Lobby: Up
Online: 34
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:01 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:44 am 

Long story short, get a Return ring, or even a Homing ring, even if you aren't getting the OP warps. It will make your life a hundred times easier!

I recently found out, that if you have a Return, or Homing ring, if you use it in a zone, it will warp you to that regions outpost, even if you haven't done the supplies run yet! On the wiki, it says you need to do it before it will work, but on Nasomi, it works even with out it! This makes traveling Vana'Diel so much easier!

This effect is two fold from my current usage.

1: It makes getting outposts so much easier. Just zone into a zone in the region that you are getting the outpost, and pop the ring. it will place you literally right next to the OP!

2: You can set your home point literally anywhere in Vana'Diel, and still get back to your home nation in an instant. Use the ring in any Region that you have unlocked with the op warp, and pop the Ring, talk to the guard, and viola! You are in your home nation!

Fishing: 68
Alchemy: 15

*How do I make the image show?*

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:59 am 

This might be construed as circumventing intended game mechanics. Each person gets to make their own choices of this sort, but I'm really skittish about using this technique.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:07 am 

Julia wrote:
This might be construed as circumventing intended game mechanics. Each person gets to make their own choices of this sort, but I'm really skittish about using this technique.

To each their own. I just thought it would be nice to let others know that it works. I mean, if it's a ban-able offence from Nas, then I'll stop doing it, as I never heard anyone say otherwise. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:42 am 

It used to be posted daily in WindurstWins at the height of that shell and when Pepsi(Nas) was super chatty within it. Unless he has some super selective reading I'd say it is known by him and fine for snagging OPs legitly. If he wants to ban me for doing this a year ago for some long run OPs...well I'm sure my wife would appreciate it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:10 pm 

Broadcasting that he was there for that helps a ton. Remember, though, that he may have had that stroke and got broca's aphasia since then. Just trying to sound some caution so people can make their choices with all the relevant info.

Also, his audits can only go back six months in-game (as per his statement about when his server log files are deleted), so unless he wants to ban you for saying here that you did it (which would be kind of fucked up), then you're still stuck with us.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:33 pm 

If you can make it to the zone, you can make it to the op. Seem inv-1 to me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:22 pm 

Cilarnen wrote:

Not always. I've had times where I zone into a zone, and die right near the OP thanks to some aggro.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:21 am 

You cannot use a return ring to OP warp in a region your nation does not have control over, even if you have that OP already. However, as said before, if your nation has control over that outpost, even if you do not have it, you can use a return ring to warp to it if you are currently in a zone within that region.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:01 pm 

Takelli wrote:
Cilarnen wrote:

Not always. I've had times where I zone into a zone, and die right near the OP thanks to some aggro.

Not sure what you're dying from, theres no true sight/sound I can think of near an op.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:44 pm 

Ext wrote:
You cannot use a return ring to OP warp in a region your nation does not have control over, even if you have that OP already. However, as said before, if your nation has control over that outpost, even if you do not have it, you can use a return ring to warp to it if you are currently in a zone within that region.

... What are you saying...??? I do it all the time to OP warp to Jugner forest, or Pashow marshlands then op warp to my home nation when I have my HP set in jeuno.