Lobby: Up
Online: 48
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:09 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:06 am 

Quest name: Blast From the Past
Quest URL: http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Blast_from_the_Past

(Additional information about the NM: http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Ichorous_Ire)

Problem: Ichorous Ire does not pop when clicking the Fossil Rock at (F-8) on the second map of Maze of Shakrami. Even after waiting ten minutes to make absolute certainty nobody else has killed it, it refused to pop. Cannot complete quest, or start Mandragora Mad with Yoran-Oran until NM can be killed.

Reproduce Ability: I've tried multiple times to kill this NM. I've tried at least three different occasions since starting on this server about a year ago. Most recent attempt was tonight (10/23).

Steps taken that can be followed to come to the same problem: Wiki says you can pop NM without starting the quest, so starting the quest is optional (I have it activated on Meyi and unactivated on Lekoh; the NM won't pop on either character). Go to Maze of Shakrami, second map at (F-8), and click on the ???. A message should say: "A large fossil has been excavated from here. The hole where it once sat is covered in something sticky."

Other Details: I don't care about this quest per se, but it does prevent a person from starting Mandragora Mad, as Yoran-Oran becomes obsessed about the Burnite Shell that Ichorous Ire is supposed to drop. He won't even accept cornettes traded to him.

I don't care if this quest is deleted from my log of active quests. I just want access to Mandragora Mad so I can get some Windurst fame.

Screenshots:

10 minute wait:

Edit: Image

Currently activated quests:

Location on the map:

If you need any other details, please let me know. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:05 pm 

Yes, I am doing this Currently at 7:00 am 11/26/18 the bug is till active. No spawn of Ichor.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:19 pm 

meraut wrote:
Yes, I am doing this Currently at 7:00 am 11/26/18 the bug is till active. No spawn of Ichor.

This thread is over 2 years old. The mob spawns underground, I think. Others have completed it fine.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:54 pm 

Reviving an old thread but I tried searching everywhere. I cannot get the NM to spawn either... if it spawns underground, how can I get it to aggro me/come above ground? I tried doing AoEs on mobs nearby to get it. Tried going as SAM/SMN so carby would auto attack. Nothing is working.

I need to finish this quest because Koru-Moru won't let me complete SMN AF1 until I finish this quest I accidentally activated with him.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:54 pm 

Fixed kinda.... He spawned on Map 1. I recommend going a job with Wide Scan if ur going to try this quest. He popped on the wrong floor halfway across the map.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:42 pm 

Bumping incase people end up searching this as a I did. Fixed, but NM spawns close to fossil rock. Go in using Widescan as others have mentioned.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:45 pm 

More Necro bumps... (;⌣̀_⌣́)

If this happens again (i.e. the past fix/adjustment breaks) please go ahead and start a new thread.

:!: Please note that if your posts or responses are deleted on the forums, chances are it was inappropriate, inflammatory, or someone else was defamed.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]