Lobby: Up
Online: 29
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:00 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:06 pm 

What sub were you using when you went to Davoi?

As for the things at the end, I think you’re overstating the impact the changes have had on content. Nothing got appreciably harder

The era, and goal of this server, is absolutely not for everyone.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:22 pm 

Wolffhardt wrote:
What sub were you using when you went to Davoi?

As for the things at the end, I think you’re overstating the impact the changes have had on content. Nothing got appreciably harder

I arrived as /rdm cause I imagined we'd need sneak given my mate was a little lower level and liable for a lot of aggro, and didn't really realize til I arrived that we were going after coffers and /thf would have been better for that. I figured we'd go for a bit and if it didn't drop i'd just switch to /thf and come back. Even as /rdm though, the go-to of flash > stoneskin as a ghetto utsusemi was failing like dirt. gettin hit for over a 100 points of damage even after protect was applied killed stoneskin in no time flat and I was pretty much locked into a rotation of that shit to keep myself alive, while still taking hits once it was down and still needing cures. /RDM in davoi has not failed me ever quite as hard as it did just recently. I'm not sure I would have even been abled to kill a single goddamned dreadnought if I actually tried as /thf though. I'd have been out of MP in no time flat keeping myself alive with cure4's.

And the game did get harder, in terms of getting hit. I probably wouldn't have noticed jack shit if I showed up /nin and just rotated between ichi and ni, but I was thinkin' more about my pal and gettin him safely through Davoi, and again /rdm was never so bad before. You wont notice the challenge if you're just fuckin' shadowing through everything or mostly everything. PLD is the one who gets it the worst of it though. And I find it terribly hard to trust you saying it hasn't made such an impact. I've felt it, and I'm remember earlier this week when I was levelling BLM in carpenters, how quickly and often the melee in my party were dying despite us having a pretty run of the mill pt setup. Must have had 3 deaths over 40 minutes. This shit is obvious man.
Parties start with <Gather Together> <Protectra> and then it's fair game ya know, but the extra defense offered by protect is just barely worth anything anymore. Certainly doesn't fuckin help PLD any when it's the only job still subbing war past 24.

And of course, like seriously -- of COURSE the cure revamp in june impacted shit too. When cures are 40% less effective, that's just straight up doubling the mp usage to keep the same pace as things before the revamp. The degree of what defines "safe play" between how it was in May and how it is now is like 100% different if you're not just PL'ing.

I just want to wrap this up by saying to those 'hardcore' players buttfisted with meta idealogy and min-maxing, that shit like these nerfs to era-accuracy are going to do next to fuckin nothing to impact you. You could increase the damage dealt by mobs 10,000 times and it would still have barely any impact against /nin utsu parties and blm burn parties. The kind of challenge requested to make a difference against the meta here is shit like increasing mob attack speed by 50% and making Sleep only have 40% maximum accuracy short of popping Elemental Seal. These recent nerfs and changes do nothing but make the rest of the non-burn non-/nin game suck harder than seems reasonable.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:17 pm 
Site Admin

No.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:31 pm 

Hi,
Long ago (okay so only a few pages back) this looked to be resolved based on the OPs comments and thanks. Afterwards the posts just went into a rant and really rude language that follows. Leaving it locked instead of deleted in case someone else runs into this issue.

Bug reports work best when it's 1 topic per post in my experience as a QA staffer. So go ahead and report anything still outstanding in a new post. As for rants or frustration topics, I'd suggest going with a more constructive criticism approach if it's something you'd really like to see changed down the road.

:!: Please note that if your posts or responses are deleted on the forums, chances are it was inappropriate, inflammatory, or someone else was defamed.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7