Lobby: Up
Online: 46
Sync Range: 40
* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:29 am 

ZweiHerzen wrote:
Cure nerf and Protect nerf bear no goddamn challenges on blm burn barties, kazen. You're still gonna nuke dynamis all the same.
Please consider pulling the cocks out of your mouth before attempting to talk in public, you couldn't be playing the game on any easier cheese strategies if you tried. The problem of you feeling unchallenged is literally a you problem.

What? I've made the game easy mode because I got merits? You're literally making no god damn sense. Yes the game, at it's base level, should be challenging for even the most decked out characters. Is it that hard for you to understand?

Note: BLM was my last 75 on Deft and I was already maxed relevant magic/stat/job merits on both characters(5 jobs at the time on Drop) before even touching manaburned dynamis. You've been on this server almost 3 months by your account's join date. You really think I'm only to the spot I am because of Dynamis merits? Are you kidding me? I've said in previous threads I've always been turned off by the ezmerits that Dynaburning is here on Nasomi.

I'm going to spell out my point one last time, really big for you, can't miss it:

EVERYONE COULDN'T DO ALL THE CONTENT ON RETAIL IN 75 ERA, THEY SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO ON NASOMI

I need my privacy, I need some signs please,
You're all too loud you don't speak quietly, opinions violently.
Deft/Drop

Last edited by Kazen on Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:31 am 

Bet he misses it xD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:36 am 

I have only been playing 3 months, that's correct. As opposed to you Kazen, who has gotten the largest brunt of all your play in while the game was already on 'easy mode'. If you want a challenge, make a new character and take them to maxed out jobs all over again now that those values are fuckered back to "era-accuracy". But that's just a fucking stupid bandaid for your deeper fucking retarded issue of failing to understand how to create challenge for your own self as a player despite whatever goddamn level or job you choose. I like challenging content too ya know! There is challenging content in this game, if you choose to actually play the way it was designed to be played not just fucking sleepga nuking. There's challenging solo content, and there's challenging party content. fucking lv.63 basic bitch mobs halfway through davoi are not supposed to be that kind of challenge for a fucking 75job with merits.

Seriously man put down the shovel. Don't fucking talk about challenge like you even know what it is, much less thinking the concept of challenge is the real reason behind these bad incredibly-late nerfs.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:44 am 

Wonder if his head will explode, when Kazen tells him he soloed pld to 75

but

I've been blocked by this guy so *Popcorn.gif*

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:51 am 

ZweiHerzen wrote:
I have only been playing 3 months, that's correct. As opposed to you Kazen, who has gotten the largest brunt of all your play in while the game was already on 'easy mode'. If you want a challenge, make a new character and take them to maxed out jobs all over again now that those values are fuckered back to "era-accuracy". But that's just a fucking stupid bandaid for your deeper fucking retarded issue of failing to understand how to create challenge for your own self as a player despite whatever goddamn level or job you choose. I like challenging content too ya know! There is challenging content in this game, if you choose to actually play the way it was designed to be played not just fucking sleepga nuking. There's challenging solo content, and there's challenging party content. fucking lv.63 basic bitch mobs halfway through davoi are not supposed to be that kind of challenge for a fucking 75job with merits.

Seriously man put down the shovel. Don't fucking talk about challenge like you even know what it is, much less thinking the concept of challenge is the real reason behind these bad incredibly-late nerfs.

So you truly don't understand the plight of private servers. The older players will always have "benefits" over the new players, we also had a lot of shit we had to put up with to even play on this server, luckily I came after the "wait for Nas to wake up" era, but I was before all the zone/server crash fixes. I was dealing with crashed in various zones or serverwide at least 3-4x a day.

Nasomi has stated he wants this server to "Be in the spirit of FFXI CoP/ToAU era." That means he wants what I want, an extremely hard and punishing game compared to other MMOs. One where everybody can't do all the content.

That isn't talking about sleep+nuke Dynamis strats. Which was a valid way a lot of people used on retail. It's about a Cure IV healing 480 HP instead of 390ish, allowing a tank to survive getting 2 pieced by Tiamat with Mighty Strikes. It's about Protect giving that same tank additional defense against the mobs attack/str checks and letting him take 50 less damage. Instead of giving the advantage to the min/maxer, the one who puts thought/gearswaps into every action, every situation. You want them to be equal with someone who just has an "idle" set and a "enmity" set, because the game makes up for it for you.

Zwei the type of PLD to rely on Fealty/Rampart instead of buying a resist set back before the changes.

The_Carrot wrote:
Wonder if his head will explode, when Kazen tells him he soloed pld to 75

I was duo for quite a bit of that time, but I actually geared for dmg instead of +8 STR +8 DEX +10 Attack on my gearsets.

Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:56 am 

Just shut the fuck up kazen lmao. no one fucking cares bro.

Pretty sure jabberwacky can keep a train of thought more consistent than this forum.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:59 am 

Wait for it...

Wait for it....

Wait.... For.... It....

:Edit: damn I waited too long :(

Last edited by The_Carrot on Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:00 am 

ZweiHerzen wrote:
Just shut the fuck up kazen lmao. no one fucking cares bro.

So no response except "stfu". Lel, have a good night and enjoy your stay on Nasomi. If you want some tips on tanking big stuff, hmu.

Kazen wrote:
Zwei the type of PLD to rely on Fealty/Rampart instead of buying a resist set back before the changes.

Defo this.

Deft/Drop

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:12 am 

Kazen wrote:
ZweiHerzen wrote:
Kazen wrote:

Game was super hard and punishing then, that's what Nasomi and a very large number of players want.

If you want a challenge, challenge yourself. If you're too dumb to challenge yourself, then fuck off with your attempts to ruin the experience for other people who don't give a shit.

Want a challenge? Play fucking quirky jobs in ways they weren't meant to. Play less efficient jobs. Deliberately use low level shitty gear. Challenge yourself, basically.

It would seem the kind of mindset requesting more challenge is unfortunately already too challenged as-is, if this simple facet well within your own control as a player and the way you play your character has eluded you.

Sorry, I want a sense of accomplishment when I defeat something in FFXI. I don't want everything to be so dumb downed that I must gimp myself(whether that be gear or jobs used) to feel that. I and many others also believe everyone shouldn't be allowed to do all the content, the skill floor has always been low in 75-cap FFXI, it was just significantly lower in RotZ/CoP than ToAU and WoTG raised it even more.

You realize there used to be a Cross-Server HNM "Prestige" meter on BlueGartr? A lot of shells were missing things like Wyrms, Baha v2, Jailers, Cerb, Khim. Not because they didn't want to kill, because they literally couldn't.

People like challenging video games, even when played at the highest level of skill. Look at the Dark Souls franchise and all the other titles that followed their lead.

Edit: Mentioning to my LS/friends/IRC and hearing confirmation that Cure values seemed OP, instead of posting on the forums doesn't mean that I'm gaslighting. Try harder.

I suspect your greatest challenge is not insulting everyone.

I agree it should be challenging but I believe the point is some configurations are easy mode. And the only challenge is knowing all the tricks or differences between Nasomi and 2006 ffxi. I don't believe hidden easy modes in classes that never had that functionality really isn't "hard".

Sounds like you people have been handed easy mode. Not everyone gets to the top but playing a shell game with functionality is not hard.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:17 am 

Ask questions if you got questions, then there's this

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9108

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7 Next