimes it takes a bit of moving around to find the sweet spot to see them. The Tonberry are ITs so they can get some damage in before you can even see them, having a blm up for a while before you can target it can lead to a quick death. If someone can target, having your pt do a /assist name can help.

However it's not that bad, done this a couple times now, you can clear it in about 30-60 mins depending on jobs/amount of people(need at least a balanced pt ), helps to bring a bard.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:18 pm 

Bakum wrote:
The mobs are invisible until you get close to them.... usually, sometimes it takes a bit of moving around to find the sweet spot to see them. The Tonberry are ITs so they can get some damage in before you can even see them, having a blm up for a while before you can target it can lead to a quick death. If someone can target, having your pt do a /assist name can help.

However it's not that bad, done this a couple times now, you can clear it in about 30-60 mins depending on jobs/amount of people(need at least a balanced pt ), helps to bring a bard.

Where I meant to go with this essentially. if the mobs are through the walls and targeting a party member, /assist that member and you'll be able to sleep the enemy through the walls. Thanks Bakum