Lobby: Up
Online: 43
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:01 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 57 Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:57 am 

Can't complete this mission. Guide says after first visiting ranperre's tomb and killing the skeles, check the door to receive a cutscene and the ancient book. Take book to gate guard and wait for it to be decyphered. Did this, waited a couple days and came back to it, Guard told me to talk to Prince Trion, got a cutscene for talking to trion, can't interact with Trion's door again -- then the guide says to visit ranperre's tomb and click on the heavy door that earlier spawned the skeles for this mission. Yet there is no door, and also no tombstone. Nothing to select. Talking to the guard again just says i'm still on the mission.

protect was also nerfed and jumbled at some point recently.
pro1= +10def
pro2= +25def
pro3= +75def
pro4= +55def

Seems most BLM -ga spells also list the wrong mp cost amount next to the spell. Stonega lists 24mp, but costs 36mp to cast.

Attachments:
Zweiherzen_2019.07.10_183709.png
Zweiherzen_2019.07.10_183709.png [ 465.54 KiB | Viewed 3511 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:20 am 

i believe the spell cost issue is a .dat thing and would require the client to have some files replaced somewhere

i cannot give an explanation for your other issues

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:49 am 

There are two doors for the that mission, the one you're standing at is the wrong one. There's no mobs behind the CS door, even if it was missing and didn't load

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:55 am 

Oh you're right. Must have gone down the wrong tunnel then, just realized that there are two identical pathways leading to a tomb area. Thanks i'll check again.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:18 am 

yup that was it. Identical separate area to throw people off I guess. I'm impressed tbh.

thanks again beef.

Attachments:
Zweiherzen_2019.07.10_221613.png
Zweiherzen_2019.07.10_221613.png [ 490.26 KiB | Viewed 3453 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:38 am 

Bodey wrote:
i believe the spell cost issue is a .dat thing and would require the client to have some files replaced somewhere

i cannot give an explanation for your other issues

100% Correct. We're using a newer client/related files (See: quadav with wotg armor, existence of repose/pianissimo/etc at all, and so on) which has spell costs, etc., included. The spell costs were lowered post ToAU era, so we see them in our clients, but the server is set to the older values.

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:45 am 

What was this server like for the past 5 years?

Seems so fucking bizarre to me that nas only just now figured out how to change values to their era counterparts. Its like no one would have ever considered this to actually be an era-accurate server before a few months ago.

The extremely slow development of nasomi to get even this close to era has created a huge gap between early and later players. A total character reset across the board doesn't seem out of the question, which of course would be a shame for basically everyone. I just don't get nas' mentality towards how he's approaching this or why he continues to make changes, many of which aren't implemented correctly at first. The preoccupation with era accuracy to some date in 2007 being of higher importance than any later updates made purely out of balance and fun adjustments by SE seems questionable.

Would really like to sit down one day and just play the game and learn it rather than having fundamental, undocumented changes occur every week.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:43 am 

ZweiHerzen wrote:
What was this server like for the past 5 years?

Seems so fucking bizarre to me that nas only just now figured out how to change values to their era counterparts. Its like no one would have ever considered this to actually be an era-accurate server before a few months ago.

The extremely slow development of nasomi to get even this close to era has created a huge gap between early and later players. A total character reset across the board doesn't seem out of the question, which of course would be a shame for basically everyone. I just don't get nas' mentality towards how he's approaching this or why he continues to make changes, many of which aren't implemented correctly at first. The preoccupation with era accuracy to some date in 2007 being of higher importance than any later updates made purely out of balance and fun adjustments by SE seems questionable.

Would really like to sit down one day and just play the game and learn it rather than having fundamental, undocumented changes occur every week.

I mean, this is the same conversation you've had with three dozen people repeatedly, but the goal is to get the server to ToAU era FFXI, because WOTG and beyond made significant changes that fundamentally altered the game. I wouldn't mind the WOTG zones/missions/etc content, honestly, but Dancer, and specifically /dnc, fundamentally shifted the game from a party oriented one to significantly increasing focus on solo player, and things just shifted more and more after that.

It's not entirely focused to be ToAU era accurate - no adventuring fellows, chat staff, etc. Ultimately the server is going to be Nas's vision of how the game should be, which is best described as mostly-ToAU. Nas will continue to tweak it until it gets to where he wants.

But even with that, it's still about as close to era accurate as you get. The competition has a lot less population, and their own bugs and inconsistencies.

http://rfklinkshell.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:36 am 

Doesn't really explain why only now after 5 years that the most obvious on-screen numbers are being altered despite the documentation of their changes having existed even longer.

Feels like nasomi himself never actually personally noticed and is only now making the changes cause a select few are saying its not era accurate, through some vain attempt to please people that probably play on eden anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:44 pm 

the protect thing seems to be legit lol

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 57 Next