Lobby: Up
Online: 59
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:51 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:13 pm 

** updated and fix **and today i went to check if i was blackscreening in DA before going to swap my router and the issue resolved itself?? Guess I'm happy >.>

So I've been blackscreening while going into 2 certain zones (dynamis dunes and Dragons aery ) and for some odd reason those two zones causes 1 character to blackscreen, one can enter but once the other one does it will cause the other one to blackscreen when I relog.

I downloaded a VPN and tried zoning in DA and they worked with no issues. Nothing has changed with my ISP / Router / etc in the past 3 days and this happened for the first time 2 months ago for 3 days and went away.

Not sure what my internet would be causing me to be fine in 99% of zones and have an issue with 2? Curious if anyone else has had this issue and knows a fix?

It's like my IP is being blocked from entering 2 zones some how....

Hopefully if nas reads this, a random free VPN with like 1 gb free doesn't have some random on it doing shady stuff to link me. I'll give updates if it gets fixed.

edit ;; add atthwa chasm to that list now, i was able to enter there 2 days ago when i blackscreen the other zones...um?

Last edited by nebulacloud on Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:19 pm 

Maybe the issue isn’t you or him, but in between you and him. Using a vpn May route you differently around the issue maybe? What vpn did you use? I remember a guy in naschat a couple months ago that had an issue at the hotel he was staying at, but when he tethered is phone he could get on without issue.

What isp do you have and what area are you in? Do you know anyone in the area that has similar issues? Irl friends maybe?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:04 pm 

Hamster wrote:
Maybe the issue isn’t you or him, but in between you and him. Using a vpn May route you differently around the issue maybe? What vpn did you use? I remember a guy in naschat a couple months ago that had an issue at the hotel he was staying at, but when he tethered is phone he could get on without issue.

What isp do you have and what area are you in? Do you know anyone in the area that has similar issues? Irl friends maybe?

No friends in my area nearby play this. I just don't get why a VPN let's me in the zone but my ISP won't. 99.999% of other zones are no issues. If I didn't dualbox, I don't think I would have this issue either.

I would like to know what nasomi take is on it and if he could fix it. I had no issues in the past and literally nothing has changed....I'm gonna try and go swap my router out and grab a new IP and hope that fixes it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:08 pm 

Nas said during one of his streams that each zone is on a different port, which is how he manages individual servers for each zone, maybe that one particular port for that zone is being used by something else or blocked somehow. Maybe see if nas can tell you what port is used by what zone?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:35 pm 

Hamster wrote:
Nas said during one of his streams that each zone is on a different port, which is how he manages individual servers for each zone, maybe that one particular port for that zone is being used by something else or blocked somehow. Maybe see if nas can tell you what port is used by what zone?

a Vpn wouldn't be changing the ports? I can zone in on one char usually, but both can randomly cause the 2nd one to cause blackscreens... It's like my IP is being blocked from entering the zone or something.

Not sure how any of this makes sense, I just know the Vpn fixed it.

Sometimes 1 char can go in and out, even if 1 is blackscreens and then sometimes when one blackscreen they both get it

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:32 am 

now attohwa chasm is doing it to me, even tho it was fine 2 days ago.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:21 pm 

and today its gone....done nothing different. working properly. hmm lol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:12 pm 

Sounds like nasomi been workin on things, we had a syring of infinite black screen on zones over the weekend, to the point had to clear session 3x and unstuck char 2x, when me and lady both on the same connection, probably some behind the scenes stuff. *shrugs*

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:06 pm 

I have had this issue myself
Sea Serpent Grotto is where it started
I have seen it in Bubu, Bastok Mines, Mog house, Caederva Mire, Western Altepa, Balgas Dais (my spelling is bad, sorry!)

I can log the black screened character off (most of the time it is the 2nd character logged in), log off the main/1st one logged in, then log the black screened character in with 0 issues

This has been a massive PITA and I noticed it got worse and worse as time went on. I have tried various setting adjustments, playing on both characters with the same resolutions, etc