Lobby: Up
Online: 57
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Why you shouldn't craft
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:08 am 

Last edited by Ukko on Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:19 am 

Does this assume all mats are lost on a break?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:26 am 

Correct, which obviously isn't the case but it's hard to know the loss rate, so I figured better to just assume the worst. I think I could take the break rates and knock them in half (I feel like each mat loss chance is 50%) but I just chose to leave it like that and just make sure I'm aware that it's rounding in a safe direction when I look at the numbers.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:35 am 

If you really wanted to make it depressing, you should throw market liquidity stats in.
For some of these I'd imagine you'd be sitting on NQ's forever.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:39 am 

Not the worst idea but not feeling that masochistic for now. Also for some of them I've chosen to just input the NPC price for the NQ price (when I NPC half or more of the NQs I get) and work out the HQ price that I want to sell them at that way. Case-by-Case basis.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:41 am 

Your colour scheme alone made me depressed.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:43 am 

That's the goal.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:11 am 

Ukko wrote:

The economy is really slowing down. I took a break for awhile and came back to find prices undercut pretty hard, lower volume moving, etc. People undercutting stuff into oblivion isn't helping either. Some items went down by 50% or more in some cases. I think a lot of the population from the huge wave from last Summer and Fall have got into the late and end-game levels, so a lot of the low and mid level stuff doesn't move quite as quickly as it did, and everyone is just sitting on tons of inventory.

Undercutting has a more dramatic effect on Nasomi then retail, there's much less movement of specific items, so it is difficult for prices to recover. Will be interesting to see if the trend is cyclical this Summer.

My only wish is that people would undercut more intelligently. I've watched .. specific.. people just tank markets by undercutting 15-20% of the price at a time. That was 3/mo ago, and the price is even lower then when I left. There's a finite amount of people purchasing some items. You can successfully undercut doing much less and still sell your item at the same speed .. and make more money. That being said, it is very much the farmer's market right now.

Prices in general have trended down since ToAU and some big bans. It would be interesting to know if there's more or less gil in the economy then 6 months ago, or if there's just that many people in competition.

Either way, I love crafting in XI. We'll see what happens when the "character slots for gil" addition happens, should spice things up a bit along with Summer break.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:02 am 

DuskRequiem wrote:
Ukko wrote:

The economy is really slowing down. I took a break for awhile and came back to find prices undercut pretty hard, lower volume moving, etc. People undercutting stuff into oblivion isn't helping either. Some items went down by 50% or more in some cases. I think a lot of the population from the huge wave from last Summer and Fall have got into the late and end-game levels, so a lot of the low and mid level stuff doesn't move quite as quickly as it did, and everyone is just sitting on tons of inventory.

Undercutting has a more dramatic effect on Nasomi then retail, there's much less movement of specific items, so it is difficult for prices to recover. Will be interesting to see if the trend is cyclical this Summer.

My only wish is that people would undercut more intelligently. I've watched .. specific.. people just tank markets by undercutting 15-20% of the price at a time. That was 3/mo ago, and the price is even lower then when I left. There's a finite amount of people purchasing some items. You can successfully undercut doing much less and still sell your item at the same speed .. and make more money. That being said, it is very much the farmer's market right now.

Prices in general have trended down since ToAU and some big bans. It would be interesting to know if there's more or less gil in the economy then 6 months ago, or if there's just that many people in competition.

Either way, I love crafting in XI. We'll see what happens when the "character slots for gil" addition happens, should spice things up a bit along with Summer break.

I should clarify the intention of the post was just some humor around the amount of effort that goes into crafting, I wasn't particularly trying to point out prices or lack of profit, if I wanted to do that I'd show the bottom of the sheet not the top. xD (It's sorted descending by profit %). That being said yeah margins are definitely getting tighter and tighter as time goes on--Just the nature of competition I suppose.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:46 am 

DuskRequiem wrote:
wwwwwwwwww