Online: 58
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:39 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:25 pm 

beetee867 wrote:
i
No shortage of mobs linking through the wall. IIRC we were able to type /target tonberry _____ as a workaround from being unable to target it for crowd control.

3rd party programs and unauthorized plugins are not allowed and you should know better beetee867.

LOL if you could target mobs this way, HNM's like Adamantoise and Aspid would be a joke to claim.

Our recent accomplishments

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:39 pm 

On my other server this mission was broken in the exact same way. We'd usually bring a Bst to Familiar + Charm one of the IT Hecteyes you'd run into pretty early on and it would just tear through the every room. Sadly mobs that can cast aren't able to on this server, so it isn't the best strategy but it's still a huge help.

Since /fillmode or wireframe seems to no longer be an option (people used this shit whether they want to admit it or not), the best workaround I've heard of is bringing a job with wide scan and clear out the room you'll be fighting in + the room ahead of you so you can't get aggro through the door while fighting the gargoyles. After you track a mob in the next room using wide scan you can just type /ta <scan> and pull them through the walls that way. And that's perfectly within the boundaries of the rules on this server since it's just a game command.

As for the invisible mobs, in my experience they're only invisible in the first room in each set of rooms. They'll usually become visible after stepping inside of their room completely, so I always advise casting sneak/invisi on yourself after each set of rooms while still in the lobby/elevator area. Then everyone can step into the room together so everyone can see what they're fighting.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:17 pm 

Skitles wrote:
beetee867 wrote:
i
No shortage of mobs linking through the wall. IIRC we were able to type /target tonberry _____ as a workaround from being unable to target it for crowd control.

3rd party programs and unauthorized plugins are not allowed and you should know better beetee867.

LOL if you could target mobs this way, HNM's like Adamantoise and Aspid would be a joke to claim.

I, too, often find myself meaning completely different things than what I actually said.... and would just really appreciate if everyone ignored it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:32 pm 

Wolffhardt wrote:
I, too, often find myself meaning completely different things than what I actually said.... and would just really appreciate if everyone ignored it.

Let's take a moment to remember Eldy boldly claiming that all LS use VPNs to log in multiple characters after the account system first came out.

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:49 pm 

Wolffhardt wrote:
Skitles wrote:
beetee867 wrote:
i

Don’t be silly. I don’t embarrass over a video game syntax error. I’m just glad i’m not bored enough to retort forum posts all day. Whew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:22 pm 

beetee867 wrote:
Wolffhardt wrote:
Skitles wrote:

Don’t be silly. I don’t embarrass over a video game syntax error. I’m just glad i’m not bored enough to retort forum posts all day. Whew

Imagine believing just being flat out wrong was a syntax error. luuuuuuuuuuul

and yes... working a management desk job is rather boring. Thanks for breaking ground, Copernicus.

Kazen wrote:
Wolffhardt wrote:

Let's take a moment to remember Eldy boldly claiming that all LS use VPNs to log in multiple characters after the account system first came out.

hahaha. sometimes you just look around and are like surely everyone else does this

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:43 pm 

Well, that was fairly easy with a competent group indeed. For the record, trying to target the scan target doesn't work in here. We used Wide Scan to anticipate which kind of mobs would be coming up next.
All in all very easy with a good group; but I can also see how throwing 12 bodies at this would trivialize it.

Thanks for the help everyone :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:17 pm 

Yeh have to pull them by aggroing through the door, 1st attack will cause the puller/aggroer to have the mob as a target, the rest can /assist to acquire the target.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:25 pm 

Sea is not that great. I would suggest skipping CoP altogether.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:23 pm 

Limbus is nice tho ^^